Do you remember your first exposure to KSP?

drhay53

This was back when 0.20 had just come out.  Me and a friend were going to go see a movie so I went to his house to pick him up.  Before we left, he wanted to show me this "Early Access" game he'd just gotten called KSP.  He'd just built one of his first rockets and wanted to see if it worked.  It didn't, and the explosive death of the Kerbals was so hilarious I bought the game as soon as I got home from the show.  Been with it pretty much ever since.  The friend who introduced me to KSP, however, didn't have the knack for it, quickly got frustrated at always failing, and kicked it to the curb within a couple weeks.

Edited by Geschosskopf

Gosh, I have no idea. I know I played the demo, and I know that I got into solar orbit before Kerbin orbit... but before that I don't know. I do know that I was on a quest of sorts for realistic space games. Orbiter showed up. That was fun, but ultimately I wanted an easier way to make my own spacecraft. Somehow I found KSP, played the demo, bought the game, and watched a bunch of videos about it. Scott Manley's Interstellar Quest is over 100 episodes!

I strongly regret the fact that I cannot remember my first exposure.

What little I do remember is mostly struggling to figure out how to steer the rocket (I had not yet learned that I should steer by looking at the navball), and initially having no idea what the maneuver nodes were for. I persevered, though, and now I've gotten reasonably good at the game.

I do also recall my brother finding KSP, thinking this would be perfect for me, only to find out I already had the game.

My first exposure to KSP was several years ago, like, maybe 2013-14 or so, I don't even know. My first ship was like 3 of the biggest fuel tanks, with 1 of the most powerful engine, and a small command pod. I got the guy lost in space, somewhere in orbit of the sun.

Since then I still have yet to be able to make a true legit rocket launch or anything fancy space-wise, but I have made some really cool planes and rovers in my time. I picked up KSP on console in late 2016 when it was on sale for around $15 and I had a blast with it, I'd had KSP on computer before then, but could barely run it, so the console port was awesome (except for the fact that it wasn't, until the Enhanced Edition :)).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.