Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion - Release Date Announcement

SQUAD

42 minutes ago, Merinsan said:

I'm going away for 2 weeks, starting on the 11th, to a place which barely has phone reception, let alone internet..

That is going to be fun for you.

In all honesty, though, I haven't really had time to even play 1.4 yet.  The day is full of training, and the nights have been busy with social interaction with coworkers from around the country that I've been too exhausted to bother with it.  I'm not even sure how well it would work on my laptop.  Aside from that, I like my mix of mods, and it's probably going to be a while before they all get updated (if they even do...).

I'm going to have to at least try it (or maybe 1.3.1, since I have it ready to go) during one of the breaks in training tomorrow.  I'd like to be able to say I at least tried to land on the Mun while hanging out at von Braun's old stomping grounds.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:39 PM, razark said:

Sigh. (...)

Nice try, Squad.  I am still not yet appeased.

Have you tried suggesting not buying the DLC? Many of those opposed to the DLC seem to think that the mere threat of not buying the DLC would be enough for have Squad/T2 cower in a corner, and cave in and release it for free (because that... would make sense. Right?).

I'm sure that will straighten them out! :)

Just think how much sweeter it will be returning from training, and 1.4.17 is there, and all the mods are working fine with it!

On 07/02/2018 at 1:00 PM, SQUAD said:

we’re keeping our promise that all players who purchased the game through April 2013 will receive the expansion for free. We’ll provide more details on how that will work before launch.

Anyone know any more details yet?

Hello everyone!

Because I purchased the game in February 2013 I should get it for free, 

but will there be an option to donate the requested amount?

I love this game and want to support it for ongoing updates!

Greetings from Austria

Macky

1 hour ago, John FX said:

Anyone know any more details yet?

no details have been 'offically' given, but.. it is Easy to guess what they would do.

1) for all accounts on the kerbal store, display a link to download the dlc if account shows a ksp purchase before the cutoff date.

2) for steam accounts,.. STEAM can tell when you got the item, and either steam, or KSP would send you a email with a Code for free DLC.

3) you get the idea

it is pretty straight forward.

btw: for those that weren't arround back in 2013.. or before....

SQUAD always, ALWAYS planned for DLC , stop screaming at T2 about the DLC.  it was ALWAYS a Squad plan for dlc and here is the proof.

• back in 2013, squad said "hey everyone, if you buy before April 2013, we will give you any future DLC expansion for free".   this was a promise Squad made, that T2 is honoring.  stop yelling at them for doing that. for god sake.

Edited by Fyrem

1 minute ago, The Moose In Your House said:

I know that it is being released soon for PC, But I have seen other people with it already. Is there a demo or something?

Some Youtubers usually get keys earlier.

I LOVE Kerbal Space Program. I am 19. I am an Eagle Scout and this simple game has taught me so much. I am currently going to school to be a mechanical engineer hopefully moving into aerospace engineering after that. I have learned (albeit, I am not great at it) calculating DV and the TWR by hand. Using delta V maps I can plan out my ride smoothly (as long as I make the proper burns at the proper time). And now, I am just starting to touch basis with this stuff in college. To the team of KSP, thank you. this game is awesome. When I saw this new DLC being announced, I was ecstatic. now that I have seen some parts in action through shadow zone, Matt Lowne, and Scott Manly (and yes, many more), I can't wait the next three days to show what my creative genius can do. I saw Matt's apollo recreation and thought, I can make it look better. I can't wait to deploy the new rover wheels for Apollo 15 thru 17. While I couldn't buy this game before that date you gave and I sat on the wish list for about a year after it, nor have I been able to show my support through YouTube, I can now, and I think 15$ is the perfect price for this DLC and I will be glad to support the game developers in any way I can. Even if I have to deal with some bugs, that's ok. It gives me more of a Kerbal Experience and I can report it and help make the game better for everyone!

Game Dev's, I look forward to this DLC and even though 15 will be (for me) not the greatest and easiest, I think for you guys it is more than worth it, and this way I can show my support to you! I can't wait to continue growing my video editing capabilities and show you the awesome space craft I make with your awesome new content.

I wanted to ask though, will there be a Russian return capsule? the current one may work, but for current rocket designs that is a modual that is left behind to burn up when the astronauts return into the atmosphere. It feels like there is a lack of parts missing for the Lunar Lander on the lower half. could others be using the parts wrong or... Am I going to have to get creative?!?! (hint hint wink wink!!!). AS you may now, with 1.4 I found that I cannot EVA my kerbals. There is a temporary fix someone put out. It just uses the old command pod IVA to substitute for the new one and it works just fine. When will a release fixing that be coming out?

Again, Thank you from the bottom of my heart and my new knowledge and inspiration for becoming (hopefully, one day) A Aerospace Engineer!!

On 3/9/2018 at 6:26 AM, JG Enterprises said:

I love Squad and all they do but I wish that they would extend the deadline that you get the Making History Expansion to like before 2014 because I personally bought my game in August of 2013 and missed the deadline.

I'm sure they'll extend it to make sure you're included.

On 3/9/2018 at 2:01 PM, Dfthu said:

But what if i bought it before April 2013 and then transferred it to steam after that date?

I'm curious about this as well. I remember reading something about migrating it to steam changing up some things, so I wonder if I'll get it or not. I'll buy the DLC if the latter is the case, and I suppose we'll get the answer on the 13th. 

3 hours ago, Jack the Green Ghost said:

Can some one tell me whitch on is the most powerful engine in the DLC and how many kN of trust it has

There's a new large engine that's styled like the real-life F-1 engine, looks like they're still playing with the stats but it's around 1200-1350kN.  Which means that one engine is less powerful than the Mainsail, Twin Boar, Rhino, or Mammoth.  Though a 5x cluster like the Saturn V first stage (S1B) is very serious thrust.

I've seen a lot of people on twitch streams kind of offended that the F-1 analogue isn't the most powerful engine in KSP history, since the F-1 was the most powerful single liquid-fuel engine ever (and still to this day).  It just isn't a perfect analogy since the existing KSP engines are kinda sci-fi future tech

Edited by fourfa

I have missed the Transfer to get a steam key. I have bought KSP on Website-Store, is it still possible to get a Steam-Key? If yes, how?

Have bought KSP at June 2013. So only 1 Munth too late. Can i nevertheless get the DLC get for free?

18 minutes ago, Nexis said:

I have missed the Transfer to get a steam key. I have bought KSP on Website-Store, is it still possible to get a Steam-Key? If yes, how?

Have bought KSP at June 2013. So only 1 Munth too late. Can i nevertheless get the DLC get for free?

Actually 2months late