[1.12.x] Click Through Blocker - NEW DEPENDENCY

linuxgurugamer

I'm not a modder, but after 1.4.2 version i am having this exception:

[EXC 16:13:28.801] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ClickThroughBlocker, Version=0.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

Anybody knows if this is related to game or any mod break?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Leandro Basi said:

I'm not a modder, but after 1.4.2 version i am having this exception:

[EXC 16:13:28.801] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ClickThroughBlocker, Version=0.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

Anybody knows if this is related to game or any mod break?

Thanks

Yes, install this mod, or, if it's installed, update it to the latest.  All of my mods are being updated to require it's use

New release, 0.1.6.2:

• Added:

[assembly: KSPAssembly("ToolbarController", 1, 0)]
    to assemblyinfo to allow other mods to check the load order

On 4/8/2018 at 9:06 AM, Gargamel said:

LGG, I'm not sure if it's CTB that's the culprit, or this has always been like this.  

I have a series a contracts that require something to go to or happen at a variety of target vessels.  I am using Contract Configurator and some of the packs.   In map view, the target vessels has a slight diamond shaped colored icon over/around it, indicating it is the target.  It is very difficult to click the vessel, as the icon seems to block the mouse from seeing the vessel.  You can still click it by having the pointer just on the edge of it, as the vessel icon is slightly bigger than the target icon. 

If it is CTB doing this, if possible, adding something to allow that particular instance to be clicked through would be nice.  Even if you just add some sort of call that other mods can use to temporarily disable it.  It would be on the other mods to implement it, but seeing how CTB is becoming one of the back bone mods, it should be readily accepted. 

Not CBT, and until someone needs something like this, I'm not doing anything. Too many other mods still to update

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Mokmo said:

Quick mention on today's update, it's not the same folder name as in 0.1.6.3 i had. 
The 000_ was added... 

Literally right above you...

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.6.4

• Renamed install directory to avoid loading issues
    • No code changes

Bolding mine.

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.6.4

• Renamed install directory to avoid loading issues
    • No code changes

Installing this update on my (modded) KSP setup caused it to fail to load any parts other than struts and fuel lines; KSP.log is full of errors like this:

[LOG 21:43:53.497] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ASET/ALCOR_LanderCapsule/Part/ALCOR/ALCOR_LanderCapsule'
[ERR 21:43:53.502] PartCompiler: Cannot find Part of type 'PartTapIn'

[ERR 21:43:53.502] PartCompiler: Error parsing config

[ERR 21:43:53.502] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

This repeats for every part in my GameData.

Reverting to 0.1.6.3 cures the issue.

I haven't yet tried to diagnose whether it's a mod incompatibility issue.

The 0.1.6.4 update didn't cause parts to fail to load for me, but it doesn't seem to satisfy KSPAssemblyDependency metadata on other mods.  I have these lines in my log after updating:

[WRN 22:21:15.872] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CrewRandR' has not met dependency 'ClickThroughBlocker' V1.0.0
[WRN 22:21:15.872] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CrewRandR' is missing 1 dependencies
[WRN 22:21:15.872] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'QuickBrake' has not met dependency 'ClickThroughBlocker' V1.0.0
[WRN 22:21:15.872] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'QuickBrake' is missing 1 dependencies

And at least CrewRandR doesn't work.  (I didn't test QuickBrake.)

I know that I've installed the update correctly — I have these lines near the beginning of my log:

[LOG 22:21:15.815] Load(Assembly): 000_ClickThroughBlocker/MiniAVC
[LOG 22:21:15.815] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/wyzard/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/000_ClickThroughBlocker/MiniAVC.dll
[LOG 22:21:15.815] Load(Assembly): 000_ClickThroughBlocker/Plugins/ClickThroughBlocker
[LOG 22:21:15.815] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/wyzard/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/000_ClickThroughBlocker/Plugins/ClickThroughBlocker.dll

and the "Mod DLLs found:" section of the log includes the line:

ClickThroughBlocker v0.1.6.4 / v1.0.0.0

Downgrading to version 0.1.6.3 resolves the problem.  After downgrading, the above line instead says:

ClickThroughBlocker v0.1.6.3 / v1.0.0.0

Assuming those numbers are what KSPAssemblyDependency looks at, but it's not clear why the latter would satisfy the dependency when the former doesn't.

I deleted the old ClickThroughBlocker folder before installing the 0.1.6.4 update, and deleted the 000_ClickThroughBlocker folder before downgrading back to 0.1.6.3, so I'm not accidentally running multiple versions of CTB at the same time.  (I also tried running 0.1.6.4 with its directory renamed from "000_ClickThroughBlocker" to just "ClickThroughBlocker", but it didn't help.  And 0.1.6.3 works even with the "000_" prefix added to its folder name.)

In case it matters, I'm running the Steam 64-bit build of KSP on Linux.

Edit: I'm guessing it's caused by this change in AssemblyInfo.cs.  Accident?

Edited by Wyzard

Yeah, something's definitely not right... I loaded my Sandbox game and even the asteroids were deleted because their models couldn't be loaded. A quick search of the log file for "[ERR" returned over two thousand hits... log attached.

@linuxgurugamer for comparison, I simply deleted the 1.6.4 folder and reinstalled 1.6.3 from a fresh download, reverted my persistent.sfs to the last known good (with the asteroids intact) and reloaded; only 92 errors this time. downgrade log attached.

yeah, I just diagnosed this too. That's an interesting bug, however... Mainly, because I just didn't believed that ClickThroughBlocker would be the trigger - I insisted on searching everywhere else for some hours before realizing that the 1.6.4 update was the smoking gun.

If we manage to get a minimal setup where this happens (I'm running 116 add-ons right now, and I'm really afraid to apply combinatorial analysis on this!), I think that would be a good idea pursuing the root cause of this problem.

Not necessarily to fix this specific issue, but to know what to avoid in the future: I'm going to add ClickThroughBlocker in everything I have here. 

Ok, I've resolved the problem, but because of the issue, I'm releasing this as a beta:

https://jenkins.spacetux.net/job/A-F/job/ClickThroughBlocker/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/000_ClickThroughBlocker-0.1.6.5.zip

Please let me know if there are any issues.  I was able to replicate the problem, and this fixes it

If you install this, be sure to remove the old ClickThroughBlocker directory before starting the game!!!

Edited by linuxgurugamer

13 minutes ago, CaptKordite said:

I had been using 0.1.6.3. I deleted the old folder and loaded up 0.1.6.5. In the VAB, Kronal Vessel Viewer no longer showed an icon. I reverted back to 0.1.6.3 and KVV was back.

First, it would be nice if you posted a log file, otherwise there is no way anybody can diagnose your problem

Second, I just installed KVV using CKAN, and it showed up without a problem.  I do have version 0.1.6.5 installed.

So, please install it again, start the game, and when you get to the main menu, go into the VAB or the SPH and save the log file.  Then post a link to it here so I can see what's going on.

I've had several reports that this version works well, so I need to see your log file

Actually I got a few issues, lags in VAB I'm not used to.
Using 0.1.6.5.

I see this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ConstructGroupActionList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ConstructGroupList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ClearSelection (Boolean reconstruct) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ClickThroughFix.CBTMonitor.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Log and craft:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljz89wsjdktgch6/2018-05-26_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.