PartModule Upgrades example (cost and some module)

Is any mod using stock PartModule Upgrades for upgrade part's cost AND some module (for example SAS

I've seen modders notes, but I need some real example to see how it looks like in the game

Edited by flart

I already figured out module upgrade, but still need example with cost and module upgrade.

What does ExclusiveWith__  stand for?

Spoiler

UPGRADE
{
  name__ = LVT-Turbopump-advR
  description__ = Thrust now 30kN.
  ExclusiveWith__ = thrust
  maxThrust = 30
}
UPGRADE
{
  name__ = LVT-GasGen-propSys
  description__ = Isp now 330/120.
  ExclusiveWith__ = isp
  atmosphereCurve
  {
    key = 0 330
    key = 1 120
    key = 1.5 0.001
  }
}

Edited by flart

ok, I see

UPGRADE nodes can now have ExclusiveWith__ = [some string]
This means you can chain upgrades. Only the last found upgrade of the given string is applied.

"last found upgrade" by the tech node columns or in the user's purchase order? And how competitive (ex. SASServiceLevel = 1 vs SASServiceLevel = 2) fields work without ExclusiveWith__ ?

Edited by flart

After some time, I have in the tech tree:

F7E1xPl.jpg

there "KAL9000 successfully ... " is the upgrade description from PARTUPGRADE { description = ... }
where I can put talkative kerbal-ish description, about all parts and modules corresponding to this  PARTUPGRADE {}.
also there is SAS-description, and cost-description (+200 cost) from  UPGRADE {description__ = ... }
     where I can put strings about SAS-update and cost-update. 
Better would be make it 2 different module-info in GUI: about SAS and about cost. Is it possible?

And it is in the VAB after first upgrade (out of 3)

9yjqPKl.jpg

It shows **Upgrades applied**, but 2 updates still isn't applied
It shows talkative description from PARTUPGRADE ("KAL9000 successfully ... ")  instead of more short one in the PartStatsUpgradeModule (+200 cost)
SAS works ok.

github

Edited by flart

Unfortunately I wouldn't say I have enough of a grasp of how the system works to describe all of that very accurately.  I'd recommend playing around with some highly distinguishable values to figure out what's going where.  If you can narrow down questions about what's going into what specific field, I might be able to help with some investigation, but there's really no definitive resource on how all of this works other than trying it out.

@JPLRepo

• first screenshot
    Spoiler

F7E1xPl.jpg

• Can I split the module info card in the left panel about SAS + Part Stat Upgrade (virtual upgrade part at tech tree) into 2 different cards: SAS and Part Stat Upgrade?
    • Can I change "Part Stat Upgrade" string to "Cost" ?

• Second Screenshot
    Spoiler

9yjqPKl.jpg

• I would like to see counter about upgrades: something like **Upgrade applied (1/3)** instead of the incomprehensible  **Upgrade applied**
    • How to make the first module info card about Part Stat Upgrade to show PartStatsUpgradeModule {  UPGRADE {description__ = ... }} instead of PARTUPGRADE { description = ...} or don't show  this module info?  showUpgradesInModuleInfo=false doesn't work
Edited by flart

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.