[1.12.x] Click Through Blocker - NEW DEPENDENCY

linuxgurugamer

On 11/10/2019 at 9:52 AM, Frankenshtine said:

Hello there! I Have a problem after KSP 1.8 upgrade: can't control vessel (by asdwqe keys), work anything else - staging, throttle, etc.

Well, I was able to fix problem by removing all mods, deleting all Gamedata folders and files (except Squad and SquadExpansion) and reinstall mods from my .ckan file :)

Unfortunately, this lead to not installed mods incompatible for 1.8.1 KSP. Some of them are to important, like Kerbal Alarm Clock.

Edited by Frankenshtine

3 hours ago, Frankenshtine said:

Unfortunately, this lead to not installed mods incompatible for 1.8.1 KSP. Some of them are to important, like Kerbal Alarm Clock.

At minimum KAC has a working version on the Spacedock download link ... my language sleeps already, but I think you get what I mean - just install it manually.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know where this suddenly is coming from - I guess another mod is triggering it.

A lot of

[EXC 19:06:37.557] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ConstructGroupActionList (System.Int32 overrideGroup) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ConstructActionList () (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ConstructLists (System.Boolean full) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ClearSelection (System.Boolean reconstruct) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
	ClickThroughFix.CBTMonitor.Update () (at <6380d15f0eb1416983ab13f4701cbec4>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

while building a new vessel in the VAB.

This does not only happen when going to the AG menu - it happens all the time.

Besides that the RAM usage after leaving the computer untouched with the half-built vessel loaded in the VAB for more than an hour increased to more than 17 GB - I was used to that it reached 13 GB after 4 hours of actively being in flight mode on mission the last weeks.

Full log and stuff:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gysmp5zj0yxaty5/player.log and stuff 2019-12-04-01.zip?dl=1

• 2 weeks later...

New release, 0.1.9.5

• Fixed subtle bug where the game scene was being changed due to clicking on a mod window, which prevented the variable counter: ClickThruBlocker.CTBWin.activeBlockerCnt  from being reset to 0
  • Added check for null EditorLogic.fetch in Update() method, was necessary in KSP 1.8.1 due to change in initialization methods/timings

@Kazvan: I had the same issue. I just deleted the MiniAVC-files and it started without a problem: MiniAVC.dll, MiniAVC.xml and for safe measures ClickThroughBlocker.version. Without these files the mod runs like a charm in version 0.1.9.5

I'm not a friend of AVC anyways and always delete that "junk" ;-) (not meant demeaning, just that it has no purpose for me since I don't use it anyway)

14 hours ago, caipi said:

@Kazvan: I had the same issue. I just deleted the MiniAVC-files and it started without a problem: MiniAVC.dll, MiniAVC.xml and for safe measures ClickThroughBlocker.version. Without these files the mod runs like a charm in version 0.1.9.5

I'm not a friend of AVC anyways and always delete that "junk" ;-) (not meant demeaning, just that it has no purpose for me since I don't use it anyway)

Thank you so much!
It worked like a charm.
I only removed MiniAVC.dll and MiniAVC.xml.

How did you realize it was the MiniAVC the source of the problem?

On 12/13/2019 at 4:26 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Fixed subtle bug where the game scene was being changed due to clicking on a mod window, which prevented the variable counter: ClickThruBlocker.CTBWin.activeBlockerCnt  from being reset to 0

By any chance, was that the reason why mousing over a few addon windows (Part Angle Display is one I can name off the top of my head) in the VAB caused a massive FPS drop without any errors in the log?

Just now, Fraktal said:

By any chance, was that the reason why mousing over a few addon windows (Part Angle Display is one I can name off the top of my head) in the VAB caused a massive FPS drop without any errors in the log?

Shouldn't have been that.  This mod is very lightweight.

17 hours ago, caipi said:

There is  a bug in certain releases of MiniAVC, recently fixed, only on 1.8.  For now, an easy fix is to install ZeroMiniAVC, which will delete the MiniAVC dll files, you really shouldn't delete the .version since it has identifying information about the mod in case it's needed

4 hours ago, Kazvan said:

How did you realize it was the MiniAVC the source of the problem?

I believe there was something in the log-file which hinted towards the MiniAVC. Besides, I only updated two mods at the time and my KSP was running fine before, so the pool of suspects was thankfully very small. I use way too many mods...

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

you really shouldn't delete the .version since it has identifying information about the mod in case it's needed

Yeah, I know. And they actually don't really waste any space on my disk. I think I have some sort of an OCD when it comes to files I feel are unnecessary :D I still have the .version-file in the original zip, which is inside a special directory. So if I need it, I know where I can find it.

Edited by caipi

5 minutes ago, caipi said:

Yeah, I know. And they actually don't really waste any space on my disk. I think I have some sort of an OCD when it comes to files I feel are unnecessary :D I still have the .version-file in the original zip, which is inside a special directory. So if I need it, I know where I can find it

You are asking for trouble.  WhT happens if you have upgrades, and all of a sudden you need to know which version is actually installed.

I cant count the number of times I’ve asked for info, only to have the user give me bad info because they didnt have the version file available

Trouble is my middle name! Sorry, couldn't resist.

If I need to know the version I just look it up in my Downloads/KSP1.8 folder ;-) Probably even faster than navigating to my F:\Games\KSP8\GameData\Mod-folder and checking the version file.

I don't use CKAN or any other automated updates though. When I update a mod and it works, I also erase the old zip-file in my KSP Download folder. You are absolutely right. Deleting these version files serves no beneficial purpose and will probably end in chaos. But come on, we're playing KSP here. We love it when stuff goes wrong, don't we? Huge explosions, crash landings/lithobraking, ... Why stop ingame? :]

23 minutes ago, caipi said:

Trouble is my middle name! Sorry, couldn't resist.

If I need to know the version I just look it up in my Downloads/KSP1.8 folder ;-) Probably even faster than navigating to my F:\Games\KSP8\GameData\Mod-folder and checking the version file.

I don't use CKAN or any other automated updates though. When I update a mod and it works, I also erase the old zip-file in my KSP Download folder. You are absolutely right. Deleting these version files serves no beneficial purpose and will probably end in chaos. But come on, we're playing KSP here. We love it when stuff goes wrong, don't we? Huge explosions, crash landings/lithobraking, ... Why stop ingame? :]

Because it takes me time to provide support, and getting the wrong information takes more time.  Eventually I run out of time

I too had problems on Linux, after the latest update using CPAN; KSP crashed early on in startup after repeated attempts to load MiniAVC for ClickThroughBlocker.

Happy to confirm removal fixed it:

rm /opt/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/GameData/000_ClickThroughBlocker/MiniAVC.*

Just curious if you know how come this version of MiniAVC caused a problem while that with DeployableBatteries hasn't?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/28/2019 at 10:03 PM, Vince_K said:

this mod crash the loading of my game.Windows, Ksp 1.8.1 with BG, MH and many mods. Sorry, no log... Yes, it's this mod, I remove all my mod one by one to find the trouble. this is the only hint I have. how can I help.YYY2L5p.png

First I suggest uploading your log. @linuxgurugamer I wanted to concur that I've been running into this as well. At first I thought it was scatterer but I whittled it down to click through blocker of all things. I'll upload a log this afternoon and link it here.

Success! ZeroMiniAVC does the trick. Wow, I wish I looked here sooner, I spent the better half of yesterday trying to fix my install :P

ClickThroubhBlocker/ToolbarControl/MemGraph:

Spoiler

gvZ97w4.png

Subsequent unity crash on boot:

Spoiler

DHIj2gn.png

ClickThroubhBlocker/ToolbarControl/MemGraph/ZeroMiniAVC:

Spoiler

DyObiKy.png

It works!

Spoiler

ru6iBYn.png

Now, time to stream :)

Log file for unity crash

Log file for ZeroMiniAVC fix

On 2/11/2020 at 6:18 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Success! ZeroMiniAVC does the trick. Wow, I wish I looked here sooner, I spent the better half of yesterday trying to fix my install :P

ClickThroubhBlocker/ToolbarControl/MemGraph:

Reveal hidden contents

gvZ97w4.png

Subsequent unity crash on boot:

Reveal hidden contents

DHIj2gn.png

ClickThroubhBlocker/ToolbarControl/MemGraph/ZeroMiniAVC:

Reveal hidden contents

DyObiKy.png

It works!

Reveal hidden contents

ru6iBYn.png

Now, time to stream :)

Log file for unity crash

Log file for ZeroMiniAVC fix

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.