more fuel

Hi

First post here, I'm new to the fun with this rocket building, but this game is something I was looking for very long time.

Anyway, I have question - I have version 0.9.0 - standard - no extra modules, and most powerful rocket I was able to make is from top:

parachute

cabin

separator

3 x liquid fuel

engine

separator

SAS module

3-way separator

2 x liquid fuel + engine in each section

this is the most powerful rocked I was able to made, it can easily to achive V2 (escape speed) or eclipse/circular orbit with lot of fuel left. But I want to make bigger rocket. And I can't, because it doesn't start - it is too heavy.

How to build better rocket :( I experiment with extra engines, but it makes the rocket very unstable in flight, and even if they reach orbit there is no extra fuel comparing to the above one - due to many adjustments of fly direction :(

Let's see.

With such a rocket set-up and - thanks to version 0.9 - you can make somewhat larger vehicles thanks to 'struts' (aka 'rocket duct tape.')

A rocket set-up I've been playing with is:

parachute

capsule

decoupler ('separator')

SAS module

liquid fuel tank (x1 or x2)

engine

decoupler

solid fuel

3x radial couplers

18x liquid fuel tanks (6 per radial coupler)

3x tri-couplers ('3-way separator')

9x engines

Throw some struts in there to hold together the wobbly columns of fuel tanks and you'll be good. You can grow that stack quite a bit. You might also look into the thread about ludicrous super-sized rockets:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=1835.0