Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion - Release Date Announcement

SQUAD

7 hours ago, Macky03 said:

I didn´t get an answer on my question from Friday, so don´t expect one on yours!

And I wanted to pay although I should get it for free!

Sorry

On 3/9/2018 at 9:28 AM, Macky03 said:

Hello everyone!

Because I purchased the game in February 2013 I should get it for free, 

but will there be an option to donate the requested amount?

I love this game and want to support it for ongoing updates!

Greetings from Austria

Macky

Well, you could just buy another copy and maybe giver the key to a friend or family member.  Personally I gave a key to my grandson, and I have both the KSP store version and the Steam version.

1 hour ago, Clockwork13 said:
On 3/10/2018 at 1:16 PM, klgraham1013 said:
On 3/9/2018 at 3:26 AM, JG Enterprises said:

I love Squad and all they do but I wish that they would extend the deadline that you get the Making History Expansion to like before 2014 because I personally bought my game in August of 2013 and missed the deadline.

I'm sure they'll extend it to make sure you're included.

I started on Jan 4, 2014. Can they extend it another month so I'm included too?

I'm fairly certain @klgraham1013 was being sarcastic.  And @Clockwork13, if you were also being sarcastic as well, nevermind. :P

The underlying point being it would be extremely unlikely and unreasonable they would move the deadline to accommodate a single player.  Even aside from it being a poor business model, the outrage over that slippery slope would be monumental.  They move it forward so everyone in 2013 could get the DLC for free, and then everyone that purchased it in 2014 would demand the equal treatment of moving the deadline forward so they could qualify, and so on and so forth.

The reason that early backers are receiving the DLC for free isn't because Squad is playing favorites, using arbitrary deadlines, or using double-standards.  In early 2013, it became apparent there was an ambiguous definition over what Squad considered "free updates" versus "paid expansions" or "DLC's" when the game was still early in it's Alpha phase of development.  This is the response that was posted in April of 2013.  This was meant to clarify any confusion that may have existed up to that point over what was promised to the early backers at the time of their purchases, while setting the official policy of how Squad intended to handle any potential post-v1.0 development.  Keep in mind, at this time there were no official or publicly announced plans for any "expansions" or "DLC's", because the game was still a ways out from being released as v1.0.  Early backers were receiving "free updates" as new alpha builds were released; said updates were meant to field additional features, bug-fixes, and sometimes outright feature revisions ultimately meant for the final v1.0 release.  But it became necessary to establish those definitions within the KSP community to delineate the differences, if expansions/DLC's ever became a thing in the future.

Edited by Raptor9

24 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

The underlying point being it would be extremely unlikely and unreasonable they would move the deadline to accommodate a single player.  Even aside from it being a poor business model, the outrage over that slippery slope would be monumental.

This is the internet.  You simply can't respond to unwarranted demands with such craziness as facts and logic.  It's just simply not done.

Edited by razark

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:26 AM, JG Enterprises said:

I love Squad and all they do but I wish that they would extend the deadline that you get the Making History Expansion to like before 2014 because I personally bought my game in August of 2013 and missed the deadline.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:16 PM, klgraham1013 said:

I'm sure they'll extend it to make sure you're included.

1 hour ago, Clockwork13 said:

I started on Jan 4, 2014. Can they extend it another month so I'm included too?

No, see... he was being facetious when he answered that guy.  There won't be any extensions.

And unfortunately, even if they did extend it another month, you would still miss it by eight months.

June 2013, July 2013, August 2013, September 2013, October 2013, November 2013, December 2013, January 2014

1             2             3                   4                     5                   6                      7                   8

Of course, maybe you were also being facetious.  In which case, never mind  :D

For those asking and have the game on Steam, if you purchased the game via the KSP store prior to the free DLC cut off date, you should find that your steam version of KSP is called 'Early Adopters Program' or something. I can't remember where it refers to it as this, I think in the properties window, last tab, but this should indicate you have a version that will automatically receive the DLC.

It also should not matter when you activated the game on Steam, as long as it was via the linking process within the KSP store that was available at the time.

I personally was getting worried until I found out about the above as I no longer have access to my original KSP store account (email address associated with account is no longer under my control).

Edited by Frostyvegi1

2 hours ago, Blasty McBlastblast said:

I wonder what time the DLC will be released? It's been the 13th here for nearly a full day now ;.;

Since Squad is based in Mexico City, where it is 01:16am, while i am writing this, i'd say we will have to wait some more.

I'm going to wager they didn't want to wake up to a massive pile of support requests if something is wonky.  I'd guess it will drop before noon so they have time to... if not get a fix out...  at least know what trouble they're in before close of business.  lol.   That's what I'd do if I was releasing my first DLC at least.  

2 hours ago, Blasty McBlastblast said:

Gah! Curse Squad's sudden but inevitable need to sleep... :D

so how does this work, squad wakes up, goes to the office and pushes a big red button labeled "release DLC"?

I bought the game 1st of December 2011 for 7 bucks, I reckon I've gotten my money's worth during the years, but WHERE THE F*** IS MY FREE EXPANSION?!?! Nah, just kidding, can't waith though.

Edited by Rosmarus

1 hour ago, Human Person said:

so how does this work, squad wakes up, goes to the office and pushes a big red button labeled "release DLC"?

...aaand that button also opens parachutes. And Squad's "CHECK YOUR STAGING!!" jar preys another innocent dollar.

Actually, to correct my post above, to confirm that you have the early adopters copy of the game on Steam, log into Steam, click on your account name at the top right and select account details, then under Store and Purchase History select View Licences and product key activations and down the list it should say ‘Kerbal Space Program - Early Adopters’

3 hours ago, Human Person said:

If I was game developer/publisher that would be exactly how I would do it. Custom made giant red button (with a lock, so it won't get pushed accidentally), that triggers release on Steam and other services. 

You could do launch party and stream the giant button pushing. 

Oh, it could also trigger confetti!