Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion - Release Date Announcement

SQUAD

15 hours ago, razark said:
16 hours ago, wenth said:

sooooo are these mission available in a standard campaign or are they a separate game mode?

It's a separate mode

That screenshot only shows that the mission editor is opened from the main menu. It does not tell that you need to be in the mission editor to play missions.

7 minutes ago, sarbian said:

That screenshot only shows that the mission editor is opened from the main menu. It does not tell that you need to be in the mission editor to play missions.

Well, the option directly above "Mission Editor" is "Play Missions", and the linked thread explicitly states:

On 2/28/2018 at 3:03 PM, SQUAD said:

To play a mission, place the mission’s zip file in KSP/Missions. The game will automatically extract the contents for you, so after that you’ll only have to enter Play Missions in the start screen and select the mission you want to play.

Makes it pretty clear that it is a new mode.

I can't cite where, but it's also been stated in at least one Weekly thread that it is a separate mode, not linked into the already existing campaign modes.

4 hours ago, razark said:

Well, the option directly above "Mission Editor" is "Play Missions", and the linked thread explicitly states:

I clearly need to get my eyes looked at :)

6 minutes ago, Battou said:

15$ for a mission making tool in a 40$ game?? Are you crazy?

I know.  Hard to believe it's so cheap.

On 2/26/2018 at 8:24 PM, razark said:

Well, @SQUAD, I'm still waiting on that confirmation...

Well, then.  I guess your silence speaks volumes.  Squad, you have betrayed me with your refusal to bow to my demands for an early release to satisfy my boredom these long evenings alone in a motel room.  This travesty shall not be forgotten*.  You have mere hours to resolve this growing divide you have opened between us.

*At least until next week, when you do release it, anyway. :wink:

27 minutes ago, Calster804 said:

If one person has the dlc and another person dose not can you still swap save files for a war series or something like,e that 

So long as the player with the DLC doesn't use any DLC parts, then I think so. We won't know until someone tries though.

But as always, someone with the DLC could copy their install to a new directory and uninstall the DLC, which will cause them to be on the same version as the person without the DLC that they are playing with.

21 hours ago, razark said:

Well, then.  I guess your silence speaks volumes.  Squad, you have betrayed me with your refusal to bow to my demands for an early release to satisfy my boredom these long evenings alone in a motel room.  This travesty shall not be forgotten.  You have mere hours to resolve this growing divide you have opened between us.

Sigh.

Nice try, Squad.  I am still not yet appeased.

According new EULA you can't install game to more then one computer.  So expected behaviour from Steam to remove KSP from all machines but one.  Funny enough, game still allow to run add-ons licensed under GPL/Apache which are in direct contradiction with EULA.  Interesting who is in fault in this case. 

On 2/7/2018 at 12:04 PM, Darth Badie said:

The store will be ready for the expansion, so you will be able to buy it there :wink: 

PC - so no expansion for Mac? Guess I'll have to hurry up and build a PC...

*reads the rest of the thread*

Oh. Mac. Sweet.

Edited by vsully

On 3/6/2018 at 4:30 PM, razark said:

Well, then.  I guess your silence speaks volumes.  Squad, you have betrayed me with your refusal to bow to my demands for an early release to satisfy my boredom these long evenings alone in a motel room.  This travesty shall not be forgotten*.  You have mere hours to resolve this growing divide you have opened between us.

*At least until next week, when you do release it, anyway. :wink:

At least you'll have access to the internet, and can download it.

I'm going away for 2 weeks, starting on the 11th, to a place which barely has phone reception, let alone internet..;.;