Getting Stuck In SPH

I'm not sure if this counts as a bug, or a design issue, but tonight I found its possible to get stuck in the Space Plane Hanger.

If you are in flight and choose the "Revert to Hanger" command )from the menu you access from the Options button) the game will often revert the craft back to the runway and then place you in the SPH.  When you then select "Launch" from the same menu, you will get a dialogue box saying there is already a plane on the runway, along with 2 options. "X" to clear the runway and proceed or "Circle" to abort the launch.  All works fine if you have the parts displayed on the left hand side of the screen however, if you have switched from "parts" to "assign action groups" neither the "X" or "Circle" will work.  In this situation, you can't switch to Cursor Mode and there seems no way to dismiss the dialogue box or do anything other than move about the action groups.  The only way I could find to solve the problem was to press the PS button, close the game and then restart.

I haven't had the chance to try the same process in the VAB.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.