Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion - Release Date Announcement

SQUAD

1 minute ago, _stilgar_ said:

If I was game developer/publisher that would be exactly how I would do it. Custom made giant red button (with a lock, so it won't get pushed accidentally), that triggers release on Steam and other services. 

You could do launch party and stream the giant button pushing. 

Oh, it could also trigger confetti! 

We need TONS of confetti! Confetti for everyone!

2 hours ago, Frostyvegi1 said:

Actually, to correct my post above, to confirm that you have the early adopters copy of the game on Steam, log into Steam, click on your account name at the top right and select account details, then under Store and Purchase History select View Licences and product key activations and down the list it should say ‘Kerbal Space Program - Early Adopters’

Corrected works like a charm to confirm. Thanks!

I know I probably missed something, but I purchased KSP on 9th December 2013. So do I get it for free, because in the Topic it says everyone that purchased KSP befor April 2013 will get it for free and the also other people say that the lifted the date to 2013 as a hole year. What´s right now??? :huh:

6 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

I am waiting for it to be released now

Go see a movie or something to shorten the wait. I’d expect it around 1800 EST which is about 7 hours from when this was posted. Past experience, also: close to end of working day in Mexico City, where Squad is housed. There are always last minute fixes, I don’t expect them to go live earlier.

Edited by Kerbart

1 hour ago, _stilgar_ said:

If I was game developer/publisher that would be exactly how I would do it. Custom made giant red button (with a lock, so it won't get pushed accidentally), that triggers release on Steam and other services. 

You could do launch party and stream the giant button pushing. 

Oh, it could also trigger confetti! 

also a red band to snip with giant scissors, opening the way to the button.

Edit: and a cushion for the scissors carried by penguins. 

perhaps this is why we're waiting

Edited by Human Person

7 minutes ago, hms_warrior said:

one vacation-day wasted -.-

Getting vacations for release day is most of the time the worst decision. Either the release is late or the game has bugs. Learned that the hard way with Sword of the Stars 2...

15 minutes ago, _stilgar_ said:

Getting vacations for release day is most of the time the worst decision. Either the release is late or the game has bugs. Learned that the hard way with Sword of the Stars 2...

At least we got our money back

13 minutes ago, genbrien said:

It has been said JUST NOW that it'll be there at 1PM EDT

so in 45 minutes

Edit: actually nevermind. Did DST turn on again?

Edit 2: Yes it did apparently lol. I don’t have DST so didn’t realize it just turned back on. 

Edited by MechBFP

4 hours ago, Frostyvegi1 said:

Actually, to correct my post above, to confirm that you have the early adopters copy of the game on Steam, log into Steam, click on your account name at the top right and select account details, then under Store and Purchase History select View Licences and product key activations and down the list it should say ‘Kerbal Space Program - Early Adopters’

Woohoo, purchased on April 18, 2013. Confirmed that it shows up in my Steam purchase history as Early Adopters. Thanks for the tip.

1 hour ago, Kerbart said:

Go see a movie or something to shorten the wait. I’d expect it around 1800 EST which is about 7 hours from when this was posted. Past experience, also: close to end of working day in Mexico City, where Squad is housed. There are always last minute fixes, I don’t expect them to go live earlier.

Ill just go mess around in Space Engineers or something until 1pm is it?

2 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

1 hour and 45 minutes actually. ( 1 hour and 33 minutes now, mind you. )

Nope.  Daylight Saving Time.  We moved our clocks an hour ahead last weekend.

Edited by Nikolai
It's "saving", not "savings"