Jump to content

[1.9.x, 1.10.x] Click Through Blocker - NEW DEPENDENCY


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's a warning, can be ignored.

 

First, you have a number of MiniAVC.dll files, they are broken.

You can fix that by installing ZeroMiniAVC, which will remove them.

If it's still an issue, try removing MagicSmokeIndustries aka Infernal Robotics

 

Firstly, I didn't know AVC had gone up down the poo pipe. Secondly, I didn't realise how much of a pain in the cheeks it is to get rid of.

As you suggested, I installed Zero MiniAVC, which didn't help. Just to make sure, I manually searched for any miniAVC dlls in my game data folder and deleted any that turned up - of which there were a handful. Still no change. Bugger!

So I tried your second suggestion - deleting Infernal Robotics - also to no avail. Long story short, unless I'm a complete derp, neither, AVC or Infernal Robotics is the cause of my problem. I've uploaded a new log for you viewing pleasure :sticktongue:  

x

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rextable said:

Firstly, I didn't know AVC had gone up down the poo pipe. Secondly, I didn't realise how much of a pain in the cheeks it is to get rid of.

Wasn't criticizing, and yes, it is a pain.

5 hours ago, rextable said:

As you suggested, I installed Zero MiniAVC, which didn't help. Just to make sure, I manually searched for any miniAVC dlls in my game data folder and deleted any that turned up - of which there were a handful. Still no change. Bugger!

Odd that ZeroMiniAVC didn't find them.  You _did_ start the game one time after installing it, didn't you?

 

5 hours ago, rextable said:

So I tried your second suggestion - deleting Infernal Robotics - also to no avail. Long story short, unless I'm a complete derp, neither, AVC or Infernal Robotics is the cause of my problem. I've uploaded a new log for you viewing pleasure :sticktongue:  

Will review this 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rextable said:

Firstly, I didn't know AVC had gone up down the poo pipe. Secondly, I didn't realise how much of a pain in the cheeks it is to get rid of.

As you suggested, I installed Zero MiniAVC, which didn't help. Just to make sure, I manually searched for any miniAVC dlls in my game data folder and deleted any that turned up - of which there were a handful. Still no change. Bugger!

So I tried your second suggestion - deleting Infernal Robotics - also to no avail. Long story short, unless I'm a complete derp, neither, AVC or Infernal Robotics is the cause of my problem. I've uploaded a new log for you viewing pleasure :sticktongue:  

x

First problem is EVE,  you seem to be running an unknown version.  I see this in your log:

_BuildManager v1.11.1.

yet the latest installed via CKAN is:

_BuildManager v1.10.1.2

and both are broken.  

I see a whole bunch of these:

 caught a ReflectionTypeLoadException. Those DLL are not built for this KSP version:

but when I install Mechjeb and a number of those in my test install, I don't get it at all.

So I'm not sure where your problem is.  ClickThroughBlocker is the right version, something else is your problem, which is making it look like it's CTB.

Best I can suggest is to make a new install of 1.10.11, install CTB, ToolbarController & Mechjeb and see how it goes.  If you get an error with this, then I'll need the entire GameData folder of the new install.  If it works, then add a few mods at a time until it breaks

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First problem is EVE,  you seem to be running an unknown version.  I see this in your log:

_BuildManager v1.11.1.

yet the latest installed via CKAN is:

_BuildManager v1.10.1.2

and both are broken.  

I see a whole bunch of these:

 caught a ReflectionTypeLoadException. Those DLL are not built for this KSP version:

but when I install Mechjeb and a number of those in my test install, I don't get it at all.

So I'm not sure where your problem is.  ClickThroughBlocker is the right version, something else is your problem, which is making it look like it's CTB.

Best I can suggest is to make a new install of 1.10.11, install CTB, ToolbarController & Mechjeb and see how it goes.  If you get an error with this, then I'll need the entire GameData folder of the new install.  If it works, then add a few mods at a time until it breaks

Isn't EVE 1.11.1 blackrack's performance-enhanced build?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RyanRising said:

Isn't EVE 1.11.1 blackrack's performance-enhanced build?

I don't know, maybe it is.

Regardless, both versions shows the same error, so that can be ignored, I was just pointing out what I saw.

Again, the current version of CTB works and is stable on 1.8-1.10.1, there are literally thousands of people who are using it without a problem.

Best I can suggest is to make a new install of 1.10.11, install CTB, ToolbarController & Mechjeb and see how it goes.  If you get an error with this, then I'll need the entire GameData folder of the new install.  If it works, then add a few mods at a time until it breaks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning :) 

So, I am indeed using the latest version of Scatterer and Blackrack's performance enhanced  build of EVE. I'm also using the latest version of Mechjeb. I've tried both the release and latest dev versions of Mechjeb and they both yield the same load exception. I also spotted ScanSat throwing exceptions and there might be others too. However, everything appears hunky-dory in game - I've been merrily ScanSatting and Mechjebbing here there and everywhere.  

Linuxgurugamer, you say you don't get these exceptions at all (for Mechjeb at least). If that's so then would it be reasonable to think that whatever's causing my problem with CTB might also be causing Mechjeb and heaven knows what else to get upset?

[sigh] I'll do as you suggest and do a fresh install before retesting.... everything..... [sob] ;.;

Will report back my findings asap.

x  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Off the wall question: Is click through blocker less functional on linux?  I seem to have a lot of variability in how and when it works and wondered if it is across all platforms, just linux, or even just my install.

Edited by darthgently
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, darkplasmaray said:

gamer I linked the thread, chill. It does break, because when I added that mod, it broke trajectories, and when I removed it, trajectories was working again.

Well, not on my end.

And my game is heavily modded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, darkplasmaray said:

gamer I linked the thread, chill. It does break, because when I added that mod, it broke trajectories, and when I removed it, trajectories was working again.

From what I've gathered, and I'm open to being better educated by someone with more knowledge, Click-through-blocker only works very well with mods that are coded to work through click-through-blocker.  Often altering the "focus follows click"/"focus follows mouse" can alleviate issues with mods that aren't specifically coded to work with click-through-blocker.  But for some mods, until the mod is recoded to work with CTB, there may not be a satisfactory solution for that specific mod, which leaves one having to choose between the mod in question, or CTB, or finding a work-around in how one uses the GUI

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, darkplasmaray said:

well perhaps it breaks it if you're not using any toolbar mods.

What do the contents of GameData\Trajectories\Plugin\PluginData\Trajectories\config.xml say?

Is there a

    <bool name="UseBlizzyToolbar">1</bool>

inside?

If yes, open that xml with Notepad and change the 1 to 0.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.10.12

  • Fixed inputlocks not being cleared when setting FocusFollowsMouse

Not really a bug report, but more of an FYI, the Focus Follows Click makes KIS/KAS EVA work really hard, but otherwise that mode is the sanest in my view.  Would there be a way to make on-screen blizzy or other button that toggled between focus follows mouse and ..click?  Better yet, make it context triggered.  I only have an issue on EVA and when juggling kOS terminal windows (it often takes 2 clicks to activate those windows and often takes two clicks to click out of them, but it is a lottery so I just end up clicking several times real fast for good measure.  Probably hard on the mouse

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, darthgently said:

Not really a bug report, but more of an FYI, the Focus Follows Click makes KIS/KAS EVA work really hard, but otherwise that mode is the sanest in my view.  Would there be a way to make on-screen blizzy or other button that toggled between focus follows mouse and ..click?  Better yet, make it context triggered.  I only have an issue on EVA and when juggling kOS terminal windows (it often takes 2 clicks to activate those windows and often takes two clicks to click out of them, but it is a lottery so I just end up clicking several times real fast for good measure.  Probably hard on the mouse

The FocusFollowsClick was done as the result of a request from the main KoS developer.  It's my understanding that KoS will soon start using CTB.

I'll  look into what you say about KIS/KAS, but would like input from other people about this.  There are several possible solutions that I can think of, on mobile right now, a bit hard to type

Link to post
Share on other sites

After updating my 1.81 long term game with a ckan offered update of Click Trough Blocker
(Version 0.1.10.12), how can i restore a stock toobar icon i stupdidly hide?

Reinstalling CTB and/or (affected) "KerboKatz' Automated Science Sampler" didnt help.
Either i found something in .sfs files, nor deleting "plugin data" helped, nor a (3 days old)
backup of gamedata folder..
It also dont show up in Toolbar Controller.

Any idea to get the KerboKatz Icon back?

Edited by Jansn67
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jansn67 said:

After updating my 1.81 long term game with a ckan offered update of Click Trough Blocker
(Version 0.1.10.12), how can i restore a stock toobar icon i stupdidly hide?

Reinstalling CTB and/or (affected) "KerboKatz' Automated Science Sampler" didnt help.
Either i found something in .sfs files, nor deleting "plugin data" helped, nor a (3 days old)
backup of gamedata folder..
It also dont show up in Toolbar Controller.

Any idea to get the KerboKatz Icon back?

Kerbokatz doesn’t use this.  You probably need to update/ reinstall Kerbokatz

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The FocusFollowsClick was done as the result of a request from the main KoS developer.  It's my understanding that KoS will soon start using CTB.

I'll  look into what you say about KIS/KAS, but would like input from other people about this.  There are several possible solutions that I can think of, on mobile right now, a bit hard to type

That works; let me know if you need any testing done.  Specifically, the issue with EVA is removing focus from an EVA kerb sends them drifting, so any interaction with PAWS must be done quickly and with a preplanned inertial path. As for kOS, I only brought it up as an example of how there may be a click-focus transfer issue requiring more than one click to change focus.  But it may be unique to my install or caused by other higher priority demands starving the gui, not kOS or CTB.  Now that I think of it, it may be my kOS script starving the gui of cycles

Edited by darthgently
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, darthgently said:

That works; let me know if you need any testing done.  Specifically, the issue with EVA is removing focus from an EVA kerb sends them drifting, so any interaction with PAWS must be done quickly and with a preplanned inertial path. As for kOS, I only brought it up as an example of how there may be a click-focus transfer issue requiring more than one click to change focus.  But it may be unique to my install or caused by other higher priority demands starving the gui, not kOS or CTB.  Now that I think of it, it may be my kOS script starving the gui of cycles

There is still a problem in the FocusFollowsMouse when a window has a close button.  I'll be working on this during my stream this evening, feel free to pop in and be part of the penguin galley 

Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 0.1.10.13

  • Fixed inputlocks not being cleared when canceling the window
  • Added mode toggle on new button to allow toggling between different modes during the game
  • Updated settings to make it clear if popup will be shown next time in the space center
  • Added code to disable the ShowPopup flag if the focusFollowsClick is changed in the settings
  • Thanks to github user @SteveBenz for this:
    • Make the configuration file not depend on Environment.CurrentDirectory and instead depend on the deployment location of the DLL
       
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the VAB, CTB allowing clicks to fall through the KIS Inventory Close button for me no matter if in 'mouse' or 'click' mode on linux, just another data point that in this case at least, it isn't just 'mouse' mode.  At least not via the new on screen toggle button 'mouse'/'click'. I'll try changing in settings and see if that behaves differently

 

[edited from PAW to KIS Inventory Close]

Edited by darthgently
from PAW to KIS Inventory Close
Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 0.1.10.14

  • Fixed performance issue in the editor when FocusFollowsMouse was active.  The following two problems were fixed:  
    • GetComponent was being called on every part
    • EditorActionGroups.Instance.ClearSelection was being called every time through Update()
  • Added global value for FocusFollowsClick or FocusFollowsMouse for all new saves

Available here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ClickThroughBlocker/releases/tag/0.1.10.14

Assuming no problems show up, I'll change this into a full release on Monday

My thanks to @m4v for mentioning the performance problem to me

 

This is now a full release 10/13/2020  Nothing changed, so you don't need to download anything else

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...