Hello!

dr.phibes

Hello to everyone out there. Been a player of KSP for quite a while, but just starting to venture further and thought this would be the place to visit for advice and inspiration. I'm old, semi-retired, take pictures, go to gigs, build models, and play with toy soldiers. However, most of my free time is taken up Puggy-sitting.

These things are always awkward...if you want to know anything - just ask.

2 hours ago, dr.phibes said:

if you want to know anything - just ask.

Why are all my socks wearing out at the same time? I bought different pairs years apart, and yet they all seem to be developing holes now. 

Meanwhile, welcome to the forum. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So sorry to have not replied until now, been a bit under the weather. Good news is that my Puggy-sitting duties have doubled! Eve, my daughter, saw someone advertising that she needed to re-home their 8-month old Pug because their two-year old had become allergic to dogs and cats. It wasn't near here, but Eve had been thinking Lola should have some company. After a 'meeting' it was decided a trial week would be a good idea...it took three days. If they hadn't gotten along I would have kept her myself.

Molly is such a well behaved dog, considering she has had no experience of other dogs other than on a lead, never been in the woods, or met a cat. This isn't exactly the "Blair Witch", but since it runs from my house I thought it would be a good start. There a another public footpath at the other end and a few people walk their dogs, and a few 'doggers' too. Met two older ladies with a two terriers and there was some growling and running about, but she was brilliant. Comes straight back when you shout to her and follows Lola most of the time. She is still a puppy and now has some new experiences.

That brings me to Molly never meeting a cat. We have six. They are used to Lola, but Molly just ran at one of them...a flash of claws from under the table and the introductions were over. Two weeks later and they are warming to her.

I hope this of some interest. D.x

Edited by dr.phibes
...spelling mistakes.

• 2 weeks later...

He is one of the great "horror" threesome...Cushing, Lee, and Price. Peter Cushing is my favourite. Too many Hammer movies growing-up made me a goth and the first 'boobies' I ever saw...Countess Dracula! I was with my grandparents, and 10yrs old, when the dashing Captain pulled open her corset. My grandmother almost fainted and stormed off saying, "I'm going to bed, this is just filth." A slammed door and silence. My grandfather looked me in the eye, nodded, and calmly added, "Don't worry, boy, i'll stay-up with you and watch the end." I just thought he wanted me to see the movie, but with later reflection he was just hoping for some more greasy action.

Hammer films were the best for 'real' horror. Amazing actors, gripping "pulp-like" stories, classic one-liners and quotes, and some of the most beautiful women I had ever seen. After forty years there is not many that can. Today, the horror-movie females are dreadful and uninspiring.

Dr. Phibes was maybe one of the best horror movies ever. Mr. Price didn't even have to articulate himself on screen! His gestures rule. My son grew-up watching the same stuff I did and when he was 11-12 he would stand at the top of the stairs and when my wife would ask him what he wanted for tea would clench his teeth, hold a fist to his throat, and say, "Ah, Gulnavia..." He couldn't do a 'v'...try it. Told you.

It's the same as you can say "Rolf Harris" is a Scooby-Doo voice just by reversing the first letter of both names...see. Don't ask how I learned that.

I've just realised how long I have been waffling on. Soz, Moz.

p.s., Heather, and I, love to wander around cemeteries - not for any morbid reason, but we appreciate the architecture and, before my strokes, I used to renovate and repair funerary art. Anyhoo, many of the opening scenes from Hammer films, and Dr. Phibes were recorded in Highgate cemetery. As members of the National Association of Cemeteries we get to go all the places the lower orders are not allowed. However, due to disrepair I was unable to pay my respects to Ms. Christina Rossetti while I was allowed to wander about. If this isn't teaching you to suck-eggs I thought you might like these pictures of the Egyptian Corridor...when I can work out how to add them.