The RAV Challenge

Here it is! A competition of RAVs (Rapid Ascent Vehicle)! Design the fastest rocket in the world!!!   Here our RULES:

1. Attempt will count ONLY when you reached stable orbit of Kerbin in less than 2 minutes and with mass less than 70 tons. Must to be in video or detailed Imgur album.
2. Every -second is +1 point, e.g. 2m(max) - 1m45s(your result) = 15s = 15 points.
3. Every -ton is +5 points, the same as ^.
4. No mods adding engines or fuel tanks or changing physics. No engines/fuel tanks clipping. MechJeb only for DV. No cheats(console/HyperEdit).
5. Kerbal-piloted RAV is +10 points. Just. !!!No losing consciousness - +30 points(only with setting "kerbals lose consciousness when overloaded"). No overloads - +50 points. Ext. seat is -15p.
6. No debris in orbit is +25 points.
7. Every kerbal-passenger is +10 points.
8. SRB only is +25 points. It is not easy.
9.Every reused stage is +30 points.
10.  Space elevator - OVER9000 points. But stock.

Leaderboard:

1.Bradley Whistance.  Fail because too heavy, but I will make -50 points for it. I'm his subscriber. So, 41 second is 79 points, ext seat is -15, piloted - +10p, no debris - + 25p, sum:  49 points. Good, Bradley. 

Edited by FeofileGrotter

1 hour ago, FeofileGrotter said:

Hello everybody, and you may listen to me! I thought about one technology called RAV (Rapid Ascent Vehicle), and said to myself: "Heya, buddy, what about to learn more about RAV?". So, I found the chanell of Bradley Whistance. He designed the rapidest RAV which lifted to orbit in 42 seconds. So, why not to start a new challenge: to design the rapidest, or the lightest, or both RAV? The rules is no cheats and big speed increasing.I think the RAV is a vehicle which lifts to orbit in less then 1.5 minutes. Well, enough words, let's the challenge START!!!

My rocket that was supposed to reach orbit (but was too powerful) only took about a minute to reach orbit altitude. However, it didn't stop there...

Listen all! Let's post RAV's as images or GIFs or videos! It's pretty hard to imagine the rocket. Please. :)

Also I have an idea of REUSABLE RAV.

And yes I don;t remember that I created a new topic. I guess it because I don't know word "suggestion". *Illuminati confirmed*

Edited by FeofileGrotter

4 hours ago, FeofileGrotter said:

Listen all! Let's post RAV's as images or GIFs or videos! It's pretty hard to imagine the rocket. Please. :)

Also I have an idea of REUSABLE RAV.

And yes I don;t remember that I created a new topic. I guess it because I don't know word "suggestion". *Illuminati confirmed*

If you want to make your challenge more attractive, you should work up a scoring system.

All entries must reach orbit in under 1:30, lowest mass wins, 20% weight bonus if you get to orbit in under 50 seconds, 15% weight bonus if your payload is revoverable, 25% weight bonus for a manned rocket, etc.

14 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

If you want to make your challenge more attractive, you should work up a scoring system.

All entries must reach orbit in under 1:30, lowest mass wins, 20% weight bonus if you get to orbit in under 50 seconds, 15% weight bonus if your payload is revoverable, 25% weight bonus for a manned rocket, etc.

Thanks for advice! 

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.