SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

mod names in urls are there to give users and search engines a way do termine the content. im adviaing against changing them. but there could be a forwarder as insite option so you dont have to change the url. but thats another can of fish.

12 hours ago, daniel l. said:

What about neing able to change the name? Modders might want to rename their mods without losing followers or download counts.

I think being able to rename mods is a good idea, if it is technically feasible.  :)

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

I would just like to thank the spacedock.info team for being so quick and making a website that works for mods again that is not curse. Not that I have anything against curse I just preferred Kerbalstuff over it. Thank you again for all your hard work and efforts for putting up the site and thank you to @SirCmpwn for all the time and money you put towards your site as well.

On 3/12/2016 at 6:08 PM, ill1176 said:

I would just like to thank the spacedock.info team for being so quick and making a website that works for mods again that is not curse. Not that I have anything against curse I just preferred Kerbalstuff over it. Thank you again for all your hard work and efforts for putting up the site and thank you to @SirCmpwn for all the time and money you put towards your site as well.

Thank you! Let us know if you need anything!

Hello I was with kerbalstuff for quite a while and it was sad to see it leave and I would like to say thank you for bringing this site back and thank you to SirCmpwn for bringing sites this to the community. When kerbalstuff was around it was my number one source of my mods and now this has taken that spot and I am very greatful for that. I will try to help when and where I can but being poor and about to have two new kids in my life means it may not be much :(.

I'm very happy with Space Dock, thank guys!

When I look at the stats, I see people still downloading a previous version of my mods. If I delete the previous version, those stats and changelog disappear. Is somehow a download lock possible?

51 minutes ago, Azimech said:

When I look at the stats, I see people still downloading a previous version of my mods. If I delete the previous version, those stats and changelog disappear. Is somehow a download lock possible?

Wait!...NO!!... Please dont have a lock put on old versions... Many people still play old versions of KSP.... Some people (me included) ALSO, do NOT jump on a new release of KSP right away... I sometimes want 2 or 3 months or more, just for the dust to settle and 90% of mods to get updated & debugged, before updating my KSP... Also, an example, I still have  0.25 & 0.90 installs for my son to play... Due to the soup-o-sphere, it's easier for him to fly :) , and many mods my son likes, never having been updated past 0.90...

Edited by Stone Blue

28 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Wait!...NO!!... Please dont have a lock put on old versions... Many people still play old versions of KSP.... Some people (me included) ALSO, do NOT jump on a new release of KSP right away... I sometimes want 2 or 3 months or more, just for the dust to settle and 90% of mods to get updated & debugged, before updating my KSP... Also, an example, I still have  0.25 & 0.90 installs for my son to play... Due to the soup-o-sphere, it's easier for him to fly :) , and many mods my son likes, never having been updated past 0.90...

Yes but from a mod developer point of view, it's no fun to get questions about stuff that isn't working because they installed the wrong version.

For example ... I updated my mod because two other mods changed their internal workings and although it works without them, if someone updates the other two but not mine, they get unexpected results. So maybe not a download lock but a warning they need to know what they're doing.

im against removing old mod verswions inc ase someone needs them (e.g. for older ksp versions).

but im all for a more streamlined support process.

would it help if you had some sort of ticket system coupled to a web form that answeres common stuff before sending it?

e.g. if you select an older ver of the mod from the dropdown it notifys you that no bugfixes will be made for that version and they should first update to the newest ver before requesting support.

we have a ticketsystem for email support running and it might be possible to make this availabel for interrested mod authors.

the ticket system is also able to execute custom jobs and has a knowlagebase that can be made public.

17 hours ago, Azimech said:

If you're talking about WW2Warships, part of the problem may be that you you went from version 0.41.1 to 0.5, and 0.5 is a smaller number than 41, so any CKAN users are still seeing 0.41.1 as the latest version. I can fix that for you now.

4 hours ago, Kerbal007 said:

Like Space Dock alot, works fine, just out of curiosity tho, is it possible that space dock can be coded to do the install as well ?

Forgive me for being Naive on the subject but something like a java based installer or similar ? that way you would not need ckan or, allowing the site permission to check your installed versions vs what you are following and advise if an update is available?

Just to be clear, you really like Spacedock, so you want the Spacedock team to divide their concentration from making Spacedock an excellent place for mod distribution and storage to expend it on duplicating the effort put in by the CKAN dev team and the AVC mod author? Perhaps you think both of those software development exercises are trivial, easily knocked off in an afternoon?