KSP merch? (Shut up and take my money)

Tokamak

I bought KSP back in beta. I honestly cannot even count the hours of enjoyment (and frustration) I have gotten out of it. Well more than the $30 or so I paid for it.

Also I like shirts and plastic tat to put on my shelves.

So... At the risk of complaining about the most first-world problem ever... Where is the merch? I'd like to support future development and whatnot by buying so.e stuff, but the game itself is literally the only thing in the KSP store.

Are there plans to give me an outlet for excess disposable income any time soon? Maybe through welovefine.com or even caffeepress or something?

Just now, Canopus said:

They had coffee mugs, mousepads, Kerbal figurines and i think there was even a time when you could 3D print your Rockets. Everything disappeared from the store roughly a year ago though. 

Any idea why? Also, shirts seem the obvious thing, and thier absence in particular seems odd.

4 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

Any idea why? Also, shirts seem the obvious thing, and thier absence in particular seems odd.

Maybe you will find more info in this thread. It seems that at least the Kerbal figures might come back.

Recurrent consumer spending opportunities are right up TakeTwo Interactive’s alley, so I would submit that you will be able to buy all manner of merch once they sort it out.  Check out what theyve got available for GTA to give you an idea (https://www.rockstarwarehouse.com/store/tk2rstar/en_US/home/ThemeID.38225800).   Mind you, GTA is infinitely more popular, so the offerings are quite robust.  Point being, this is definitely something the owners of KSP get into, so its just a matter of time. 

Likely reason why everything disappeared was because when T2 purchased Squad, it made all contracts with Squad's vendors invalid. So Squad/T2 are likely having to renegotiate with new businesses to make them. I would've expected this to be resolved by now, and if they don't have it resolved by the time the DLC is released then honestly I have little hope it will change any time soon. Course our favorite Squad PR person @Darth Badie may have something more hopeful to say (I've been out of the loop for a while so it's very possible I've missed something).

On 2/13/2018 at 10:48 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

Likely reason why everything disappeared was because when T2 purchased Squad, it made all contracts with Squad's vendors invalid. So Squad/T2 are likely having to renegotiate with new businesses to make them. I would've expected this to be resolved by now, and if they don't have it resolved by the time the DLC is released then honestly I have little hope it will change any time soon. Course our favorite Squad PR person @Darth Badie may have something more hopeful to say (I've been out of the loop for a while so it's very possible I've missed something).

Hey, we’re looking forward to relaunching the merchandising store, stay tuned! We will have news soon :wink:

<Yiddish accent>s/movie/game/g |< Spaceballs!Yorgurt!merch quote></Yiddish accent>

19 hours ago, Darth Badie said:

Hey, we’re looking forward to relaunching the merchandising store, stay tuned! We will have news soon :wink:

and there was much rejoicing

• 1 month later...

The Idea of broadcasting my love of KSP by literally wearing it on my sleeve only popped into my head last night, and one of the first things I did this morning was check out the KSP store for merch.  I was sadly disappointed.  So I searched further afield and found a bunch of T-shirts and hoodies. 

I'm not really a T-shirt guy so no interest there, but I do have an idea that I think would be totally killer.  

KSP mission patches and pins.  Think how cool having a Mun or Duna badge would be.  I'd do it myself if I had any artistic talent, but I'm sure there's people out there who would love to do the design work.  Still I would love to go around with a "Duna or Bust" or maybe a "To Jool and Back Again" badge pined to my jacket.

Just an idea I had last night.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 2:25 PM, rayceeya said:

KSP mission patches and pins.  Think how cool having a Mun or Duna badge would be

I frigging LOVE this idea. Heck, I'd just love a pin with Jeb on it, or the KSP rising-rocket logo.

However, it's been nearly a year now, and so I am not really holding out hope.

• 8 months later...
On 2/13/2018 at 9:13 PM, Gargamel said:

I would not be surprised to see concurrent releases.  Especially if some of the merch they are selling would be DLC themed.  

Well.....Guess I was wrong there....

Edited by Gargamel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.