Mirror mode functions

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong spot. I'm having some trouble with mirror mode and I'm hoping someone can help me out. 

I'm making a small and really compact craft. It looks great and all was going well until the testing phase. Something on the inside is flopping around and causing explosions. However that's not the reason for my post. It's that normally mirror mode allows me to place landing gear on the bottom side of the right wing and mirror it to the exact same spot on the bottom side of the left wing. Unfortunately it's currently mirroring things in a really painful way on the craft. Using the previous example the landing gear is mirroring to the top side of the left wing. 

Did I hit the wrong red button to cause it to function this way? I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me how to change it back to normal. I've been taking apart and putting this craft back togetheragain for the last 3 hours trying to figure out what's not connected right on the inside and placing everything individually on each side and trying to eyeball it to make sure it matches is probably going to cause all new problems by the time I figure out what currently wrong.

Thanks for the help. =)

Moved from KSP Discussion.

I think the problem is the wing has some how gotten the idea, that it is in Radial symmetry.

You'll probably have to pull the wing off and reattach it in Mirror symmetry.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.