SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

9 minutes ago, VITAS said:

For now its stock Gogs on a fast server with backups and RAID. But i could add custom functions and SpaceDock integration if its actualy used by others than me.

As soon as I can, I will dump all of my github repos here. I most certainly would like spacedock integration. I took issue with spacedock in the past but seeing your tireless work you put into it, as a fellow web designer, I can't help but want to support this

Just now, VITAS said:

I thank you. Its basicly Thomas and me now.
I know SpaceDock could be better but im lacking the Manpower for it.

The only issue I had was the "mod packs" that would pop up from time to time. I just didn't like having to monitor the site for license violations. Not a big deal and I probably make it bigger than it should be

No. The Site only exists because others like you give away their work on it.
I do what i can to resolve avery abuse message as fast and peacefull as possible.
Giving everyone a chance to act without force helps with that.
Thats why i always require the Partys to first talk and then prove to me that they tried, their claim is valid and thers absolutly no other way then me to take out the hammer and delete stuff.
But i wont hesitate if thats whats needed to maintain the copyright owners rights.

That beeing said. I Sometimes get the feeling that authors choose licenses that arent reflecting their wishes.

Yes, was my fault.
The Network link to the backend reseted and caused a chain reaction causing the proxy to stop trying to relay requests and you informing me how important the site is to you.
:)

12 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Yes, was my fault.
The Network link to the backend reseted and caused a chain reaction causing the proxy to stop trying to relay requests and you informing me how important the site is to you.
:)

Hey sweet its back up. Thanks

Just now, MaxPeck said:

We should try harder to cheer it up.  It's down because it's unappreciated.

It is down, though.

Well it would be one thing if the site goes down, but its quite another to have it down and be tied so closely to CKAN. It just so happens I was unlucky enough to wipe and reinstall tonight at this time. Frustrating to say the least. 

1 hour ago, PearGrylls909 said:

Well it would be one thing if the site goes down, but its quite another to have it down and be tied so closely to CKAN. It just so happens I was unlucky enough to wipe and reinstall tonight at this time. Frustrating to say the least. 

Sigh. Me too. Grounded or playing stock. :P (Or manually installing mods, but... eh?)Would be nice if CKAN had a mirror system, or at least failed nicely when sites time out. I note the server is now actually refusing connections rather than timing out tho, so perhaps it's being fixed? (Hopefully? :P)

Down from the UK too,

I do keep pretty up-to-date with my downloads, so it's not a big deal for me. My last download was Wedneday, 15:34 GMT. The pattern I see for new data suggests I am unlikely to see any change before late evening, my time. Anyway, I have things to do today.

thank you.

I hope the admin of the french ksp wiki has noticed by now that i drop packets from his server because it might have caused SpaceDocks  recent downtime.