Ksp object crafting?

Katieop3

Moving to Add-on Discussions.

2 hours ago, Nich said:

Intersteller launch pads lets you take mined ore and special parts and build things I think.

I suspect you're thinking of this mod:

Extraplanetary Launchpads is a fun mod.  It adds a new resource to mine ("metal ore"), and various new parts that let you smelt it into metal, which you can then convert in a workshop (with kerbals) into "rocket parts", which can then be used to build spacecraft, either in orbit or on the surface of a planet.

To the original poster,

15 hours ago, Katieop3 said:

I was wondering if there was a mod where you could craft stuff

Depends what you mean by "craft stuff":

• If you mean "assemble parts one-by-one to modify existing ships":  you want Kerbal Inventory System
  • If you mean "construct and launch ships from a remote site, not just from KSC":  you want Extraplanetary Launchpads
  • If you mean "make my own custom parts":  you're out of luck, that's not a thing in KSP.  The only way to get new parts is basically to become a modder and actually design your own parts with external tools such as Blender and so forth.

14 hours ago, Katieop3 said:

I was wondering if there was a mod where you could craft stuff, Thanks in advance!

Well, technically you "craft" all your ships, and if you assemble large ships and stations by docking components in orbit, that could be considered "crafting", too.

However, if you mean making stuff out in the field, away from KSC, you can only do that with mods.  There are several basic options:

• Extraplanetary Launchpads (and its simpler derivatives like Simple Construction).  These allow you to mine 1 or more resources, run them through 1 or more processors to turn them ultimately into "rocket parts" (another resource, NOT the actual parts you have in the editor), and then use this resource to spawn a ship.  You have already designed the ship in the VAB, which is the "plan" used to spawn the ship wherever you have your construction facility established.  Then you also have to fuel it.
  • OES Workshop:  You mine 1 (or more) resources, refine them, and use them to spawn individual physical parts, the same as used in the VAB.  Then you use KAS/KIS to have Kerbals assemble the created parts into whatever assembly you want, provided it's not very big.  Or you can just use this to make replacement parts for a ship that's broken down (rough landing or due to a malfunction mod).
  • Ground Construction:  In this, you actually build the ship in the VAB but then break it down into kit form, put it in a box, and send the box elsewhere.  Upon arrival, you then just assemble the ship (and fuel it).

Be advised that the Extraplanetary Launchpads route is very, very time-consuming, even in its simpler versions.  You have to establish a large base (or multiple bases), move a lot of resources, and otherwise micromanage a bunch of stuff on the ground.  Doing this becomes the focus of your game, at the expense of flying around exploring the universe.  OES Workshop isn't such a time sink but is of fairly limited usefulness.  I haven't used Ground Construction but it appears to be most useful for delivering stuff cheaply to a place where fuel is readily available.

46 minutes ago, Snark said:

If you mean "make my own custom parts":  you're out of luck, that's not a thing in KSP.  The only way to get new parts is basically to become a modder and actually design your own parts with external tools such as Blender and so forth.

I mean technically there's procedural parts, but yeah you can't just make your own frankenstein part in game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.