[1.12.x] Click Through Blocker - NEW DEPENDENCY

linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.7

• Fixed ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null when moving mouse over dropdown menu (in the ksp_toolbar).

This update will be needed for the next version of the Blizzy Toolbar

Is this intended to be a pre-release? At least AVC ignores a pre-release (if it is not explicite allowed in the .version file) and CKAN probably as well, that's why everyone in the toolbar thread is complaining about their toolbars disappearing on the latest release and apparently no one checked the CTB thread for an update ;)

@linuxgurugamer

Thx.

FYI. while the Blizzy update popped up on CKAN, this one has not.

SO quite a few ppl are going to be borked till they figure it out and or this update gets pushed to CKAN

1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

apparently no one checked the CTB thread for an update ;)

Not many ppl know that its a requirement. Since it auto downloads as a dependency.

4 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

It is mentioned the toolbar thread...red and bold...right above the reports about the disappearing toolbars. Maybe it's just me but I thought it might be worth to check the CTB thread before reporting any issues.

it is, and yet.

21 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Is this intended to be a pre-release? At least AVC ignores a pre-release (if it is not explicite allowed in the .version file) and CKAN probably as well, that's why everyone in the toolbar thread is complaining about their toolbars disappearing on the latest release and apparently no one checked the CTB thread for an update ;)

Working on it

My apologies, I didn't realize I hadn't marked it as a full release.

I'm forcing a rebuild of the netkan now, it should be fixed in a few minutes

It's done, and available in CKAN

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've just noticed that AVC says it is unsupported.  This is incorrect, the .version file is correct, seems to be a bug in AVC

Hm...CKAN just lists the version compiled for 1.4.5 so the version file also says it is for KSP 1.4.5

CTB isn't even listed anymore if you don't have 1.4 set to be a compatible KSP version.

9 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Hm...CKAN just lists the version compiled for 1.4.5 so the version file also says it is for KSP 1.4.5

CTB isn't even listed anymore if you don't have 1.4 set to be a compatible KSP version.

That's wrong, because the KSP_VERSION_MIN is supposed to override  the KSP_VERSION

I'll try to push a new release with the KSP_VERSION removed from the version file

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's wrong, because the KSP_VERSION_MIN is supposed to override  the KSP_VERSION

There is no KSP_VERSION_MIN in the 1.4.5 release (same applies for the 1.5.1 version):

{
  "NAME": "ClickThroughBlocker",
  "URL": "http://ksp.spacetux.net/avc/ClickThroughBlocker",
  "DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ClickThroughBlocker/releases",
  "GITHUB": {
    "USERNAME": "linuxgurugamer",
    "REPOSITORY": "ClickThroughBlocker"
  },
  "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 0,
    "MINOR": 1,
    "PATCH": 7,
    "BUILD": 0
  },
  "KSP_VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 4,
    "PATCH": 5
  }
}

So, when CKAN installs the 1.4.5 version, it will only be compatible for KSP 1.4.5.

It's going to be about 10 minutes or so before I can do that

I know what's going on. 

I put 3 versions onto github, and CKAN is reading the wrong one.

I'm changing it to go to Spacedock, where there is only one version.

same problem for the toolbar, I'll add it to Spacedock and change the netkan

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Ok.  I've added the toolbar to Spacedock, and changed both netkans to use the spacedock entry for the versioning.

This resolved the AVC problem (thanks @4x4cheesecake), once I purged the CKAN cache and reinstalled it.

Unfortunately, this means I have 28 other mods to fix.  This is what comes of trying to provide a version for the current and the 2 previous version of KSP

Bug Report.. Looks like that nullref is still present.

KSP: 1.6.1 Windows 64-bit

Problem: Getting NullReferenceException when moving mouse over dropdown menu (in the ksp_toolbar) in the VAB and SPH. The issue does not occur in the KSC or Flight scenes.

Mods installed:

ClickThroughBlocker -1.6.1-0.1.7

ToolbarControl-0.1.6.20.zip

Toolbar-1.6.1-1.7.18.zip

Reproduction steps:

1) Start KSP.

2) Create a new Game.

3) Enter the VAB or SPH.

4) Open Toolbar Control and change the button for Toolbar Control to be on the Blizzy Toolbar.

5) Click the little arrow to open the Blizzy Toolbar dropdown menu.

6) Mouse over said dropdown menu.

7) Observe massive black box appear in upper left of the screen, and NRE spam in logs.

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hc9y09j4u89n22/ClickThroughBlocker_NullRef.zip?dl=1

EDIT: Also this error seems to make it very difficult in certain circumstances to click the buttons on the dropdown menu, with some persistence and multiple attempts I can manage to click the buttons .. But it definitely doesn't want me to.

Edited by CoriW

21 hours ago, CoriW said:

Bug Report.. Looks like that nullref is still present.

KSP: 1.6.1 Windows 64-bit

Problem: Getting NullReferenceException when moving mouse over dropdown menu (in the ksp_toolbar) in the VAB and SPH. The issue does not occur in the KSC or Flight scenes.

Mods installed:

ClickThroughBlocker -1.6.1-0.1.7

ToolbarControl-0.1.6.20.zip

Toolbar-1.6.1-1.7.18.zip

Reproduction steps:

1) Start KSP.

2) Create a new Game.

3) Enter the VAB or SPH.

4) Open Toolbar Control and change the button for Toolbar Control to be on the Blizzy Toolbar.

5) Click the little arrow to open the Blizzy Toolbar dropdown menu.

6) Mouse over said dropdown menu.

7) Observe massive black box appear in upper left of the screen, and NRE spam in logs.

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hc9y09j4u89n22/ClickThroughBlocker_NullRef.zip?dl=1

EDIT: Also this error seems to make it very difficult in certain circumstances to click the buttons on the dropdown menu, with some persistence and multiple attempts I can manage to click the buttons .. But it definitely doesn't want me to.

Ok, so I confirmed it in the editor, but not in any other scenes.  Correct?

New release, 0.1.7.1

• Fixed ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null when moving mouse over dropdown menu (in the ksp_toolbar) when in the editor 
    • (previous fix was for all other scenes)
1 minute ago, CoriW said:

Correct, only in the VAB and SPH.

Just released a fix

• 2 months later...

I'm noticing that some clicks still fall through in PreciseNode.  Specifically, while in the map screen editing a node, if I click with the left mouse button too quickly, it thinks I am double-clicking behind the window and deactivates my target.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

@linuxgurugamer Looks like the latest version (0.1.7.2) is not available on spacedocks, so (I guess) the CKAN bot is no able to find it. At least, the latest version on CKAN is still 0.1.7.1, even though the bot already checked for an update.

Just uploaded it

New release, 0.1.7.2

• Added replacements for the following functions:
    • Unity GUI:
      • public static Rect ModalWindow (int id, Rect clientRect, UnityEngine.GUI.WindowFunction func, string text);
      • public static Rect ModalWindow (int id, Rect clientRect, UnityEngine.GUI.WindowFunction func, Texture image);
      • public static Rect ModalWindow (int id, Rect clientRect, UnityEngine.GUI.WindowFunction func, GUIContent content);
      • public static Rect ModalWindow (int id, Rect clientRect, UnityEngine.GUI.WindowFunction func, string text, GUIStyle style);
      • public static Rect ModalWindow (int id, Rect clientRect, UnityEngine.GUI.WindowFunction func, Texture image, GUIStyle style);
      • static Rect ModalWindow (int id, Rect clientRect, UnityEngine.GUI.WindowFunction func, GUIContent content, GUIStyle style);
    • Unity GuiLayout:
      • public static Rect Window (int id, Rect screenRect, UnityEngine.GUI.WindowFunction func, Texture image, GUIStyle style, params GUILayoutOption[] options);
      • public static Rect Window (int id, Rect screenRect, UnityEngine.GUI.WindowFunction func, GUIContent content, GUIStyle style, params GUILayoutOption[] options);
6 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

@linuxgurugamer Looks like the latest version (0.1.7.2) is not available on spacedocks, so (I guess) the CKAN bot is no able to find it. At least, the latest version on CKAN is still 0.1.7.1, even though the bot already checked for an update.

Version 0.1.7.2 was an accidental release.  I was waiting for confirmation of someone's testing, and hadn't received any confirmation, so was holding off, but when people started using it, I had to release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.