[1.12.x] Click Through Blocker - NEW DEPENDENCY

linuxgurugamer

I find it odd that this isn't base game as is, in order to stop such incidents from happening and giving modders default access to these things. Not that your mod is bad or anything, I just feel that something like this should be base game by now. :P

I'm having trouble with this mod on 1.9.1. It crashes and then things can't be clicked (buttons, space center buildings, the "load save" button, etc).

[LOG 21:23:46.762] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.10.3 GameData/000_ClickThroughBlocker/Plugins/ClickThroughBlocker.dll

[EXC 21:23:47.120] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
	System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
	AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly.TypeOperation (System.Action`1[T] action) (at <48dcb08e2e1542e2af1286b02d2eb072>:0)
	AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembyList.TypeOperation (System.Action`1[T] action) (at <48dcb08e2e1542e2af1286b02d2eb072>:0)
	SCANsat.SCAN_Toolbar.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name) (at <66adef0886d2488fb75d095356998c41>:0)
	SCANsat.SCAN_Toolbar.ToolbarManager.get_Instance () (at <66adef0886d2488fb75d095356998c41>:0)
	SCANsat.SCAN_Toolbar.ToolbarManager.get_ToolbarAvailable () (at <66adef0886d2488fb75d095356998c41>:0)
	SCANsat.SCAN_PartModules.SCANsat.startScan () (at <66adef0886d2488fb75d095356998c41>:0)
	BaseEvent.Invoke () (at <48dcb08e2e1542e2af1286b02d2eb072>:0)
	UIPartActionButton.OnClick () (at <48dcb08e2e1542e2af1286b02d2eb072>:0)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <7d9ec060e791409ab3eb85c61e312ed6>:0)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <7d9ec060e791409ab3eb85c61e312ed6>:0)
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <edc19f239d8642a2b533c214a7b029d5>:0)
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <edc19f239d8642a2b533c214a7b029d5>:0)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <edc19f239d8642a2b533c214a7b029d5>:0)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <edc19f239d8642a2b533c214a7b029d5>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Here's my ksp.log:

https://www8.zippyshare.com/v/BfcQ8QAl/file.html

Any advice?

On 6/13/2020 at 9:15 AM, MooseV2 said:

I'm having trouble with this mod on 1.9.1. It crashes and then things can't be clicked (buttons, space center buildings, the "load save" button, etc).

[LOG 21:23:46.762] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.10.3 GameData/000_ClickThroughBlocker/Plugins/ClickThroughBlocker.dll

[EXC 21:23:47.120] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
	System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
	AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly.TypeOperation (System.Action`1[T] action) (at <48dcb08e2e1542e2af1286b02d2eb072>:0)
	AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembyList.TypeOperation (System.Action`1[T] action) (at <48dcb08e2e1542e2af1286b02d2eb072>:0)
	SCANsat.SCAN_Toolbar.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name) (at <66adef0886d2488fb75d095356998c41>:0)
	SCANsat.SCAN_Toolbar.ToolbarManager.get_Instance () (at <66adef0886d2488fb75d095356998c41>:0)
	SCANsat.SCAN_Toolbar.ToolbarManager.get_ToolbarAvailable () (at <66adef0886d2488fb75d095356998c41>:0)
	SCANsat.SCAN_PartModules.SCANsat.startScan () (at <66adef0886d2488fb75d095356998c41>:0)
	BaseEvent.Invoke () (at <48dcb08e2e1542e2af1286b02d2eb072>:0)
	UIPartActionButton.OnClick () (at <48dcb08e2e1542e2af1286b02d2eb072>:0)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <7d9ec060e791409ab3eb85c61e312ed6>:0)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <7d9ec060e791409ab3eb85c61e312ed6>:0)
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <edc19f239d8642a2b533c214a7b029d5>:0)
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <edc19f239d8642a2b533c214a7b029d5>:0)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <edc19f239d8642a2b533c214a7b029d5>:0)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <edc19f239d8642a2b533c214a7b029d5>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Here's my ksp.log:

Any advice?

Yes.

First, I need the Player.log

Second, you are running a beta, revert to 0.1.9.5, but get me the Player.log first

You can also try removing Scansat and see what happens.

Finally, the error you are seeing is from Scansat, not ClickthroughBlocker.  ModuleManager might be incorrect here, because of the beta

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 6/16/2020 at 10:39 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes.

First, I need the Player.log

Second, you are running a beta, revert to 0.1.9.5, but get me the Player.log first

You can also try removing Scansat and see what happens.

Finally, the error you are seeing is from Scansat, not ClickthroughBlocker.  ModuleManager might be incorrect here, because of the beta

I think this may be an issue or conflict with the 0.1.10.3 pre-release. I was crashing on launch, then rolled back to 0.1.10.1  and it seems to be fine so far.

16 hours ago, Joker58th said:

@linuxgurugamer, is KerbalChangelog supposed to be a hard dependency in CKAN?

Now it is, because of an upcoming update

16 hours ago, baldamundo said:

I think this may be an issue or conflict with the 0.1.10.3 pre-release. I was crashing on launch, then rolled back to 0.1.10.1  and it seems to be fine so far.

Well, I still haven't gotten a log file.  It's working fine for me, in my 200+ modded game. Without a log file, I can't do anything.  That IS why it is a beta, to find problems, but no one other than @MooseV2 has bothered to get me info, and his file isn't good, see below.

On 6/13/2020 at 9:15 AM, MooseV2 said:

Here's my ksp.log:

Any advice?

I need the Player.log, not the KSP.log.  Both are useful, but more important and useful is the Player.log

========================================================================

I have a new beta here, 0.1.10.4:

----

• Added MiniMod to clear input locks via toolbar button, right-click brings up window
  • Added one-time popup window
  • Added ToolbarController as a dependency

Please test, and get me the Player.Log file if you have issues, along with description of the problem

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Another small improvement, Beta 5

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ClickThroughBlocker/releases/tag/0.1.10.5

• Added cleanup class to cleanup all input locks after a delay, immediately upon changing scenes
  • Added cleanup delay to settings page

I noticed in my game last night that there were a number of times when the input was locked immediately after changing scenes.  While I'm sure it's not caused by this (I was seeing it before as well), the new changes gave me the ability to add a small fix.  Now, immediately after changing scenes, this will clear all the input locks after a specified time, default to be 0.5 sec, and the default time delay can be changed in the settings.

Also, some have noticed that I added Kerbal Changelog as a hard dependency in CKAN.  I felt it was necessary to make sure people actually saw the changelog for the new changes

Again, please test, this is a case where silence is NOT golden

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Well, there's not much use if you specify dependencies in reversed order, i.e. what depends on your mod, not what it depends on. As I found out (using dotPeek) that you have ToolbarControl assembly dependency, which is not mentioned in this mod's description.

Edited by Aberro

1 hour ago, Aberro said:

Well, there's not much use if you specify dependencies in reversed order, i.e. what depends on your mod, not what it depends on. As I found out (using dotPeek) that you have ToolbarControl assembly dependency, which is not mentioned in this mod's description.

That was an addition in beta 0.1.10.3, and is specified in that beta release post:

4 hours ago, Aberro said:

What issue?  If it's the input locks, that should have been fixed in the latest beta

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I though I've had same issue as last one, but then I've checked log and though to check dependencies in dotPeek, so I've found I've missing ToolbarControl assembly and that was the reason why I wasn't able to run the game.

56 minutes ago, Aberro said:

I though I've had same issue as last one, but then I've checked log and though to check dependencies in dotPeek, so I've found I've missing ToolbarControl assembly and that was the reason why I wasn't able to run the game.

So everything is working for you now?

I've upgraded the beta to be the full release.  1.10.5

All changes since previous release:

• Added Settings page 
  • Added new setting to specify Focus follows Click
  • Added code to have the focus follow the click instead of the mouse, for both editor and flight modes
  • Added initial window to select mode, shows one time only
  • Modified the CBTMonitor to not run in any scene other than the editor
  • Fixed window data not getting cleared properly
  • Removed need to save window rect
  • Reorganized code a bit
  • Removed some unnecessary assignments
  • Added stock settings page to support the FocusFollowsClick mode
  • Reorganized code a bit
  • Added cleanup class to cleanup all input locks after a delay, immediately upon changing scenes
  • Added cleanup delay to settings page

23 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:
  • Reorganized code a bit
  • Reorganized code a bit

Looks as if you did some unnecessary extra work or are you just testing us to see if we actually read the release notes?  :P

Edited by Brigadier
Noted more 'extra' work :-)

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I documented each beta, some work got removed as unnecessary,etc

Not sure but...I think you missed the point (sorry, sarcasm is tough in text and I'm being slightly pedantic).

You've duplicated tasks in your release notes.  I assume that you can't remove unnecessary assignments twice in the same release (there I go again :rolleyes:).

@linuxgurugamer First bug.  On load into the Space Center for the first time you get the popup to choose functionality. If you select mouse follows click, you can't select any of the space center buildings.

Second bug.  This mod is now throwing exceptions on all scene changes. [snip] Reverting to previous cleared this issue.

This doesn't really seem ready for release..

Edited by Gargamel
Portions Redacted by Moderator

Would have been nice if some more people would have tried the beta. 

Its very discouraging when I ask for help and only one or two people respond.

And I'll say it again.  KSP.log is useless.  I need the player.log.

I'll take a look at it in a few minutes, if it isn't something silly I'll pull it.

You do have the current version of the toolbar controller, right?

There should be a new button which clears all input locks.  If you aren't seeing it, then you are missing something

3 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

ges. [snip] Revert

Naming the file with curse words is not conducive to my being willing to go the extra mile.

I'll see what I can do, but I dont' have a lot of time right now

4 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Not sure but...I think you missed the point (sorry, sarcasm is tough in text and I'm being slightly pedantic).

You've duplicated tasks in your release notes.  I assume that you can't remove unnecessary assignments twice in the same release (there I go again :rolleyes:).

You are absolutely correct.

Edited by Gargamel
Portions Redacted by Moderator

35 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Would have been nice if some more people would have tried the beta. 

Its very discouraging when I ask for help and only one or two people respond.

And I'll say it again.  KSP.log is useless.  I need the player.log.

I'll take a look at it in a few minutes, if it isn't something silly I'll pull it.

You do have the current version of the toolbar controller, right?

There should be a new button which clears all input locks.  If you aren't seeing it, then you are missing something

My time is limited as well.  If it doesn't show up on CKAN it doesn't exist to me. And yes I see the Input Lock button.

In that case, since you seem to be unwilling to help, kindly avoid the curse words and accept the fact that I am human, alone, unpaid, etc.  

And that occasionally things do get past me.

Both reported bugs seem to be a result of some missing files in my last commit.  What was puzzling was that my local compiles were working, but the released version was not.

I'm rebuilding it now, will test the release version before releasing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.