[1.12.x] Click Through Blocker - NEW DEPENDENCY

linuxgurugamer

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

In that case, since you seem to be unwilling to help, kindly avoid the curse words and accept the fact that I am human, alone, unpaid, etc.  

And that occasionally things do get past me.

Both reported bugs seem to be a result of some missing files in my last commit.  What was puzzling was that my local compiles were working, but the released version was not.

I'm rebuilding it now, will test the release version before releasing

I'm sorry you find my humor offensive or that providing a bug report and log from a minimalist install isn't considered helping.  I have yet to play 1 minute since 1.10 dropped since I'm doing what I can hunting bugs and submitting PRs.   They just haven't been on your mods. Tripping over the CTB bug was icing on the cake while looking for a bug in an unrelated mod where I needed NodeHelper and got this as a dependency.

Unable to install the new version because of the dependency, so been running the old on KSP 1.10.

Discovered issue that goes away if remove click through blocker and the 2 depends.

Probably should test for this issue once getting around to 1.10:

The https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Mini-NUK-PD_Radioisotope_Thermoelectric_Generator

from Breaking Ground is not able to be placed while in the VAB to the SEQ-3 Cargo Storage Unit or the SEQ-9 Container Module. When trying to place the part into either storage container, the part "clicks through" and pastes behind the container.

All the other science parts under "Cargo" from Breaking Ground seems to work fine.

Thanks for all your mods!

Edited by fragtzack

The, "clear input locks" - I only recently ran into this problems around 1.8.x?  Is this a mod that is causing this?  Also, if this has been discussed before , can you please link it?   I do run a modded save and there are times that I am unable to lower gear, stage, etc. - was curious.

21 hours ago, fragtzack said:

Unable to install the new version because of the dependency, so been running the old on KSP 1.10.

I don't understand, what dependency are you referring to?  It requires the ToolbarController only.

Discovered issue that goes away if remove click through blocker and the 2 depends.

Probably should test for this issue once getting around to 1.10:

The https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Mini-NUK-PD_Radioisotope_Thermoelectric_Generator

from Breaking Ground is not able to be placed while in the VAB to the SEQ-3 Cargo Storage Unit or the SEQ-9 Container Module. When trying to place the part into either storage container, the part "clicks through" and pastes behind the container.

Can you be a bit more specific?  Is this  a problem in 1.8, 1.9 or 1.10, or what?

I'll try that tomorrow, but would appreciate clarification

I just tested this in 1.9 using the new version of ClickThroughBlocker, and it works without any problem.

Testing in 1.10 shows it also works fine.

So, I'll need a Player.log file,  as well as a video (if possible) showing the problem

Hi,

Was not able to install the new version of ClickThroughBlocker, because Toolbar Controller is dependency   and ToolbarController is only for 1.9 and below according to CKAN. Also, there appears to be 2 dependencies: ToolbarController and MiniAVC

Since you said it works with the ClickThroughBlocker on KSP 1.10, I went back to CKAN and allowed install 1.9 mods which re-installed MiniAVC+ToolbarController and this new version of ClickThroughBlocker.

Sure enough, works fine now. The bug is gone with that 1 Breaking Ground science part now. Thanks for checking on this.

Seems like there is a bug with CKAN not showing some modules as 1.10 when they should be 1.10.  If CKAN had allowed me to install this latest version "for 1.10" version, would not have encountered this odd bug.

8 hours ago, fragtzack said:

Seems like there is a bug with CKAN not showing some modules as 1.10 when they should be 1.10.  If CKAN had allowed me to install this latest version "for 1.10" version, would not have encountered this odd bug.

That's not a bug.  I haven't released an update for the ToolbarController since it doesn't need it.  Most mods for 1.8 & 1.9 will work on 1.10, and any of mine that have problems will be fixed as soon as I am made aware

I'm not sure I can attribute this to Clickthrough Blocker but its the only mod recently updated that I think causes this.

While in orbit I typically ESC and save my game.

When adding a space to the name in the dialog the rocket stages.

Nothing I do prevents that.  Not even Stage Lock.  Space in the save dialog always cause a Stage.

Can you double check that?

Id Like to help, but I cant find a player.log anywhere in the ksp directory or sub directories. How does it get generated?

Im totally one of those people who didnt know there was an input unlock function in alt f12 area. so thats freaking awesome! I was scratching my head about not being able to click on space center buildings so thats a very nice 'quick fix' Thanks for that!

Anyways, if i can figure out how to get you a player.log i can give you 2 of em, one with the click setting set, one with the mouse over setting set. If that would help ya?

21 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

Id Like to help, but I cant find a player.log anywhere in the ksp directory or sub directories. How does it get generated?

Im totally one of those people who didnt know there was an input unlock function in alt f12 area. so thats freaking awesome! I was scratching my head about not being able to click on space center buildings so thats a very nice 'quick fix' Thanks for that!

Anyways, if i can figure out how to get you a player.log i can give you 2 of em, one with the click setting set, one with the mouse over setting set. If that would help ya?

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjOhSRn-M-XfkgkfOtMwIVEIXGGD?e=TKVC9E

See if this helps. One thing I did notice, is when I started the save(always a new save) and it loaded the popup windows, when I moused over the popup windows(didnt matter which) the menu bar on the left vanished, when i pull my mouse out of the popup window area, the menu returns.

ohh..and thats where the output log is...lol.

13 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjOhSRn-M-XfkgkfOtMwIVEIXGGD?e=TKVC9E

See if this helps. One thing I did notice, is when I started the save(always a new save) and it loaded the popup windows, when I moused over the popup windows(didnt matter which) the menu bar on the left vanished, when i pull my mouse out of the popup window area, the menu returns.

ohh..and thats where the output log is...lol.

What is this for?  I don't see any earlier report from you

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What is this for?  I don't see any earlier report from you

Sorry, This is for the bug thats causing buildings not able to be clicked on when you select the mouse over option

I should have specified what I was trying to help with
Looks like @Tonka Crash reported it a few pages back

Also, I am aware this is a 1.9 mod and Im on 1.10, This is simply to help get it ready for 1.10. No extra mods installed, just CTB and its dependencies

Edited by Jesusthebird

22 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

Sorry, This is for the bug thats causing buildings not able to be clicked on when you select the mouse over option

I should have specified what I was trying to help with
Looks like @Tonka Crash reported it a few pages back

Also, I am aware this is a 1.9 mod and Im on 1.10, This is simply to help get it ready for 1.10. No extra mods installed, just CTB and its dependencies

Once you clear the input locks, does it happen again, or is it only after selecting the FocusFollowsMouse?

Also, if you change it in the stock settings, does it happen then?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Once you clear the input locks, does it happen again, or is it only after selecting the FocusFollowsMouse?

Also, if you change it in the stock settings, does it happen then?

with focus mouseover option selection, If I clear input locks, the problem seems to go away. Exiting to main menu and reopening the save, the space center menu on the left is there and I can click things.

reinstalling the mods fresh and selecting the focus follow click option, the left menu buttons and buildings are clickable, when I go to the mod settings and disable the focus follows mouse click setting(assuming that changes it to focus mouseover), I am unable to 'force' the bug to appear.

Edited by Jesusthebird

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm testing a fix right now, please stand by

I was able to replicate the bug on both 1.9 and 1.10.

It's fixed in my testing, but...

@Jesusthebird

Try this, please

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bklzukp5jfqu989/000_ClickThroughBlocker-0.1.10.7.zip?dl=0

doing fresh ckan installs of everything and manually updating CTB from your link(s), creating a new save and preforming some input functions, rinse repeat slightly differently.So far, Ive determined that this bug persists not only from clicking an option (focus click or focus mouse, but also closing the toolbar popup window.

-An interesting visual bug ive noticed, altf12 and clear the input lock, then drag your mouse back and forth between the game scene and the alt12 window, the left hand menu comes n goes. DebugToolbar with Bitmask 00101... lots of ones and zeros also flashes in the menu area

In both test builds this occurs,
- Selecting focus mouse FIRST - GOOD
- Click OK or hide on toolbar SECOND - BAD - ClearInput fixes and the above mentioned altf12 thing happens
-Selecting OK or Hide button on toolbar FIRST then select click or mouse option on CTB - GOOD, NO BUG. but the altf12 visual bug still occurs.
I've also notice that once you clear input locks, if you restart ksp, creating a new save the bug seems to goes away?; under that situation toolbar window does not pop up(if you clicked hide on startup) tho I haven't tested to length

Does it matter 'when' I copy the log? does ksp modify it in real-time? these were copied over when the bug doesn't occur
Player Log 1.10.7
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjOhSRn-M-Xfkg9PAtHZ_xwjxP10

Player Log 1.10.8

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjOhSRn-M-XfkhBHpkBYJ9BRtvUG

Edited by Jesusthebird

19 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

still doing some testing, right now what I am doing is doing fresh ckan installs of everything and manually updating CTB from your link, creating a new save and preforming some input functions, rinse repeat slightly differently.So far, Ive determined that this bug persists not only from literally clicking an option (focus click or focus mouse, Also closing the toolbar popup window:o. I cant believe I didn't see this sooner.

An interesting visual bug I also noticed, altf12 and clear the input lock, then drag your mouse back and forth between the game scene and the alt12 window. and the left hand menu comes n goes. my gut says this may be related.

It's there even with the updated version?  Strange, I'll work on it some more tomorrow.  It's definitely related to the input locks.

Here is another build, with a different solution:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/crch6ql511jkxjj/000_ClickThroughBlocker-0.1.10.8.zip?dl=0

I'd rather use the first, but if it doesn't, then this one will work because it's not using the Clickthroughblocker for it's own window.

I'll come back in the morning, it's 1 am for me now

@linuxgurugamer I recently started seeing this same issue in the last few posts, but on a a dev install of 1.9.1 I have been running since 1.9.1 dropped.
It only happens sporadically... I thought it was only when I deleted my default save folder, and started a new save for the first time.
I only connected the issue with CTB yesterday, and coming to the thread this AM, lo n behold....

Pretty sure it coincided with updating CTB last week to 1.10.6.

I just tried to reproduce it, to get specifics, and player.logs, but now I cant seem to reproduce it :face_palm:
I will do moar testing, with 1.10.6, instead of that 1.10.8 you posted, to maybe get moar of a handle on the cause? vOv

While poking into this, I did however find something that looked odd to my untrained eye.
In the CTB Popupshown.cfg, I see this. Is this normal?

popupshown = truepopupshown = truepopupshown = truepopupshown = truepopupshown = truepopupshown = truepopupshown = true

Also, being on a dev install, I *do* quite often check major mods for updated versions, if I think that mod may be relevant to something I am doing, else I rely on KSP-AVC to notify me.
I'm assuming KSP-AVC doesnt pick up beta versions you release?
what would be the best way to stay abreast of these? espec. on CTB, TB, and a couple others, which I use in EVERY install?

I guess I could start watching them on Github? vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

Just now, Stone Blue said:

@linuxgurugamer I recently started seeing this same issue in the last few posts, but on a a dev install of 1.9.1 I have been running since 1.9.1 dropped.
It only happens sporadically... I thought it was only when I deleted my default save folder, and started a new save for the first time.
I only connected the issue with CTB yesterday, and coming to the thread this AM, lo n behold....

Pretty sure it coincided with updating CTB last week to 1.10.6.

I just tried to reproduce it, to get specifics, and player.logs, but now I cant seem to reproduce it :face_palm:
I will do moar testing, with 1.10.6, instead of that 1.10.8 you posted, to maybe get moar of a handle on the cause? vOv

While poking into this, I did however find something that looked odd to my untrained eye.
In the CTB Popupshown.cfg, I see this. Is this normal?

popupshown = truepopupshown = truepopupshown = truepopupshown = truepopupshown = truepopupshown = truepopupshown = true

Most definitely not, thank you.   Isn't hurting anything, but I'll get it fixed.

3 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

I was able to reproduce the bug here, using 0.1.10.6

I have two beta's out, 0.1.10.7 & 0.1.10.8.  In my local testing, both fix the bug, each in a different manner.  Could you test with each, please

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bklzukp5jfqu989/000_ClickThroughBlocker-0.1.10.7.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/crch6ql511jkxjj/000_ClickThroughBlocker-0.1.10.8.zip?dl=0

5 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Also, being on a dev install, I *do* quite often check major mods for updated versions, if I think that mod may be relevant to something I am doing, else I rely on KSP-AVC to notify me.
I'm assuming KSP-AVC doesnt pick up beta versions you release?
what would be the best way to stay abreast of these? espec. on CTB, TB, and a couple others, which I use in EVERY install?

I guess I could start watching them on Github? vOv

Ummm, I usually only post in the mod thread.  And KSP-AVC usually won't be updated for a beta.  github won't work either, I rarely post betas there.  Best would be to keep an eye on the thread

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have two beta's out, 0.1.10.7 & 0.1.10.8.  In my local testing, both fix the bug, each in a different manner.  Could you test with each, please

Do you want them tested for 1.9.1, or 1.10.0? ... or?... both vOv
Also, the question about the best way to get notified of your beta releases?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.