[1.10.1] Making Alternate History - Lander Pack

bcink

5 hours ago, hieywiey said:

Does this just use the regular RL-10's from BDB? If not, I'd be glad to do the RealPlume configs for them.

3 hours ago, bcink said:

Thanks - yeah, it does. There is a patch happening in the background which removes the duplicate if BDB is installed, turns them into LFO engines instead of LH2 when BDB is not installed, and as well changes the fuel on the descent stage to match.

1 hour ago, hieywiey said:

If you need any help with RealPlume configs, PM me.

The BDB ones already have RP configs in Bluedog_DB/Compatiblity/RealPlume - that patch can just be altered to use the internal name I set up for these (it's "MAH_Descent_RL10" right now - @bcink you need to figure out a clean, consistent naming scheme!) and then put in the MAH/Compatibility folder. Of course, @hieywiey I'd appreciate if you did that since I have a full legal pad page filled with little 'to-dos' for people around the forums atm. :)

@bcink I'll shoot you a video I made on using Github for KSP modding. Takes about 3 minutes to set up and only a second or two to upload changes. :)

11 hours ago, Kablob said:

I'm sooo looking forward to this mod, I've been wanting a good stockalike Altair for a long time now.

(Yes technically it's not an Altair in ETS but lbr, it's an Altair.)

Agreed :)       and very soon.

8 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

It looks awesome ! :) I love how you made the ascent engine <3

Thank you :D

Flag decals all set (see pic). I think all the compatibility patches (Tweakscale, USI, TACLS, Snacks, CLS, KIS) are complete. Some final play testing needs to take place.

0qxa91X.png

As someone who is big on replicas, this mod will be a boon and immediate download once it drops. 

TLbkDMh.png

Now I don't have to cobble together that Frankenstein looking thing again :D  

3 minutes ago, G'th said:

As someone who is big on replicas, this mod will be a boon and immediate download once it drops. 

TLbkDMh.png

Now I don't have to cobble together that Frankenstein looking thing again :D  

That's actually pretty awesome imo, hehehe - I didn't even know that existed until after I started :D:D

Release will be very soon. I would love to set a day - like, tomorrow, but I won't because it might be a little too optimistic.

2 minutes ago, bcink said:

That's actually pretty awesome imo, hehehe - I didn't even know that existed until after I started :D:D

Release will be very soon. I would love to set a day - like, tomorrow, but I won't because it might be a little too optimistic.

Hell if I could just get those landing legs I'd be set. The legs were always the most frustrating part about building the Altair/Artemis style landers. Nothing looked right and half the good looking legs weren't functional in KSP anymore >.<

But yes, get it done right instead of having to rush out a patch day 1 :)

Edited by G'th

A solid, recommended read for the lander pack. Release is still coming soon. I am doing my best to ensure the pack will mesh as best as possible with the stock game and feel like a true addition with fully balanced numbers, career mode prices etc. It won't be too long still.
http://imgur.com/a/62jEy
AKaWxTr.png
Spoiler

OaRkLUt.png

GWOvGA8.png

YIPW6bb.png

AzfNt8m.png

jDEVYXH.png

zWzBfXz.png

zTGn73k.png

KP0xatJ.png

CYVUDqd.png

AvbMjOW.png

uXWocfh.png

ywFn03Q.png

7uqzcdT.png

BgM26hj.png

Edited by bcink

4 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Congratulations! Your modding progress is nothing less than amazing! I was never satisfied with my Artemis landers attempts, and I’m in awe looking at your parts. Thanks, big big thanks. 

Thank you very much!!!!!!

I don't know if it is just me, but the nodes on the descent stage are on the wrong axis:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.71, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
    node_stack_bottomleft = 0.0, -1.71, 0.67, 0.0, -1.0, 0, 1
    node_stack_bottomright = 0, -1.71, -0.67, 0.0, -1.0, 0, 1

and must be:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.71, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
    node_stack_bottomleft = 0.0, -1.71, 0.0, 0.67, -1.0, 0, 1
    node_stack_bottomright = 0, -1.71, 0.0, -0.67, -1.0, 0, 1

1 hour ago, ddavis425 said:

Everything looks great so far but the landing legs like to slide around on the surface and something seems wrong with the light shaders on the legs.

1 hour ago, Drakenex said:

I don't know if it is just me, but the nodes on the descent stage are on the wrong axis:

I'm very sorry about that, folks. Technicals along the way.  Fixed and fixed. Broken normal map and biffed rotation from descent stage. The legs look pretty crisp now. All compatibility patches are now changed to "Patches" folder and two that were no longer set to automatically detect KIS/CLS now do so. (Very sorry to CKAN team if already adding to the system.) No action needs to be taken on the user's part. Drag MAH into GameData. Any installed addons will automatically detect and function.

Very sorry again about this. Update available on Spacedock:    Download

2 hours ago, Drakenex said:

In case you weren't aware I've been recreating ETS missions as fatefully as possible, I'm going to finally make the Artemis program using your mod!

And this I'm very much looking forward to.

Congratulations on release!

And thank you very much!

Edited by bcink

the landing legs like to slide around on the surface and something seems wrong with the light shaders on the legs.

Ah yea - so this.... The Unity design? or Kerbal implementation? of the suspension system is complete garbage. I spent about 14 days in total and received help from at least 5 different people on those things. It's basically as good as it's going to get using stock code. In comparison, in all tests I have done, the amount of movement is significantly less than the stock expanding landing legs from Squad, so in my book, that's a win. I dabbled with the idea of releasing a suspension-less version, as well as a version using KSPwheel for different plugin code, but settled on this as I actually had very good results all around as far as the grip and bounce and everything else. Hope it works well enough. If it ends up being terrible please let me know and I can think about an alternative, or maybe even a side option.

6 hours ago, bcink said:

Ah yea - so this.... The Unity design? or Kerbal implementation? of the suspension system is complete garbage. I spent about 14 days in total and received help from at least 5 different people on those things. It's basically as good as it's going to get using stock code. In comparison, in all tests I have done, the amount of movement is significantly less than the stock expanding landing legs from Squad, so in my book, that's a win. I dabbled with the idea of releasing a suspension-less version, as well as a version using KSPwheel for different plugin code, but settled on this as I actually had very good results all around as far as the grip and bounce and everything else. Hope it works well enough. If it ends up being terrible please let me know and I can think about an alternative, or maybe even a side option.

Well whatever you did in that patch has made the sliding legs issue go away for me. The shaders on the legs are fixed as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.