Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion - Release Date Announcement

SQUAD

1 hour ago, 0111narwhalz said:

SQUAD and many other software developers often release content on Tuesdays. Not Monday, because you need one more day after the panic weekend. Not Friday, or even Thursday, because all your people went home for the weekend and can't hotfix. Wednesday is Wednesday.

If you want to see an example of an early-week release working well for hotfixing, take a look at 1.0.x.

I am a software engineer, I know. I should have added some <joke> tags or something...

5 hours ago, SQUAD said:

Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion will be available for PC on March 13th, 2018.

I object to this.

I am going to be on a business trip the week before the release.  Since I'm going to be stuck in a hotel all night for a week with not much else to do, I'd be very appreciative if y'all would reconsider this ill-timed plan, and release it a week (or two) earlier.  I'm sure that you can see the wisdom of this suggestion, and will shortly come around to a more sensible release date.

5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah, but we have to go through that with every update... :wink:

HAHA, Do you know who you just replied to? @linuxgurugameris now managing more mods then anyone I've ever seen. I dare say: no one has ever felt responsible to update so many kerbal mods at one time EVER.

That said, has anyone ever heard the parable involving eggs and a basket?

Woot!  Looking forward to 1.4 and the expansion.  Are we gonna do a pre-release at all?

32 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok.   You go ahead and rebuild 130 mods.  :D

Yeah, he probably didn't realize you're the custodian of something on the order of HALF the abandoned mods out there.    Kudos and thanks, by the way!

On 2/7/2018 at 1:33 PM, JedTech said:

HAHA, Do you know who you just replied to? @linuxgurugameris now managing more mods then anyone I've ever seen. I dare say: no one has ever felt responsible to update so many kerbal mods at one time EVER.

That said, has anyone ever heard the parable involving eggs and a basket?

Oh, wait... @linuxgurugamer... you have 130 mods of your own???

I withdraw my last comments, sorry. I didn't know. My apologies, that is a lot of work.

Edited by Just Jim

3 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

But I don't understand how it's so different from each time a big update comes out? Each time the game updates we all have to wait while the mods are fixed and updated. How is this any different?

Linuxgurugamer isn't USING the mods, he's UPDATING the mods.   He's recompiling and fixing 130 of them.   He's WHY they get updated, for 130 of them (including about two thirds of my favorite mods).

(I wonder if auto-merge still works?)

Edit: Ah, you saw Jed's message already.  Nevermind then :)

Edited by Renegrade

I'd buy right now for twice the price if I could and my wife couldn't stop me. I do hope, though, Squad gives enough time and info to modders so they can get started early. I want to play with the new things but there are some mods I just don't want to do without.

Great news Squad! Been waiting a looong time to get back in.

But I have one question. Since this is a DLC and not a base game update, will it break mod compatibility? 

Edited by superm18

i got the game on the store in 2012 but i only got a steam key in may 2013 will i get a key for the DLC in the store page or another way? Or will it be before april 2013 steam only? my question is will i and many others in the same situation get a key or will we have to buy it?

Edited by bghyt
made it more clear to understand.

8 minutes ago, bghyt said:

i got the game on the store in 2012 but i only got a steam key in may 2013 will i get a key for the DLC in the store page or another way? Or will it be before april 2013 steam only? my question is will i and many others in the same situation get a key or will we have to buy it?

And yes, we’re keeping our promise that all players who purchased the game through April 2013 will receive the expansion for free. We’ll provide more details on how that will work before launch.

37 minutes ago, superm18 said:

Great news Squad! Been waiting a looong time to get back in.

But I have one question. Since this is a DLC and not a base game update, will it break mod compatibility? 

The DLC requires 1.4, which will be released at the same time.

So, the answer is that it depends.  Parts mods will probably be ok.  Mods with included DLLs (ie:  code), may work, it depends on what changes are made in the API

58 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The DLC requires 1.4, which will be released at the same time.

So, the answer is that it depends.  Parts mods will probably be ok.  Mods with included DLLs (ie:  code), may work, it depends on what changes are made in the API

Thank you Linux, Always on point! :) 

$15, for those of us in UK that's just under £11 at todays exchange rate.

Good price point IMHO. 

And 1.4 too Really looking forward to giving those a try.

Will there be a Tesla Roadster easter egg flosting about in a random orbit somewhere?