I think I found a bug

I'm not new to KSP but haven't played in a while, so I thought I'd go through the tutorial again as a refresh.

I've added the command pod, bit I cannot get off the second screen where you have to add a parachute.  I added the parachute, and It wants me to right click and set the min. pressure slider to 0.02, but it's impossible because on the slider the min is 0.04.

It's not letting me choose back either.  Weird.  My screen is not frozen as I can move the dialog around.

I have a screenshot if that helps.

EDIT: I'm an idiot.  It was .2 not .02.  AHHHH, it's been one of those days at work too.:0.0:

Edited by Gary_P

3 hours ago, Gary_P said:

EDIT: I'm an idiot.  It was .2 not .02.  AHHHH, it's been one of those days at work too.:0.0:

Ah yes, the good ole days of spending three days debugging a couple thousand lines of code only to find out the error was a misplaced semi-colon...

1 hour ago, swjr-swis said:

Ah yes, the good ole days of spending three days debugging a couple thousand lines of code only to find out the error was a misplaced semi-colon...

I lost 4 hours once because I wrote "Teusday" on one line.

2 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I lost 4 hours once because I wrote "Teusday" on one line.

Back in the ancient days of punch cards, unconditional branches, and batch processing, I took a "computer graphics" class.  Which in those days was writing a program (and beforehand, as a prelim, writing the necessary drivers) to move the pen of a plotter, or fire specific pins of a dot-matrix printer and move the platten back and forth, to draw a picture 1 pixel at a time on a piece of paper, which you only got to see and start to debug (in hex dump) 30 minutes after running the punch cards through the reader.

So, our 1st real project (once we'd written the drivers) was to draw a circle.  The algorithm was simple.  Just increment radians as you draw and stop when (accumulated radians) >= 2*3.1416.  But this guy in my class (no, it wasn't me, ISYN) left out the ">" so this was effectively an infinite loop.

Normally, however, this would not have been a big problem because the very 1st punch card in the stack of every job was the "job card", which was basically about money.  The university rented the Amdahl mainframe, got billed by CPU time, and passed this cost onto the students as "lab fees".  Thus, the job card identified whose account to bill.  It also specified a max allowed CPU time regardless of the state of execution.  We were told always to put "S1" in the requisite columns on the job card, "S" meaning seconds, so this meant that if the program would run more than 1 second, stop anyway.  This was a safeguard against infinite loops bankrupting the student and/or university.

Unfortunately, this particular student, who was from a foreign land, misread the prof's "S1" (written on an actual chalkboard) as "51"  And the thing was, if the (EBCDIC, not ASCII) character in the applicable column of the job card was NOT an "S", the time defaulted to MINUTES.  Thus, this infinite loop wasn't going to stop for 51 minutes.  So the plotter pen went round and round and round.  It ate through the paper and started digging a groove in the table.  Eventually, the smell of friction and the screeching of the machinery roused the student employee minding the output desk (where we waited 30 minutes to see how buggy our code was each run, so crowds building up there was normal) from his own studies, and he jumped up and pulled the plug on the plotter.

But this didn't stop the program from continuing to execute on the mainframe, every second of which cost obscene amounts of even 1980s money.  Stopping that required rousing (at about 0100) the god-like being with both the physical key to the locked room where the mainframe physically lived and the knowledge of how to stop it mid-stride without destroying the entire university database (which lived on the then-whopping 32 MEGs of HD space in a separate room bigger than my current office).

This sheet of plotter paper, with a nice hole in the middle about 4" wide where the pen cut the center away, cost about $20K to produce (including repairs) in 1980s money.  It was hanging in a frame in the lobby of the computer science building when I left the university.  I wonder if it's still there.

Edited by Geschosskopf

9 hours ago, Gary_P said:

it's been one of those days at work too.:0.0:

I work as Inspector. Today was "one of those days".

Which in my case involves a judicial decision* saying that the work of two weeks need to be done until yesterday and my chief asssumption that I can handle it after being informed today.

Just arrived home, after 16h dealing with this.

How was your day at work?

* it need to be done. No excuses . Not even the fact that is impossible.