KSP Weekly: Starman to Ceres

SQUAD

3 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

There are also methods to notify yourself when others tweet about you. :wink:

Looking at this thread, I'm not surprised they're not used. 

But I'm still not sure what happened to the outrage when they weren't used for Elon Musk.

Edited by stibbons

22 minutes ago, stibbons said:

Congratulations, you've discovered scheduled tweets. 

I don't schedule them, so it never occurred to me.

22 minutes ago, stibbons said:

Why weren't you complaining about them when the squad account didn't reply to Elon Musk 

Because I was unaware that they were that clueless, or I would have. I remember them talking about him playing the game (devs here on the forum) so I assumed that they did.

18 minutes ago, stibbons said:

But I'm still not sure what happened to the outrage when they weren't used for Elon Musk.

Had I noticed, I would have made the same post, only with Musk in place of Bruno. Or Bezos, or anyone else who it would be valuable for them to communicate with for PR purposes.

In this world of the internet and social media... I am surprised people don't know about scheduled tweets.
It is the weekend guys and gals - but rest assured it has not gone unnoticed.

5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

That I wouldn't know... I don't have Twitter, nor do I want it. I have a bad allergy to social media... makes me really grumpy, and sometimes causes me to break out. :P

Back to parachuting... is it possible to use the EVA thrusters to slow down a Kerbal enough to halo-jump from orbit?
Follow-up.. if it is... would the Kerbal burn up before being able to deploy a parachute?
And a 2nd follow-up... would the Kerbal be able to slow down enough so that the parachute doesn't rip off???

I can't wait to find out!!!  :cool:

You probably don't have long to wait to find out now do you.. dates aren't that far away.

7 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

Will kerbals keep their heat-resistant properties once they have the chutes? It would re-enteering without a ship even more satisfying!

Now if you had a parachute when ejecting in an atmosphere, and a MOOSE when ejecting in orbit that could be even more interesting

6 hours ago, NoMrBond said:

Now if you had a parachute when ejecting in an atmosphere, and a MOOSE when ejecting in orbit that could be even more interesting

It sucks but I made a video demonstrating that kerbals can already drop from space without a suit spacecraft - 

Edited by Fireheart318

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.