[1.12.x] Click Through Blocker - NEW DEPENDENCY

linuxgurugamer

On 2/5/2021 at 2:20 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Hopefully you are using CKAN.

You don't need to install this mod unless/until there is a mod which requires it (ie:  most of my non-part mods, and some other authors are using it as well).  CKAN will automatically install the right version for you

Seems I succeeded to uncover where the bug is.

I removed all mods and started installing them once more in batches. Down the list I singled out Crew R&&R to be the one that creates the challenges I experience.

With everything installed I have no issues when not adding Crew R&&R but as soon as it is part of my setup, I experience the delays as previously described. I am not technical enough to single out if it is a bug directly between KSP and the mod Crew R&&R... or if it is Crew R&&R in relation with some other mod.

Just as an FYI, this picture  show where I experience the bug. I create a career start and go straight into VAB, right click the MK1 to get the menu up and then try to click the "ligths on" button several times in a row. There is a very disturbing delay... or something that forces the button to respond every now and then. I also see some lag related to the Kerbals in the background (the engineers walking around on the ground).

I will add this as a post in the Crew R&&R thread as well.

1 minute ago, EasyAce said:

Just as an FYI, this picture  show where I experience the bug. I create a career start and go straight into VAB, right click the MK1 to get the menu up and then try to click the "ligths on" button several times in a row. There is a very disturbing delay.

Probably nullrefs.  Please provide a log file in your post on the Crew R&R thread

• 1 month later...

Hello @linuxgurugamer!

Happy to see you are such a good "parent" to so many wonderful mods from years past that older players like me miss and like to use!

Recently returned to KSP and installed a few mods. I did use CTB back in 1.10, I believe and remember I never encountered any issues. On 1.11.1 though, CTB causes some of the buttons to become non-responsive - in VAB, in the SPH, etc. Cannot click Launch and Save, Load a vessel works only sometimes after angry clicking. The Parts, Action groups, Inventory, Crew buttons work though. The issue seems to "spread" from the SPH and VAB and if I manage to exit them back to the KSC scene, Loading or Saving popup menu buttons also become non-responsive.

Clicking any of the aforementioned non-responsive UI elements results in an immediate nullref, as seen in the screenshot below.

Here's a list of mods, as output by CKAN(after my issues started I switched from my preferred manual method of mod installs to CKAN, just to confirm I am not installing an old version of some mod or a dependency by chance).:

KSP: 1.11.1.3066 Windows 64bit

Problem: As described above

Mods installed:

AntennaSleep (AntennaSleep 1.1)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
BetterCrewAssignment (BetterCrewAssignment 1.4.1)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.6.0)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.99)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.15)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.4.2)
Docking Cam (DockingCamKURS 1.3.8.1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Stock Planet Config files (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR 2:EVE-1.2.2-1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 3:1.11.2.1)
Kabrams Sun Flare Orange Medium (KabramsSunFlaresPack-Orange-Medium 001)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.13.0.0)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.8.3)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.11.0)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8.2)
scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0723)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0723)
Stock Waterfall Effects (StockWaterfallEffects 0.2.0)
TAC Life Support (TACLS) (TACLS 1:V0.17.0.0)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v4.3.1)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.10.0.0)
Waterfall Core (Waterfall 0.6.0)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

Reproduction steps:

Switch scene from KSC to VAB/SPH. Attempt to Launch/Save/Load. Result:

https://imgur.com/a/S5GyCTQ

And nothing happens.

Logs:

https://bg3.biz/s/7FyF84XNiRrCXtm - mmpatch.log

https://bg3.biz/s/7FyF84XNiRrCXtm - modulemanager.log

https://bg3.biz/s/fESSAs3wtyzX77Q - Player.log

Edited by smunisto

19 hours ago, smunisto said:

Happy to see you are such a good "parent" to so many wonderful mods from years past that older players like me miss and like to use!

Recently returned to KSP and installed a few mods. I did use CTB back in 1.10, I believe and remember I never encountered any issues. On 1.11.1 though, CTB causes some of the buttons to become non-responsive - in VAB, in the SPH, etc. Cannot click Launch and Save, Load a vessel works only sometimes after angry clicking. The Parts, Action groups, Inventory, Crew buttons work though. The issue seems to "spread" from the SPH and VAB and if I manage to exit them back to the KSC scene, Loading or Saving popup menu buttons also become non-responsive.

Clicking any of the aforementioned non-responsive UI elements results in an immediate nullref, as seen in the screenshot below.

I doubt it is CTB causing a problem , it's working in literally tens of thousands of installs.

First,  since you used CKAN, please export the mods as a modpack and get that to me.  Would also help to get a copy of your entire save directory.

Now, when I looked at the log, the first thing I saw when you entered the editor is this:

Uploading Crash Report
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Tac.LifeSupportController.OnDestroy () [0x0000b] in <ef5fd42fc92c4fb08b233885c39f089f>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I also see a number of errors related to StageRecovery, try removing that.  TAC LS has numerous errors in the log while in the editor, I don't see a single error/nullref from CTB.

This happens quite often:

at Tac.EditorController.Save (ConfigNode globalNode) [0x00000] in <ef5fd42fc92c4fb08b233885c39f089f>:0 
  at Tac.TacLifeSupport.OnSave (ConfigNode gameNode) [0x0003e] in <ef5fd42fc92c4fb08b233885c39f089f>:0 
  at ScenarioModule.Save (ConfigNode node) [0x000a6] in <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0 
  at ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (ScenarioModule module) [0x0003c] in <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0 
  at ScenarioRunner.UpdateModules () [0x00055] in <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0 
  at ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules () [0x00005] in <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0 
  at Game.Updated (GameScenes startSceneOverride) [0x000a7] in <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0 
  at GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode, GameScenes startScene) [0x00045] in <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0 
  at FlightDriver.StartWithNewLaunch (System.String fullFilePath, System.String missionFlagURL, System.String launchSiteName, VesselCrewManifest manifest) [0x0002a] in <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0 
  at EditorLogic.<goForLaunch>b__312_0 () [0x0001d] in <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0 
  at CallbackUtil+<DelayedCallback>d__1.MoveNext () [0x0007c] in <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0 
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Also, the log file seems to be truncated.  

I did a clean uninstall and reinstall of all mods dependent on CTB and Toolbar controller and the issue seems to have disappeared. I suspect it might have been something leftover from StageRecovery, as it turns out - I did not install it via CKAN at the time of report and whatever was leftover probably caused the issue.

Regarding TACLS - I doubt it was involved, as without CTB it did work fine.

Thank you for your time, I think it was all solved!

4 hours ago, smunisto said:

I suspect it might have been something leftover from StageRecovery, as it turns out - I did not install it via CKAN at the time of report and whatever was leftover probably caused the issue.

Ah.  Yes, that version had some issues 

Reporting an apparent bug with his mod here, because I'm not sure where else to do so:

After losing the editor window in PreciseNode, I saw that reinstalling PN would fix this. PN mentions having a new dependency to CTB, so I installed CTB as well, saw CTB mentioned dependencies, so I installed CKAN to do the work for me.

Loaded up my game to find that I had zero contracts active, zero completed, and zero available (and, consequently, career mode now unplayable). 

Decided that it was probably a save incompatibility and so I started a new career game... only to find no contracts available, nor any strategies available in the admin building.

I began taking steps back, and contracts re-appeared in career mode games immediately after I deleted 000_ClickThroughBlocker.

Let me know what information I can supply, I'm done playing KSP for a while as while new contracts and whatnot appear, all of the accepted contracts in my saves have been deleted, and so I am back to square 1 on my career run and that's demoralizing enough that I'm taking a break from KSP.

10 minutes ago, qoonpooka said:

Reporting an apparent bug with his mod here, because I'm not sure where else to do so:

Welcome to the forums.

For what you can do to provide information, read the last line in the message previous to yours.

Edited by Tacombel

2 hours ago, qoonpooka said:

After losing the editor window in PreciseNode, I saw that reinstalling PN would fix this. PN mentions having a new dependency to CTB, so I installed CTB as well, saw CTB mentioned dependencies, so I installed CKAN to do the work for me.

Loaded up my game to find that I had zero contracts active, zero completed, and zero available (and, consequently, career mode now unplayable). 

Decided that it was probably a save incompatibility and so I started a new career game... only to find no contracts available, nor any strategies available in the admin building.

I began taking steps back, and contracts re-appeared in career mode games immediately after I deleted 000_ClickThroughBlocker.

Let me know what information I can supply, I'm done playing KSP for a while as while new contracts and whatnot appear, all of the accepted contracts in my saves have been deleted, and so I am back to square 1 on my career run and that's demoralizing enough that I'm taking a break from KSP.

Sounds like you have a mix of both manual and CKAN installed mods.  Not really a great idea unless you really know what you are doing.

Might be better to create a new install, using CKAN to install all the mods.

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Sounds like you have a mix of both manual and CKAN installed mods.  Not really a great idea unless you really know what you are doing.

Might be better to create a new install, using CKAN to install all the mods.

Could be. I'll try that and let you know how I get on.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

And if you still have problems, then please supply a log file

Going full reinstall and using CKAN from the get-go seems to have resolved the main issue. The saves still had their missions-in-progress wiped, but they're playable again.

I do notice that CKAN doesn't have PreciseNode listed on the 'compatible' list, so it seems likely that your theory of 'some manual, some auto-installed' holds. I'll update the support thread as well.  I noticed also that the pop-up window for CTB showed up this time, as well. It hadn't before.

1 hour ago, qoonpooka said:

I do notice that CKAN doesn't have PreciseNode listed on the 'compatible' list, so it seems likely that your theory of 'some manual, some auto-installed' holds.

Au contraire, if you set CKAN to accept compatibility with KSP 1.10, Precise Node appears on the list and you can continue with CKAN only installation.  Most mods that are compatible with 1.10 are also good for 1.11.

You change the compatibility range in CKAN > Settings > Compatible game versions.  Be careful how far back you go and remember to backup your saves before undertaking risk.

• 3 months later...
On 6/15/2021 at 5:12 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.10.16

• Fixed issue on 1.11 where a uncontrolled ship would be controllable when changing scenes to it

I ASSumed that was a core KSP 1.11 issue. Nice find. :rep:

BTW Could CTB block the scroll wheel? Specifically when scrolling on KAC (with enough alarms for a scroll bar) it also zooms the camera in/ out simultaneously. When you have nothing better to do... probably never.

11 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

I ASSumed that was a core KSP 1.11 issue. Nice find. :rep:

BTW Could CTB block the scroll wheel? Specifically when scrolling on KAC (with enough alarms for a scroll bar) it also zooms the camera in/ out simultaneously. When you have nothing better to do... probably never.

Nope.  Especially for a mod which doesn't use CTB.  KAC does not use it, so nothing I can do

Something bad happened. Everything was working fine yesterday but after I opened CKAN and applied some updates Spectra clouds disappeared. And after several HOURS of messing with old and new versions of mods I just couldn't make it work again. I can't say for sure what exactly was changed but only one thing is certain: Spectra with Scatterer works fine until you add the ClickThroughBlocker. But if you don't install it other mods don't work. What I don't know is just how it all worked before with about ~10 graphical mods in total. No amount of reverting helped and now my KSP install is pretty much broken completely, CKAN tells some gibberish and I don't even know how to come back to the start of the problems. Nothing really works at all now. I'm desperate. Gonna have to reinstall all completely just to make it playable.

Please tell me I'm not insane and Spectra really don't work with either new Scatterer or ClickThroughBlocker or something else???
I'd posted some logs if I wasn't so exhausted and lost...

UPD
False alarm! I think... I reinstalled everything exclusively with CKAN and after adding my presets it works fine again as far as I can tell. Even though SSCEP reports as incompatible with Spectra. And Toolbar controller lies about some buttons but it is a lesser concern. So maybe it was some random thing in the end. But I sure want to backup my gamedata folder before any future updates...

UPD2

Looks like I've found the real culprit: If you set Quick Start skip menu delay to 0 seconds EVE can't kick in time to add the clouds. Going to menu and back fixes it.
Still don't understand why Distant object enhancement isn't listed in Toolbar Controler and shows up only in Blizzy's toolbar (which I don't use) and Planet Shine vice versa...

Edited by AbsoluteHuman
The problem fixed itself

4 hours ago, AbsoluteHuman said:

Looks like I've found the real culprit: If you set Quick Start skip menu delay to 0 seconds EVE can't kick in time to add the clouds. Going to menu and back fixes it.
Still don't understand why Distant object enhancement isn't listed in Toolbar Controler and shows up only in Blizzy's toolbar (which I don't use) and Planet Shine vice versa...

There is a reason for the default pause, guess you found it

I'm having an issue where when I try to revert a flight, the revert dialog box doesn't appear. The game pauses as if it's there, and will unpause if I hit ESC, but the menu itself doesn't appear. All other menus seem to be fine, though, so I'm not sure if it's this that's messing with it, or something else.

Edit: Now, after changing absolutely nothing but starting a new game, it's perfectly fine.

KSP: 1.12 (Win64) - Unity: 2019.4.18f1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.10.16
ToolbarControl - 0.1.9.4
ABCors - 0.5.1.2
AECS_Motion_Suppressor - 1.3.2.3
Antenna Helper - 1.0.7.2
BAM - 1.3.3.3
BetterTimeWarpContinued - 2.3.12.7
Community Category Kit - 5.2
Contract Configurator - 1.30.5
Contract Pack: Exploration Plus - 2.0.1
Contract Pack: Clever Sats - 1.4
Contract Pack: CommNet Relays - 2.1
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy - 1.1.10
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.7.2.5
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.5.2
DockingCamKURS - 1.3.8.1
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Redux - 1.11.3.1
GravityTurn - 1.8.1.8
KAS - 1.7.7516.37663
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.9
KerbalHealth - 1.5.5
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 4.1.15
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.28.7685.40880
AdvancedFlyByWire - 1.8.3.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.4.1.5
NavHud - 1.4.0.2
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.9.2.2
RealChute - 1.4.8.3
ReStock - 1.3.3
ReStockPlus - 1.3.3
TextureReplacer - 4.5.1
Trajectories - 2.4.1
TrimIndicator - 1.12
Waterfall - 0.6.5
WaterfallRestock - 0.2.2
Waypoint Manager - 2.8.3
BARISBridge - 1.10
BARIS - 1.10.1
WildBlueTools - 1.82.1
Kerbal Actuators - 1.8.3.1
Buffalo - 2.10.2
Classic Stock Resources - 1.2.2
Mark One Laboratory Extensions - 1.26
Pathfinder - 1.37
Snacks - 1.27.2
ZeroMiniAVC - 1.1.0.1

This seems to be the relevant portion of the log, but I can't tell what caused the problem from this.

Game Paused! 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[UIMasterController]: ShowUI 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[FlightGlobals]: Active Vessel is about to crash. Cannot save 

Uploading Crash Report
  at PauseMenu.drawStockRevertOptions (PopupDialog dialog, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] options) [0x0005e] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0 
  at PauseMenu.drawRevertOptions () [0x0006b] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0 
  at PauseMenu.<draw>b__25_1 () [0x000e6] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0 
  at DialogGUIButton.OptionSelected () [0x00000] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0 
  at DialogGUIButton.<Create>b__23_1 () [0x00000] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00010] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00022] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x0001c] in <2d96a890bfa54a0e8b00b1a5c3019a1a>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00009] in <2d96a890bfa54a0e8b00b1a5c3019a1a>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00007] in <2d96a890bfa54a0e8b00b1a5c3019a1a>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) [0x00063] in <2d96a890bfa54a0e8b00b1a5c3019a1a>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ReleaseMouse(PointerEventData, GameObject)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename: <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32> Line: 0)

Game Unpaused! 

Edited by FirroSeranel

On 6/28/2021 at 12:15 AM, FirroSeranel said:

I'm having an issue where when I try to revert a flight, the revert dialog box doesn't appear. The game pauses as if it's there, and will unpause if I hit ESC, but the menu itself doesn't appear. All other menus seem to be fine, though, so I'm not sure if it's this that's messing with it, or something else.

Edit: Now, after changing absolutely nothing but starting a new game, it's perfectly fine.

I'm curious where in the log it shows any problem with this mod.  

This mod doesn't touch any stock dialogs, whatever problem you are having, it's not this

18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm curious where in the log it shows any problem with this mod.  

This mod doesn't touch any stock dialogs, whatever problem you are having, it's not this

Yeah, it doesn't mention it. But it doesn't mention any other mods either. I just figured the two mods most likely to cause this, if any did, were the ones that alter how the UI functions at a basic level, assigning things to one toolbar vs. the other or, more likely in my mind, deciding what gets focus based on mouse movement. I'm not sure what caused it, or why it went away. It had persisted through multiple restarts of both game and system, and then suddenly, when I went to generate another log to compare, it just worked, and has worked ever since.

The only thing I can think of that might have changed is that in the cases where the revert menu didn't work, I had switched between focus on click and focus on mouse a few times, trying to discern the difference in behavior. When it worked again, I'd just left it alone.

Edit: Oh, also, when it didn't work, one time when I went back to KSC instead, I saw a little chunk of the revert window inside what should have been a "recover debris" tab on the landscape, which also made me suspicious. Oh, and I had also started a new game when it suddenly worked, just a fresh "default" sandbox.

*shrugs* Obviously not enough to even say that this caused the issue, let alone send you on a wild goose chase. No worries, and apologies for bugging you.

Edited by FirroSeranel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.