SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

5 minutes ago, VITAS said:

i made some server tweaks i hope this solves the slowness surges. pls report your page load times

2 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Wow, huge improvement! I'm still seeing some individual mod pages take several seconds, but many others are popping up almost instantly.

Of course, I said that, and then tried clicking on QuickScroll's thumbnail and it's just hung ever since. As I typed that, it completed, and took about a full minute or so.

3 minutes ago, Buster Charlie said:

Possible to do an svg version so it'll be resolution independent?  I could make one, just not sure if the website would support it.

I've got one just give me a few and I'll upload it somewhere. Here you go!

Edited by cpone555
Added SVG Link

41 minutes ago, VITAS said:

i made some server tweaks i hope this solves the slowness surges. pls report your page load times

WOW! Much faster! Front page popped right up 4 out of 5 times (5th time it hung)
http://spacedock.info/ - loaded in 1.2 to 1.6 seconds (then there was bit of a slow up and it took around 50 seconds, now it's back to being quick again)
http://spacedock.info/mod/79/BDArmory - loaded in 873ms
http://spacedock.info/mod/72/Sequencer%20for%20Infernal%20Robotics - loaded in 991ms 
tried a few other mod pages and all loaded in under a second.  If I clear my browser before each load, its about 2 seconds.  Nice going Vitas! 

edit - for urls with spaces like the sequencer above, any chance of prettifying the urls and replacing the space with a dash? 

Edited by katateochi

This community is amazing. Many others would just panic but this one keeps calm and tries to fix it almost immediately, and I love that. I know it's a bit early to start suggesting new features, but I feel it'd be nice to have a commenting system at some point on the website. Thank you so much for doing this for us!

4 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

If you rip off someone else's efforts, you might at least change the colors or something.

This is such an incredibly ignorant comment that I don't even know where to start picking it apart.

Kerbal Stuff was entirely free and open source, meaning that anyone was allowed to take the code and use it to make their own version. Additionally, SirCmpwn (the original creator of Kerbal Stuff) is helping the creators of Space Dock get it running. Space Dock is not "ripping off" Kerbal Stuff. It is Kerbal Stuff, basically, in everything but name.

Edited by GreenWolf

14 minutes ago, GreenWolf said:

This is such an incredibly ignorant comment that I don't even know where to start picking it apart.

Kerbal Stuff was entirely free and open source, meaning that anyone was allowed to take the code and use it to make their own version. Additionally, SirCmpwn (the original creator of Kerbal Stuff) is helping the creators of Space Dock get it running. Space Dock is not "ripping off" Kerbal Stuff. It is Kerbal Stuff, basically, in everything but name.

X2 on this.

Edited by GDJ

I made a concept for a CKAN overhaul to fit in with Spacedock, I made it in a few minutes.

k8k5qij.png The big white area can be where mods are listed, and text+colors same as Spacedock.

EDIT: Added some stuff, forgot search by author

q4lYJJ1.png

Edited by legoclone09

Im having trouble uploading my gemeni mod to spacedock, Can anyone tell me why it wont work? Ktolemy uploaded fine, But not gemeni?

40 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Also, the new colors and icons are being discussed.

Thats great! Perhaps black and blue would be a good set of colors?

2 hours ago, The L3mur said:

This community is amazing. Many others would just panic but this one keeps calm and tries to fix it almost immediately, and I love that. I know it's a bit early to start suggesting new features, but I feel it'd be nice to have a commenting system at some point on the website. Thank you so much for doing this for us!

Well, we did really freak out, argue "Spam" the forums, Run amok, but at least we came through! :)

4 hours ago, cpone555 said:

I've got one just give me a few and I'll upload it somewhere. Here you go!

That looks great, and I hate to be that guy, but the coupla window border corners aren't all the same.  The lower left one isn't sharp like the lower right one.  It looks amazing though, and it's great to have a new icon! :)

1 hour ago, legoclone09 said:

Redid my CKAN/spacedock concept with the logo @cpone555 did. Here's my new concept:

Looks good.... but..... a little constructive criticism:   The green color carried into the right hand block seems a bit TOO much, as that color DOES seem a bit hard on the eyes to me... ???

9 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Looks good.... but..... a little constructive criticism:   The green color carried into the right hand block seems a bit TOO much, as that color DOES seem a bit hard on the eyes to me... ???

While its not hard on my eyes, I can see where you're coming from. Maybe a light grey there would be better?

Amazing work nonetheless.

Edited by Dnaha

2 minutes ago, uglyduckling81 said:

I can't load spacedock.info

It seems to be down.

Same issue with me. I checked down for everyone or just me and it seems as if the site itself is down. Just give it some time. I bet they'll get it all sorted out soon.

3 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

That looks great, and I hate to be that guy, but the coupla window border corners aren't all the same.  The lower left one isn't sharp like the lower right one.  It looks amazing though, and it's great to have a new icon! :)

Weird when I made the SVG the corner looked fine.  FIXED!

Edited by cpone555
Fixed SVG