Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion - Release Date Announcement

SQUAD

On 3/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, darkfrei said:

How can I get my free DLC?

You have to had have owned the game earlier than April 2013. Then, you can download it on the KSP website or via the Steam store. If you cannot get it for free, it is $14.99 USD or roughly 11 pounds or a little more then 12 Euros. Go ahead

Sadly, I had to pay for it because owning it since .23.5 isn't early enough. Although, It is Totally Worth it.

Edited by Starslinger999

On 3/9/2018 at 11:03 AM, razark said:

That is going to be fun for you.

In all honesty, though, I haven't really had time to even play 1.4 yet.  The day is full of training, and the nights have been busy with social interaction with coworkers from around the country that I've been too exhausted to bother with it.  I'm not even sure how well it would work on my laptop.  Aside from that, I like my mix of mods, and it's probably going to be a while before they all get updated (if they even do...).

I'm going to have to at least try it (or maybe 1.3.1, since I have it ready to go) during one of the breaks in training tomorrow.  I'd like to be able to say I at least tried to land on the Mun while hanging out at von Braun's old stomping grounds.

I did try playing 1.4 on my laptop, which used to do ok with KSP, but I think Windows 10 has killed that. I even tried earlier versions, and no go. In fact, nothing runs well on it anymore...it probably needs a fresh install (or I have an excuse to buy a new laptop).

Honestly though, I didn't really want to play too much since I was worn out due to the physical work we were doing...we were building a new carport on the family holiday house.

I'm now playing the DLC....I'm enjoying the missions :)

• 2 weeks later...

Umm guys can someone explain me why I can’t get the thing for cussing the different launch sites in KSP 1.4.2 with the DLC in the map it shows me that I have them but I can het the thing under the launch button when I’m in the VAB/SPH. But I can get them when I create new game but not in the game that I already have.

Details: I moved the save files from KSP 1.4.0 without the DLC to KSP 1.4.2 with the DLC and I get the all new parts but not the swipe thing under the launch button

30 minutes ago, Jack the Green Ghost said:

Umm guys can someone explain me why I can’t get the thing for cussing the different launch sites in KSP 1.4.2 with the DLC in the map it shows me that I have them but I can het the thing under the launch button when I’m in the VAB/SPH. But I can get them when I create new game but not in the game that I already have.

Details: I moved the save files from KSP 1.4.0 without the DLC to KSP 1.4.2 with the DLC and I get the all new parts but not the swipe thing under the launch button

Hmmm... let me guess... is this a career game, by chance? This already happened to me.

If it's a career game... and this might also apply to science games, I really don't know, then go into your saved game settings, and there should be a button that says "allow other launch sites". Make sure it's clicked on, and you should be able to get to the other sites again from the VAB and SPH

Edited by Just Jim

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Hmmm... let me guess... is this a career game, by chance? This already happened to me.

If it's a career game... and this might also apply to science games, I really don't know, then go into your saved game settings, and there should be a button that says "allow other launch sites". Make sure it's clicked on, and you should be able to get to the other sites again from the VAB and SPH

First Yea its career but also sandbox too they both don't show up. 

Second which settings main menu, space center or settings in my KSP installation folder? 

54 minutes ago, Jack the Green Ghost said:

First Yea its career but also sandbox too they both don't show up. 

Second which settings main menu, space center or settings in my KSP installation folder? 

Setting from the space center, once the game in question is running. 

I thought sandbox games it was selected by default, but I could be wrong, and that one just needs it turned back on as well.

1 hour ago, Jack the Green Ghost said:

I can’t find that setting can u give a screenshot 

OK... I had some coffee... and took a couple screenshots.

OK, first start the game your having problems with, then hit escape to bring the main menu, and hit the settings button

YdEjaDY.png

Once the first settings menu is open, hit the very top button that says settings Difficulty Options. In my case it's set to Custom. Yours may be different, but that doesn't matter. Just click on it to bring up the advanced menu.

m3Fzx6B.png

Once the game difficulty window is open, you want the bottom button on the left side that says "Allow other Launchsites" 

Click it on and your other launch pad options should now show up from the VAB and SPH.

XQN7iqd.png

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

OK... I had some coffee... and took a couple screenshots.

OK, first start the game your having problems with, then hit escape to bring the main menu, and hit the settings button

YdEjaDY.png

Once the first settings menu is open, hit the very top button that says settings Difficulty Options. In my case it's set to Custom. Yours may be different, but that doesn't matter. Just click on it to bring up the advanced menu.

m3Fzx6B.png

Once the game difficulty window is open, you want the bottom button on the left side that says "Allow other Launchsites" 

Click it on and your other launch pad options should now show up from the VAB and SPH.

XQN7iqd.png

Ow ok I get in THANKS 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OM3GA said:

I purchased the game back in 2012 and have not received the DLC. How was I meant to get it? I own the game on steam.

Hi Om3ga, if you qualfy for the free expansion it should show up automatically on your steam library. If you think you qualify but is not showing up, please contact [email protected]., the official information is on this thread:

• 4 weeks later...