[1.3.1] Stockalike Martian Moon Analogues

Beale

wow, don't know how I missed this great piece of @Beale goodness!!! Have resources been defined? The OP still says that's a "to do".

I think i'll work out a fun way to add these to GPP when they're ready. I'm totally picturing Niven as a possible parent.

Edited by Tyko

On 9/19/2018 at 12:19 PM, Tyko said:

wow, don't know how I missed this great piece of @Beale goodness!!! Have resources been defined? The OP still says that's a "to do".

I think i'll work out a fun way to add these to GPP when they're ready. I'm totally picturing Nevin as a possible parent.

Ore and all the drill-able CRP resources will appear on their own. That's how those work. For rare or custom resources or any resources in space around them, discreet configs will be needed. Niven is a very interesting choice for a parent in GPP. 

29 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Ore and all the drill-able CRP resources will appear on their own. That's how those work. For rare or custom resources or any resources in space around them, discreet configs will be needed. Niven is a very interesting choice for a parent in GPP. 

Got it...I'm only worried about stock resources, so thanks for that. Niven always seemed a bit sad out there by itself and visually it's ..kinda.. Mars-like.

If I do get it working I'll write it up as a config file and send it your way to include

@Beale, here's a patch that'll make your moon pack compatible with Galileo's Planet Pack. It places Hosbop and Modesi around planet Niven if GPP is installed. Hope this helps! 

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:AFTER[StockalikeSolarSystem]:NEEDS[GPP]
{
    @Body:HAS[#name[Modesi]]
    {
        @Orbit
        {
            @referenceBody = Niven
        }
    }
}

{
    @Body:HAS[#name[Hosbop]]
    {
        @Orbit
        {
            @referenceBody = Niven
        }
    }
}

@EndTraveler - you can use this same format to add the moons to another planet pack. Just replace "GPP" with the name of the planet mod you're using and replace "Niven" with the planet name. This doesn't change the moons' orbits at all. Depending on the planet you're placing them around you may need to tweak the orbits too. Let me know if you need help.

Edited by Tyko

On 9/18/2018 at 10:04 PM, EndTraveler said:

can i use this with alternis to give duna 2 subsatillites?

It would probably work if theye have the same internal name. Worth a try at least.

1 hour ago, Tyko said:

@Beale, here's a patch that'll make your moon pack compatible with Galileo's Planet Pack. It places Hosbop and Modesi around planet Niven if GPP is installed. Hope this helps! 

Reveal hidden contents

{
    @Body:HAS[#name[Modesi]]
    {
        @Orbit
        {
            @referenceBody = Niven
        }
    }
}

{
    @Body:HAS[#name[Hosbop]]
    {
        @Orbit
        {
            @referenceBody = Niven
        }
    }
}

Oh that's nice! Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Amazing Popsicle said:

Is this compatible with version 1.4.5? Because this  mod looks pretty good.

I'm using it in 1.4.5 without any issues. Seems to play nice with Kopernicus

Edited by Tyko

• 1 year later...

Hey man how can help on this is the project dead?

because i wanted to make this mod work on the more late versions and if anything is missing how can i help?

I am new to kopernicus and things like that but i would love to help.

Edited by trollpolado
Bad gramar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.