Post Your Reuseable Rockets Here!

I think this is the only one I've made that I plan on keeping.  (I usually build rockets as a one-off every launch).  SSTO, payload is basically just a orbital rendezvous/return craft centered on the MK1-2 command pod.  Essentially its purpose is what the Soyuz is doing for the ISS.

screenshot614.png

screenshot630.png

22 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I think this is the only one I've made that I plan on keeping.  (I usually build rockets as a one-off every launch).  SSTO, payload is basically just a orbital rendezvous/return craft centered on the MK1-2 command pod.  Essentially its purpose is what the Soyuz is doing for the ISS.

I am wondering what kind of an assent trajectory do you use?

15 minutes ago, eagle92lightning said:

I am wondering what kind of an assent trajectory do you use?

Straight up until 50 m/s, then bank east until the navball is on 60 degrees.  Once the prograde marker catches up, set prograde.  Ride until AP is ~85km, then kill the engines.  Circularize at AP.

Tanks are configured to feed bottom first, probably why I can get away with no tail fins.  Exception being the 4 small tanks that the swivels are attached to.  Those are locked and reserved for de-orbit and landing (even though I always have a little left in the top tank when orbit is reached, but this guarantees I can get down.)

I have just posted about my new, Xerxes Heavy. Here are a couple pics for you. 

QcsSVfJ.jpg

tfURrIU.png

The payload on the rocket is a Dres Spacecraft, or at least the first part of it. 

PttVElL.png

This thing is powered by Mainsails, and can get up to pretty hefty gee forces. Up to about 5 when nearly empty. 

R8KqTYw.png

This rocket can reenter fairly well, a little 100 m/s burn is necessary to prevent the mainsails from exploding, but nothing harmful for the landing. 

fUD2Mp3.png

It does require the engines for the landing, so save about 500 m/s when you return to Kerbin. 

pf3ViqN.png

It does land pretty well, for such a large rocket. I might edit in the craft file some time, but not now. 

Anyway,

Happy Explosions!

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.