MaverickSawyer

What is your most facepalm-worthy moment regarding KSP?

Did the ooops last night. Mun exploration with my tanker/return module in a polar orbit. Bet you can see this coming. Lifted off my Mun Lander for a rendezvous for fuel...  got into orbit aaaaaaaand....  opposite direction of the tanker. :facepalm

Wonder how many have made that mistake.

• Like 1

Took my little Minmus lander down to investigate an anomaly...

a8BHqOr.png

As luck would have it, it was the green one! Puttered around a bit, exploring and seeing if a nearby depression would be a good location for my Minmus Outpost, then launched to orbit.

Turns out, I had JUST enough fuel to make it into a stable orbit. I forgot to refuel before leaving for the surface. facepalm.gif

cihPYJQ.png

Thankfully, the lander is actually quite spacious, especially when running only a partial load of Kerbals, so the wait for help won't be too hard on them.

Speaking of help, I opted to launch the science return vehicle I had docked to the station as the rescue craft, as it is the only vehicle other than the station itself with a probe core that is in a position to help right now...

qWK3uWh.png

I make the transfer burn to go catch the lander... only to remember that I use the BDB CADS ports... which are quite possibly NOT compatible with like, I.E. Active with Active. So, with great trepidation, I lined up for docking... and actually connected.

glN60k2.png

Four hours of loiter time brings them back to the transfer window. Hopefully I can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat... tomorrow. I'm tired, and I'm afraid I'll screw this up even more if I try to complete the rescue now. After all, my station has some rather large and delicate solar arrays. I'd hate to, y'know, crash into one.

On 1/30/2019 at 6:48 AM, Dan Kerman said:

Did the ooops last night. Mun exploration with my tanker/return module in a polar orbit. Bet you can see this coming. Lifted off my Mun Lander for a rendezvous for fuel...  got into orbit aaaaaaaand....  opposite direction of the tanker. :facepalm

Wonder how many have made that mistake.

Yep done that! Also, when trying to insert into a polar orbit to match my mun polar orbit station from a kerbin orbit, I ended up in the opposite direction...

This wouldn't happen anymore, because they've changed the logic about default crews, but once, back in the 0.20 to 0.22 era, I made an Apollo-style Mun Lander. When I got out to the Mun, that was when I found out that in addition to my 3 Kerbals in the command module, I had also brought along 2 kerbals in the lander can. 

Fresh one from today...

TcFaZSd.png

A picture is worth a thousand words, isn't it.

Learning the hard way . . . <_<

CZe5AY2.png

• Like 4

I build a plane with large canards, and decided to also use them as airbrakes.
I set them to 85 degrees pointing downwards, then took the plane out for a spin.
During landing I touched down, activated brakes and the canards went into action, pushing the nose so hard into the ground the nose wheel suspension traveled all the way, then bounced up violently and crashed the right wing into the ground.:confused:

• Like 2