Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion - Release Date Announcement

SQUAD

1 hour ago, pandaman said:

$15, for those of us in UK that's just under £11 at todays exchange rate.

Good price point IMHO. 

And 1.4 too Really looking forward to giving those a try.

Will there be a Tesla Roadster easter egg flosting about in a random orbit somewhere?

YASSSS

Alternatively, someone could mod it...

2 hours ago, pandaman said:

Will there be a Tesla Roadster easter egg flosting about in a random orbit somewhere?

I sure hope so. Should have an orbit going up from kerbin to around dres and an empty kerbal space suit or something. Would be the best easter egg in the game lol

This is cool can't wait.  Since I will be getting a free copy, pretty sure I will buy a copy for someone that can't afford it.  We did that a few years ago on Reddit for Christmas time,  was great think with everyone that pitched in we gave away 10+ copies.  Not including the 5+ I gave out on my YouTube channel.  

Was so nice in the day when you could buy KSP for 15 bucks. :)

Interesting! Question  - I bought KSP before April 2013, but I transferred my purchase to Steam after April 2013. Will I still be eligible for the free DLC, and if so I'd receive it through Steam, correct?

Edited by FCISuperGuy

21 minutes ago, FCISuperGuy said:

Interesting! Question  - I bought KSP before April 2013, but I transferred my purchase to Steam after April 2013. Will I still be eligible for the free DLC, and if so I'd receive it through Steam, correct?

Most of us are in this boat.  Already been told they are working on making sure early adopters who purchased on ksp store and transferred to steam later are getting it free.  Believe still working on it.  Also your ksp store account is still active, as long as you have that your all set.  Just log on it will tell you the purchase date etc.  and show the date you converted to steam key.

Edited by malkuth

Steam sales are up to Squad, they don't have to offer a steep discount during Steam event sales, if they don't want to.  I'm not expecting a 50% off sale for this expansion any time in the next 6 months, considering the fan-following that KSP has. I could believe a small discount during the Winter sale, but that's a long time to wait.  And... I can't wait that long, to thank Squad for the post-sales support and updates I've received, for years now. :) 

There's a mobile game I used to play that is riddled with ads (the reason I tired of it - the game itself is quite fun). In order to remove the ads, they require a monthly subscription that is not far off from the price of this expansion pack. This is a basic 2D, side-scroller. The same game offers 2D, basic car paint jobs for $20 when it's a special offer. If we're going to talk about something being overpriced, there's an example. I'm so glad Squad is not like that. $15 for this expansion pack is a fair price point for me, and I'll get much more fun out of it than I would from a silly alternative colour car on a basic mobile game.

4 hours ago, Deddly said:

Ah now I understand. You think it's too expensive? 

I won't be buying it; if you have no interest in the mission creator then it amounts to a $15 parts pack, most of which is already available for free.

Edited by klesh

8 minutes ago, genbrien said:

Personally, I'm more excited about 1.4 than the DLC

Hope we'll have a teaser video soon™

Would love to see the "Ker-bounce" bug squashed!  

...and maybe some improvements with Unity garbage collection stuttering.