SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

35 minutes ago, drtedastro said:

Is there anyplace that shows when you are working on the site and we can expect delays / downtime?

I'm pretty sure there isn't, but I could be wrong.

This thread is the most likely place to find information on the site's current state.

Having a mod hosting site like SpaceDock for a computer game and an administrator like VITAS is the epitome of privilege. 

I don't think its fair to ask more from him... just my opinion.

unless you are one of his patreons... maybe.

Edited by TheKurgan

If the site is not responding its usualy not intended :)

some longer explanation:

Its a good idea to check here if the site isnt working and post if noone did so far.

I will  be migrate at some point to the new server but i will psot before that if i expect any downtimes.

Edited by VITAS

Looks like im Bug hunting on the new server.

Debain 9 is full of unresolved issues and the Ryzen CPU seems to cause the server to lock up after a week of uptime.

Fun times.

But appart from the cost involved in keeping both servers up im in no rush to move.

So im trying to make it right before i do (as you surely know form installign your computers its hard to change some decissions later).

Im also always open for sugesstions or requests for services to offer.

I also want to thank everyone supporting SpaceDock with donations, kind words, help or simply by using it.
Without you i wouldnt be able to have the opertunity to run a site as busy like SpaceDock.
Its 90% fun (and 10% screaming at Servers/Code/my Bank account) :)

I also want to note that everyone calls the interwebs a mean place without laws full of idiots and egocentrics.
This comunity proofs them wrong. I never expected to have so few people missbehaving or raging. So thank you for that too.

Special thanks to Greys for keeping me on the list most important to HER. :wink: <-insider

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2017 at 11:47 AM, VITAS said:

Kerbal Space Program Version 1.3.1 was released 24h ago (Changelog).

I just added it to SpaceDock

Mod Authors: Please check your mods.

I'm trying to sign in to update DCK but your website won't let me

I reset the password and it still won't let me log in with the new password ... Think you gots a bit of a problem

uhm whats your spacedock username? <- found it (doh)

I cant reset your Password for you. all i can do is delete stuff or edit things like your mail adress.

I would say, that the system is working like it should. Else i would imagine more people to complain.

This might sound simple but are you realy realy sure you didnt have capslock on and such?

ps: nice avatar. Ive a canadian flag in my german apartment :)

Edited by VITAS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm using the SpaceDock API for my KSP Mod Analyzer application and have noticed that sometimes the API gives inconsistent results. I'm using the API to get data for all mods, and the API may return +/- one mod compared to the previous run. To make this reproducible and easy to test, I created a small Python application found here: GitHub Gist

The script uses the same functionality as in KSP Mod Analyzer but just writes the list of returned mods to a text file. It can be configured to run e.g. 3 times, creating three different output files. Comparing these shows that sometimes there is difference between the runs, e.g. one mod may be missing in the first run. Note that which mod is affected seems random.

Just like to highlight this, I hope my test script may be helpful in reproducing the problem finding the root cause. Please let me know if I can do some more troubleshooting from my side.

Note that KSP Mod Analyzer has a cool down period of 60s between each run (to limit the traffic to the server), but this does not seem to solve the problem.

Edited by Ake74

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... the code is opensource youre welcome to check the code and maybe patch it: https://github.com/KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock

Theres also Pwiki running on SpaceDock. it migth be possible to give you the data you need via its api. But i dont know if its able to restrict requests.

Edited by VITAS

Just a heads-up.    spacedock.info isn't responding at the moment.

November 10th 2017 16:30 GMT

Might be something local to me, in the UK. Might already be back. But my connection attempts have timed-out.

And a couple of minutes after I posted that, everything is working normally.

Edited by Wolf Baginski
Status change.

8 hours ago, Wolf Baginski said:

Just a heads-up.    spacedock.info isn't responding at the moment.

November 10th 2017 16:30 GMT

Might be something local to me, in the UK. Might already be back. But my connection attempts have timed-out.

And a couple of minutes after I posted that, everything is working normally.

Having the same issues today in Montana @ 6:48 pm MDT

Edit: We all good, it's back up again.

Edited by RYU AZUKU99
Added location