[1.12.x] Click Through Blocker - NEW DEPENDENCY

linuxgurugamer

Hello chaps

So, remember the mystery problem I was having with Click Through Blocker last month (see posts above)? Well, I've made progress is tracking the culprit down. The problem appears to be caused by some unholy interaction of doom between the latest Clickthough Blocker and Mechjeb - LOG HERE.

I've tested this with no other mods installed accept Module Manager and can confirm the problem is persistent and repeatable. Interestingly, the game loads with no errors or warnings and runs as one would expect with only one mod or the other installed, just not both together.

I've left the same message over on the Mech Jeb thread too.

X

3 hours ago, rextable said:

Hello chaps

So, remember the mystery problem I was having with Click Through Blocker last month (see posts above)? Well, I've made progress is tracking the culprit down. The problem appears to be caused by some unholy interaction of doom between the latest Clickthough Blocker and Mechjeb - LOG HERE.

I've tested this with no other mods installed accept Module Manager and can confirm the problem is persistent and repeatable. Interestingly, the game loads with no errors or warnings and runs as one would expect with only one mod or the other installed, just not both together.

X

Odd, because I use this with MechJeb all the time without any problems.  Are you running the release version of MechJeb or the dev version?

FYI, it helps to ping the author like this:   @rextable , it's a way to be sure the post is brought to the author's attention.

Also, it would help to reference the earlier posts you are referring to, I have no idea when you posted those messages and am not going to waste my time looking for it.

FYI, your log is on google drive, and is inaccessible to me.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, rextable said:

Hello chaps

X

This, in hindsight, clicks.  Mechjeb has not been as stable as normal lately, pushing me deeper into the kOS fold.  The link gives an "Access Denied" message, btw

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Turf said:

Click Through Blocker requires Toolbar Controller.
Toolbar Controller requires Click Through Blocker.

LOL, why not just combine both of them into one?

Thats the plan.  Originally they didnt have the interdepencies.

They will stay in seperate DLLs, but will be in the same zip

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here

(just create my new account because i want to solve this)

KSP.log here

(tried Zero MiniAVC and ran it before, the problem still exist)

(I agree with @rextable , he said it was a mechjeb2 problem because i recently updated it, and the problem occurs)

--- EDIT: ---

I scroll back the ClickThroughBlocker version to 0.1.9.3 and MechJeb v2.11.0.0, everything works fine now. You should investigate why

this problem occurs. 

P.S. I tried delete MechJeb2 mod and runs the game with newest version of ClickThroughBlocker, and it works perfect too.

Hope this helps,

Eric 

Edited by Eric15342335
Add more information for modder to debug the mod

Hi @linuxgurugamer!

I am having a problem with the buttons for Click Through Blocker. They are duplicating in my flight scene. They don't want to respect the settings in the Toolbar Controller, and even though I've hidden them with Janitor's Closet, they still come back. If this were October, I'd insert a haunting reference here. 

Clean reinstall but heavily modded. If you have some suggestions or would like me to do anything to figure out what may be causing this, let me know. Thanks!

Log here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoyHZiRU1jT-zol32PXWg_M6NmWvcg?e=4fDiIh

7 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer!

I am having a problem with the buttons for Click Through Blocker. They are duplicating in my flight scene. They don't want to respect the settings in the Toolbar Controller, and even though I've hidden them with Janitor's Closet, they still come back. If this were October, I'd insert a haunting reference here. 

Clean reinstall but heavily modded. If you have some suggestions or would like me to do anything to figure out what may be causing this, let me know. Thanks!

Log here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoyHZiRU1jT-zol32PXWg_M6NmWvcg?e=4fDiIh

I havent had time to look at the log file, but check to see if you somehow have 2copies installed

Edited by linuxgurugamer

22 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I havent had time to look at the log file, but check to see if you somehow have 2copies installed

Nope. Only one installed to GameData/000_ClickThroughBlocker.

And please don't make this a priority. I can survive the attack of the many buttons. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a bug or is it expected behavior?  ClickThroughBlocker is in focus-follows-mouse mode, and I hover the mouse pointer in an area where two windows overlap.  Instead of JUST the input lock of the window on top, it's activating the input lock of both the windows, including the one that's underneath.

In the screenshot, both the two windows are created using ClickThruBlocker, with this specific version of the many overloaded variants of the Window call:

ClickThruBlocker.GUILayoutWindow(int, Rect, GUI.WindowFunction, GUIContent);

This variant is one of the ones that uses the Window's unique id integer to form the lockName (some variants use the window's title, which is why I'm mentioning which variant is being used.)  In this case the two integer ids were the numbers you see in the debug window: -375264 and -376740

The screenshot didn't capture the mouse pointer, so I had to draw it on afterward in Gimp to show you where it was.

If I move the mouse to the area where the windows don't overlap then I only have one or the other of the two locks active.

cTYmLoI.png

The reason this came up is that I was trying to experiment with using InputLockManager.IsLocked() as a roundabout way to query which window ClickThroughBlocker has given focus to.  But when two different windows can have their input locks active at the same time that technique won't quite work.

• 4 weeks later...

In case it helps: this mod seems to work OK for me in KSP 1.11

I've briefly tested it, with the following list of things installed:

KSP 1.11.0.3045 win x64 (Steam)
Making History 1.11.0
Breaking Ground 1.6.0

Chatterer v0.9.99 - Keep talking!
Click Through Blocker 0.1.10.14
Docking Sounds!! 2.1.12.xxx
E.V.E. Redux 1.11.1.1 (from blackrack) + Configs-1.2.2.1 (from WazWaz)
Final Frontier 1.10.0-3485 + KerbFleet Custom Ribbons 1.2.0
Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.13.0.0
Module Manager 4.1.4
PlanetShine v0.2.6.2 Oct 19, 2019
Rover Wheel Sounds (Revived) v1.8.1.11.20.19 (from DoctorDavinci, .dll overwritten with the one from MAFman)
Scatterer - atmospheric scattering 0.0722
Texture Replacer 4.3
ToolbarController 0.1.9.4
[x] Science! v5.26

The only detail I would mention is that, if played in 4k resolution (3804 x 2160), the UI for this mod is too tiny to see comfortably. It would be great if it could be scaled (maybe just the same as the UI Scale option from stock settings?). At any rate, thank you very much to the developer(s) of this mod!

________

Also, perhaps update the first post? It says "Major Release Update, 1.10.5", which can be misleading... Thanks!

Edited by alartor

On 5/10/2019 at 9:42 PM, GDorn said:

I'm noticing that some clicks still fall through in PreciseNode.  Specifically, while in the map screen editing a node, if I click with the left mouse button too quickly, it thinks I am double-clicking behind the window and deactivates my target.

This is still an issue in the latest version, specifically it seems that the mod doesn't block double clicks in some circumstances like the map screen. It's probably because whatever double-clicking code they have in the map screen completely ignores what window you're clicking on.

Edited by abbiii

13 minutes ago, abbiii said:

This is still an issue in the latest version, specifically it seems that the mod doesn't block double clicks in some circumstances like the map screen. It's probably because whatever double-clicking code they have in the map screen completely ignores what window you're clicking on.

Correct.  Nothing I can do about that, KSP doesn’t know about this mod and obviously doesnt use it.

2 hours ago, abbiii said:

Aha. That's what's going on! You just explained an annoyance I run into a lot when using McJeb's landing guidance. Common for me to select a target (such as the craft of a Kerbal I have a rescue contract for) and then try to offset a bit (because actually landing right on the other craft isn't good) by clicking several times on one of the buttons to move the aim point by 10m. Hadn't occurred to me that my multiple clicks were being interpreted as a double-click (which then takes me completely out of the targetting UI).

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing all day in v1.11 with many mods; no problem until I saw this exception in the VAB while trying to place a group of parts. No functional problem. I don't see anything else troubling in the logs. 

[EXC 19:07:47.588] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
	ClickThroughFix.CBTMonitor.Update () (at <9a1ac5683ad24fde947a809ca495eedb>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

KSP log

player log

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to thank this mod for fixing an age old problem. You recover some things from the surface, and upon clicking the last one you have no input to access buildings, etc. No longer!! Clicking the CTB icon frees it back up, no more corrupted saves!

*happy astronaut noises*

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I am on deep water here but I think this might be related to this mod.

I've installed some mods so there might be any of them, but anyway I start of a fresh campaign and head into the VAB to build my first rocket. I choose the MK1 command pod and "right click" it to get the menu where you may set the lights to on, remove any excess monopropellant and so on. The thing is, when I click the buttons in the menu... it is random whether or not the button react or not. It seems to react more often when I click fast, but it is pretty anoying to be needing to click every option 1-7 times to get it done.

Any suggestions what might cause this? My guess is this mod, but as I said - in deep.

Addin my mod list as of now. Seems a little heavy  :) :

Spoiler

Action Groups Extended (AGExt 1:2.4.0.1)
ASET Agency  (ASETAgency 1.0)
ASET Avionics (ASETAvionics 2.1)
ASET Props (ASETProps 1.5)
Astrogator (Astrogator v0.10.2)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.17.0)
BreakingGround-DLC (BreakingGround-DLC (unmanaged))
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.99)
Chatterer Extended (ChattererExtended 0.6.2)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.15)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.4.2)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.3)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.30.5)
Crew R&R (CrewQueueTwo 1.1.11)
Crowd Sourced Flags (CrowdSourcedFlags 1.55.5)
DE IVAExtension (DE-IVAExtension v1.0.2)
Distant Object Enhancement Continued (DistantObject v2.0.2.0)
Distant Object Enhancement Continued default config (DistantObject-default v2.0.2.0)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.9.2.2)
Editor Extensions Redux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.4.2)
Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 3:1.11.2.1)
Flag Pack (FlagPack v1.1.1)
GravityTurn Continued (GravityTurnContinued 3:1.8.1.4)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 1.2.0)
HullcamVDS Continued (HullcamVDSContinued 0.2.0.1)
Interstellar Fuel Switch (InterstellarFuelSwitch 3.23)
Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 3.23)
JSIPartUtilities (JSIPartUtilities 0.5.0.4)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.13.0.0)
Kerbal Construction Time (KerbalConstructionTime 1:1.4.9)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.8.3)
Kerbalism (Kerbalism 3.12)
Kerbalism - Default Config (Kerbalism-Config-Default 3.12)
kOS: Scriptable Autopilot System (kOS 1:1.3.2.0)
kOS-SCANSat (kOS-SCANSat 1.2.0.0)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.4.1.5)
KSP Interstellar Extended (KSPInterstellarExtended 1.26.18)
LoreFriendly Serious Parody Flag Pack (LSPFlags v2.1)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.3.2.3)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.11.0)
MechJeb and Engineer for all! (MechJebForAll 1.3.0.6)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.4)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.6.4)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.3.1)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.3.1)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.4.1)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.3)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.3)
RasterPropMonitor (RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.31.4)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.31.4)
RCS Build Aid (RCSBuildAid v1.0.6)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.3.2)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v4.0.5)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8.2)
REPOSoftTech-Agencies (REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.5.8.0)
ResearchBodies (ResearchBodies 2:V1.12.0)
SCANsat (SCANsat v20.4)
scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0723)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0723)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0723)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.5)
Spectra (Spectra v1.4.0)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.9.4)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 1.4.0)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.5)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.3.4)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.4.4.5)
Vessel Viewer Continued (VesselView 2:0.8.8.3)
VesselView-UI-RasterPropMonitor (VesselView-UI-RasterPropMonitor 1:0.8.8.3)
VesselView-UI-Toolbar (VesselView-UI-Toolbar 1:0.8.8.3)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

Edited by EasyAce

1 hour ago, EasyAce said:

Hi all. I am on deep water here but I think this might be related to this mod.

I've installed some mods so there might be any of them, but anyway I start of a fresh campaign and head into the VAB to build my first rocket. I choose the MK1 command pod and "right click" it to get the menu where you may set the lights to on, remove any excess monopropellant and so on. The thing is, when I click the buttons in the menu... it is random whether or not the button react or not. It seems to react more often when I click fast, but it is pretty anoying to be needing to click every option 1-7 times to get it done.

Any suggestions what might cause this? My guess is this mod, but as I said - in deep.

You have a lot of mods, but no one has ever reported this problem with this mod.  Would be best to to start small and add a few mods at a time to find what's causing the issue

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You have a lot of mods, but no one has ever reported this problem with this mod.  Would be best to to start small and add a few mods at a time to find what's causing the issue

Yeah, it grows. :) But with the latest updates with the game it has actually been reduced. KIS, KAS, lighting mods ++ has recently been removed :)

I will do that. Go vanilla then start adding from the list. Will start with this mod for sure. IF it is not this I think it might be other mods that add to the right click menu, like kOS, Kerbalism ++

5 hours ago, EasyAce said:

Yeah, it grows. :) But with the latest updates with the game it has actually been reduced. KIS, KAS, lighting mods ++ has recently been removed :)

I will do that. Go vanilla then start adding from the list. Will start with this mod for sure. IF it is not this I think it might be other mods that add to the right click menu, like kOS, Kerbalism ++

Hopefully you are using CKAN.

You don't need to install this mod unless/until there is a mod which requires it (ie:  most of my non-part mods, and some other authors are using it as well).  CKAN will automatically install the right version for you

7 hours ago, EasyAce said:

Yeah back in day, I would use a ton of mods. I think twice since the lifetime of KSP, I took long breaks from game, uninstalled and reinstalled, and downloaded mods again, each time a lot less. My main point was to get more of a vaniila feeling. These days thankfully a player can, with a lot of QoL additions to the game.

My mains modes that I don't have to add anymore are ones that did like precision nodes, action groups during flight and something that gave me more info during flight like KER. Well with addition to base game the better node stuff, action groups during flight and more info during flight. I really don't need to find those mod fillers. I still use KER, but I might remove it, vanilla game gives me enough info.

I started out vanilla this time, with mindset of a handful of mods. I think I am at 17, might go to 20 when some update or go down when I decided to trim some. Honestly that is not a lot of mods for KSP. All are QoL things, nothing vanilla game changing. I am using Restock and Restock+ which I find a most have for the game.

I think having less mods and mods that are not gaming changing, mods that won't break a save when a new update comes out, would allow the transition a new update better. That is my main goal with my mods, they have to allow my save game not to break when a new update comes out. I don't want to be stuck in a save game from a year ago or more when a new update comes out, I want to experience the new features.

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hopefully you are using CKAN.

You don't need to install this mod unless/until there is a mod which requires it (ie:  most of my non-part mods, and some other authors are using it as well).  CKAN will automatically install the right version for you

Yes using CKAN. Actually, the list I shared was from a .txt directly from CKAN. Handy. Took 10sec to create :) Been around for a while so I have my modlist labeled and ready for each new install.

5 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

Yeah back in day, I would use a ton of mods. I think twice since the lifetime of KSP, I took long breaks from game, uninstalled and reinstalled, and downloaded mods again, each time a lot less. My main point was to get more of a vaniila feeling. These days thankfully a player can, with a lot of QoL additions to the game.

My mains modes that I don't have to add anymore are ones that did like precision nodes, action groups during flight and something that gave me more info during flight like KER. Well with addition to base game the better node stuff, action groups during flight and more info during flight. I really don't need to find those mod fillers. I still use KER, but I might remove it, vanilla game gives me enough info.

I started out vanilla this time, with mindset of a handful of mods. I think I am at 17, might go to 20 when some update or go down when I decided to trim some. Honestly that is not a lot of mods for KSP. All are QoL things, nothing vanilla game changing. I am using Restock and Restock+ which I find a most have for the game.

I think having less mods and mods that are not gaming changing, mods that won't break a save when a new update comes out, would allow the transition a new update better. That is my main goal with my mods, they have to allow my save game not to break when a new update comes out. I don't want to be stuck in a save game from a year ago or more when a new update comes out, I want to experience the new features.

+1

I am one of those guys that has been around forever. Every now and then I return and check out the new updates to the game. Every time I end up "just one more mod" until my game finaly get to overloaded... like kraken events on my Space Station made > 10h effort (which often leads to insta-uninstalling KSP) or a new update comes out making my heavily moded playthrough not working.

This time I really saw it possible to avoid some mods. You know, with the new lights and the new engineering mechanics... still I ended up with the "little list above". Lots of QoL mods are still needed... like docking port alignment indicator... then of course I need some IVA stuff so the DPAI gets the real "feel"... which again pushes for ScanSat and the other RasterProp related stuff... And I got to have the clouds. (still don't see why they've never added it vanilla... atmosphere studies of other planets... and the related challenges when it comes to physics/forces is very essential to rocket engineering). Can't go without Chatterer... and the Alarm clock is of course relevant...  and of course I need to raise the bar a notch so adding Kerbalism, Research bodies and constructions time........ and there you go.

1 hour ago, EasyAce said:

Yes using CKAN. Actually, the list I shared was from a .txt directly from CKAN. Handy. Took 10sec to create :) Been around for a while so I have my modlist labeled and ready for each new install.

+1

I am one of those guys that has been around forever. Every now and then I return and check out the new updates to the game. Every time I end up "just one more mod" until my game finaly get to overloaded... like kraken events on my Space Station made > 10h effort (which often leads to insta-uninstalling KSP) or a new update comes out making my heavily moded playthrough not working.

This time I really saw it possible to avoid some mods. You know, with the new lights and the new engineering mechanics... still I ended up with the "little list above". Lots of QoL mods are still needed... like docking port alignment indicator... then of course I need some IVA stuff so the DPAI gets the real "feel"... which again pushes for ScanSat and the other RasterProp related stuff... And I got to have the clouds. (still don't see why they've never added it vanilla... atmosphere studies of other planets... and the related challenges when it comes to physics/forces is very essential to rocket engineering). Can't go without Chatterer... and the Alarm clock is of course relevant...  and of course I need to raise the bar a notch so adding Kerbalism, Research bodies and constructions time........ and there you go.

I been around since KSP added in the Mun, way back when. That is when I first started playing. A gaming buddy of mine, was like try out this game. I was like what do you do? He said I am trying to land this rocket on the Mun. And that is what we did back then we both played to see if we could get off the planet first and land on the Mun.

I come back now and again and play KSP. I usually mess around in Sandbox. I have not tried career much. I guess career gives that old feeling of struggle when game first came out.

I remember being super excited about building a rocket and it going up. I was like I am in orbit, but realized after, that going into orbit is not about going straight up.

Chatterer is like the first mod I always add. Then I look to see how EVE is doing, I only use it for clouds. I don't use Scatterer, since I don't like losing FPS. Docking Port Alignment Indicator is a must for me, I have a hell of a time docking without it and it makes it messy. DPAI once I learned it, is a very nice tool. I can set up a nice dock from far away and drift right in for perfect lineup. Alarm Clock is nice, I am very surprised some of its feature are not in game now.

RasterProp, I use to use, but I stopped since a lot of IVA were not done. Back in early days of that mod, I did a few if not most of the IVAs. It was a pain in the butt.

Yeah I am really surprised clouds and atmospheres of some planets and moons are not done stock. They did good job redoing the textures. Maybe they are going to do that after all textures are done.

KER, I don't know if I need to remove it or not. Seems like vanilla game has so read outs. We will see.

CKAN makes it so much easier these days, compared to the very early days.

GKAyKGB.jpg

peZ8IfU.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.