Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion - Release Date Announcement

SQUAD

15 minutes ago, PhysicsBoy said:

I mean do I have to pay for it or will I get it for free??

Oh right, you'll have to pay for it if you want it, sorry, because only early adopters who bought the game in alpha back in 2013 get the expansion pack free. 

just because KSP guys are one of the few that are fair to their users i would already buy the expansion pack (was late with Oct. 2013^^)

Every other company that charges $15 in US also charges €15 or (symbol for pound)15 .....

I even can't remember if a company ever used the exchange rates.

Btw .... is there still a way to connect KSP with steam, even if bought on website? Miss the "hours wasted with exploding rockets" funktion :D

I usually just lurk, but I want to voice my agreement with what others have said about the value of KSP.

Generally if I play a game for more hours than the number of dollars I spent on it, then I consider it a good buy.  Twice as many hours: excellent purchase.

I think I paid $20 for KSP, and as of right now I've played 660 hours.  33x as many hours, or a cost of $0.03 per hour of entertainment.

Also, all those hours show that, for me at least, it's more than a game, it's a hobby.  Besides rock collecting, I can't think of a single hobby that I could sustain for years with $20.  Even with the current price plus this new DLC: hundreds of hours of fun over years for $65: definitely a good deal for me.  I actually really hate the current trend of adding paid DLCs for everything, but if the further development of KSP required a subscription then I'd totally be willing to pay that, so a random $15 drop shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, I'm not necessarily saying that it's a great deal for everyone.  I also bought KSP for my wife (she is a gamer, but isn't into simulation stuff), and she played it for maybe two hours.  At full price that's already $20 an hour.  It'd be silly to say that any KSP DLC was a good deal for her.

I've had tons of fun with KSP and, unlike any other game I've gone through, I can't imagine I'll ever leave it behind for too long, so I'm in full support of chipping in for a little more polish and content.

17 hours ago, Ringkeeper said:

just because KSP guys are one of the few that are fair to their users i would already buy the expansion pack (was late with Oct. 2013^^)

Every other company that charges $15 in US also charges €15 or (symbol for pound)15 .....

I even can't remember if a company ever used the exchange rates.

Btw .... is there still a way to connect KSP with steam, even if bought on website? Miss the "hours wasted with exploding rockets" funktion :D

No, but install the mod TotalTime and it will be able to keep track of the hours for you

18 hours ago, Ringkeeper said:

.... is there still a way to connect KSP with steam, even if bought on website? Miss the "hours wasted with exploding rockets" funktion :D

It depends on when you bought it. Did you buy the game before it was available on Steam? If you did, then you have the option to transfer it. Otherwise, it's not possible.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:09 PM, Ty Tan Tu said:

Is the Making History DLC gluten free?

There's actually a company on the Google Play app store called "gluten free games" but, they make nothing but terrible freemium games I would never even risk installing on my phone. Witty name though. :D

On that note though, isn't Unity on Android now? Might we ever see KSP on Android?

Edited by SpaceMouse

On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 9:32 PM, swecker said:

I usually just lurk, but I want to voice my agreement with what others have said about the value of KSP.

Generally if I play a game for more hours than the number of dollars I spent on it, then I consider it a good buy.  Twice as many hours: excellent purchase.

I think I paid $20 for KSP, and as of right now I've played 660 hours.  33x as many hours, or a cost of $0.03 per hour of entertainment.

Also, all those hours show that, for me at least, it's more than a game, it's a hobby.  Besides rock collecting, I can't think of a single hobby that I could sustain for years with $20.  Even with the current price plus this new DLC: hundreds of hours of fun over years for $65: definitely a good deal for me.  I actually really hate the current trend of adding paid DLCs for everything, but if the further development of KSP required a subscription then I'd totally be willing to pay that, so a random $15 drop shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, I'm not necessarily saying that it's a great deal for everyone.  I also bought KSP for my wife (she is a gamer, but isn't into simulation stuff), and she played it for maybe two hours.  At full price that's already $20 an hour.  It'd be silly to say that any KSP DLC was a good deal for her.

I've had tons of fun with KSP and, unlike any other game I've gone through, I can't imagine I'll ever leave it behind for too long, so I'm in full support of chipping in for a little more polish and content.

I generally agree about DLC. There are so few companies however that support thier community (especially now that everything HAS to be a MMO :eyeroll: that i feel they've earned another $15.

I've been playing Elite a lot lately and they want like $6USD for skins.... seriously?

On 07/02/2018 at 4:00 PM, SQUAD said:
tumblr_inline_p3r4vto0vm1rr2wit_540.png

Hello everyone!

With over a year in the making, we are getting closer to bringing Kerbal Space Program towards its next leap forward. Today, we are proud and super excited to announce that Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion will be available for PC on March 13th, 2018.

Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion brings a lot of new and exciting content to KSP, including the powerful and intuitive Mission Builder, where you will have the tools to create and share your own scenarios with other players. We are also including the History Pack, a set of missions ready to be played immediately, inspired by historical moments in space exploration, and more.

tumblr_inline_p3r4zaRTIt1rr2wit_540.png

The new Mission Builder puts the process of creating and editing missions in your hands with endless possibilities. You’ll be able to customize your own missions to include launches, landings, rescues, malfunctions, explosions, repairs, and much more. You can set unique victory conditions, add exciting challenges, and place unexpected obstacles to keep other players on their toes as they play through these complex missions. Challenge others to complete your missions by sharing them with the Kerbal Space Program community!

tumblr_inline_p3r4zaHfV01rr2wit_540.png

The History Pack includes a variety of pre-made missions inspired by humankind’s own space exploration. Now you can spacewalk, pull off a crash landing, and attempt to recreate some of the most memorable moments inspired by historic events. But with our unique Kerbal twist, of course.

The expansion also includes a bunch of new parts and astronaut suits inspired by the Space Race that you can use throughout Kerbal Space Program!

Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion will be available for $14.99 (USD) on PC. And yes, we’re keeping our promise that all players who purchased the game through April 2013 will receive the expansion for free. We’ll provide more details on how that will work before launch.

Stay tuned for more news and exciting updates about Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion.

Happy launchings!

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!!!!

On 2/7/2018 at 12:08 PM, razark said:

I object to this.

I am going to be on a business trip the week before the release.  Since I'm going to be stuck in a hotel all night for a week with not much else to do, I'd be very appreciative if y'all would reconsider this ill-timed plan, and release it a week (or two) earlier.  I'm sure that you can see the wisdom of this suggestion, and will shortly come around to a more sensible release date.

Well, @SQUAD, I'm still waiting on that confirmation...

:)

9 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

I have Squad on the phone. They can't do two weeks earlier, but how about slipping the release date to September 1st to accommodate you?

That works for me.

C'mon, Squad!  You're almost 180 days late already!

Oh, you meant this year?

Well, I’m looking forward to 1.4 fixes for sure... low expectations on the dlc. I’ll buy it anyway just to able to be consistent with the wider community and assure that I have a basis to complain about later. :wink:

Regardless, complements to @SQUAD for completing another important milestone. SWdev is not easy. 

On 2/7/2018 at 1:08 PM, razark said:

I object to this.

I am going to be on a business trip the week before the release.  Since I'm going to be stuck in a hotel all night for a week with not much else to do, I'd be very appreciative if y'all would reconsider this ill-timed plan, and release it a week (or two) earlier.  I'm sure that you can see the wisdom of this suggestion, and will shortly come around to a more sensible release date.

Just be in a hotel with good internet, so that when it does release, you can get it ASAP