SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

3 hours ago, godarklight said:

I should get inigma to sticky this - Anyone having problems registering PM me your username and I'll activate it ;)

EDIT: I mean change the original post, putting it in big letters :P

done.

2 hours ago, balika said:

Its good, but there are two problems with it:

• 1 Its slooooooooooooow (I know It will be fixed)
  • 2 You just copy-pasted  the Kerbalstuff. I expected a new site....

That's your first post to the forum? Welcome! I think. :)

We're working hard on the site. It's taken a dozen or so people and hundreds of man hours to get a working site up fast. We used the KerbalStuff engine - it was free, and familiar to us, and to the modding community. The fact that you recognized it is a testament to our success (hopefully). We will customize and expand later. More to come, so stay tuned!

Edited by inigma

First: Thank you for making KSP a better place. Curse is a nightmare that is best avoided.

I wouldn't bother you with this but I see no other alternative for support. I tried registering yesterday and have not yet received an email confirmation. Today I sent an email to [email protected] and received this error. I know you guys are busy and will get this sorted out soon enough.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain spacedock.info by s3n1.52k.de. [2a01:4f8:160:9023::2].

The error that the other server returned was:
530 Relaying not allowed

Edited by zKrieg

I accidentally created a "mod pack" (instead of a "mod") when I was uploading a mod. I hit the wrong button, and didn't notice until it created the empty pack. There's no "delete" button that I can find. Can I get someone to delete it on the back-end? Or give me DB access so I can delete the row(s)? ;)

4 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

I accidentally created a "mod pack" (instead of a "mod") when I was uploading a mod. I hit the wrong button, and didn't notice until it created the empty pack. There's no "delete" button that I can find. Can I get someone to delete it on the back-end? Or give me DB access so I can delete the row(s)? ;)

Wasn't that something not in the original Kstuff? I saw modpacks that said "please don't download" and "Admins please delete" and such, that is something that modmakers need!

Edited by Andem

25 minutes ago, Andem said:

Wasn't that something not in the original Kstuff? I saw modpacks that said "please don't download" and "Admins please delete" and such, that is something that modmakers need!

No it certainly is not, mod packs are a licensing and support nightmare.

11 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

There's mod packs now? So I could get all the MKS stuff in one go?

There are meta mod packs for a long time now, if you use ckan. I install my 70+ SETI meta mod pack with about 4 clicks using CKAN.

Just export the list of your currently CKAN installed mods in the "favorite" format.

Edited by Yemo

3 hours ago, balika said:

2 You just copy-pasted  the Kerbalstuff. I expected a new site....

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.  The guys here have done an EPIC job getting it back to running so quick (really glad we didn't place bets, 'cos I'da lost, I reckoned on end of the week!)

errr, sorry, I made a mod pack too, out of curiosity, can't delete it now.
Also I tried to upload a pic to profile page, but it didn't display (minor thing given everything else you've got going!)

There are sudden surges of slowness on the server. first i thought its backups (and it still might be) but honestly ive no idea as of now.
But ill figure it out.

p.s. cpu load is arround 3-4% and bandwidth use is 1% the entire time (fast or slow phases).

11 minutes ago, VITAS said:

There are sudden surges of slowness on the server. first i thought its backups (and it still might be) but honestly ive no idea as of now.
But ill figure it out.

p.s. cpu load is arround 3-4% and bandwidth use is 1% the entire time (fast or slow phases).

Very odd. Other ideas that spring to mind: timeouts talking to the database, or dropped network packets. Dunno, grasping at straws. If the CPU and network loads look good then I tend to want to look at disk activity, swap usage, and timeouts connecting to services, etc.

Edited by NecroBones

It's interesting. Two hours ago, the site wouldn't load. Just tried it and the whole thing loaded in 3 seconds according to my computer. My account is recognized, was able to check out my profile, edit, and log out just like it should.

So.....great job everybody, and keep up the good work. I'll see if I can scrub some funds for a couple of Pizza's. You deserve it.

EDIT: Still haven't got a e-mail notification (I use iCloud for e-mail) but since the website remembered me I'll consider a notification at this point as a moot issue. I'm good here.

Edited by GDJ

8 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Very odd. Other ideas that spring to mind: timeouts talking to the database, or dropped network packets. Dunno, grasping at straws. If the CPU and network loads look good then I tend to want to look at disk activity, swap usage, and timeouts connecting to services, etc.

EDIT: Also look at DNS resolution. If the software is trying to do reverse lookups on every IP that connects, that can be a source of slowness too. The forum software I run on one of my websites had that problem. Turned off DNS resolution on connecting IPs, problem went away.

yesterday i bumped up the timout to insane numbers to solve the upload timeout problem. i now reduced it back down a bit again. maybe that helps. after restarting the webserver everything is fine for a few minutes so my gist ist that the server is chocking to death on zombie connections.

2 hours ago, NecroBones said:

NecroBones can you submit a GitHub for this. I don't think we have one yet.

I'll update the OP guys to reflect that  [email protected]   is not receiving email.

2 minutes ago, VITAS said:

i made some server tweaks i hope this solves the slowness surges. pls report your page load times

Wow, huge improvement! I'm still seeing some individual mod pages take several seconds, but many others are popping up almost instantly.

This paragraph is from the original kerbalstuff code with just a search-and-replace on the name.  It was not written by the new devs for spacedock.  It sounds a bit contentious and might be softened a bit:

There have been a few poor modding sites for Kerbal Space Program in the past. SpaceDock aims to be different. We fix the problems with the old and make the new work great. Most of all, SpaceDock brings the Kerbal Space Program community back into the loop and puts the power in the modder's hands.