SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

4 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Stone Blue reported it... Li0n confirmed.

Why continue to beat this up?

I'm sure Vitas will fix it as soon as he can.

yeah... i have it on good authority that Vitas has been contacted immediately after it happened, thru other means, as well as me tagging him in my post...
I'm sure it will get fixed as soon as possible... give the site people some time... it IS the middle of most peoples weekend and time off to relax with family and things other than KSP...

I just hit the "Create Exception" button on the warning page I got, and the site works fine for me for manual downloads... you CKAN people, may have to wait tho...
but i guess thats the price of easy convenience: sometimes you just got to deal with temporary outages... vOv

What are the preview image resolution and ratio recommended for 100% fit in the mod's page and mod's card at main page? (no tiling, no cutting)

UPD. 

ok, figured out - that is inconvenient and maybe impossible.

feature request: spit them in the settings: top wide mod's page picture and small mod's card picture at main page

Edited by flart

2 hours ago, flart said:

What are the preview image resolution and ratio recommended for 100% fit in the mod's page and mod's card at main page? (no tiling, no cutting

dont know if it might help, but i had the same question... it depends on yours, and the user viewing the image, screen res... so no real hard definition... tho i came up with a ratio that seemed to work for me over a couple different screen resolutions: (few posts after mine are relevant)

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/159581-spacedockinfo-mod-hosting-site/&do=findComment&comment=3141460

Edited by Stone Blue

On 06.08.2017 at 5:08 PM, Stone Blue said:

I got a 1500x400 image to "fit"...

400px is the visible height (image can be larger), 1920px is the width for no-tiling at FullHD monitor. Have at mind what left-side 600px doesn't show up for 1366px-monitor so it should be not important staff. 

All above is ok, and 1920x400 looks like recommended variant. 

Problem is when you trying to get pretty small mod's card picture too. It doesn't use cutted 400px-height variant, but the full image, what you loaded and get some middle part of it to fit mod-card ratio so even if you guess positioning, text still become not-readable (too small).

It is better to set them separately.

@VITAS Is there any possibility to do that?

Or to make movable yellow rectangle, corresponding picture-card. Movable yellow rectangle shows up while you setting up preview picture. 

18 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

It's why there should be a comment or a flagging system. There's a reason KerbalX exists. It's likely only because the person doesn't know any better (yet the choice to continue onto CKAN irks more than it should).

Edited by ZooNamedGames

I just ran into an odd one - I tried to follow a mod, and it asked me to create an account.  Now, the obvious thought would be to make sure I was logged in - but I was.  On the same screen as the 'please create an account', I had a pull-down with my name and links to my profile, etc.    So I'm simultaneously logged in and not logged in.

(And I still haven't received any emails from Spacedock since at least November sometime...)

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble accessing Spacedock.info? It won't load for me. I checked on isitdownrightnow.com: https://imgur.com/gallery/kI90r but I have no idea how reliable that actually is.

Does anyone have any info on what's going on with Spacedock?

Edited by Cochise

Hi,

someone or someothing is bombarding the server. im on it but it might take time (im very tired and need to work in the mornung so soem sleep in the middle might occur).

I might be able to look into the mail problem while im poking the server.

Regarding the mods suggestion: i wished i had more help. Its basicly me doing all the things.

Yes. VITAS has posted an update; it sounds like it's the target of a denial of service attack:

If the mod you're looking for is licensed as free / open source software, it may be mirrored on the Internet Archive:

https://archive.org/details/kspckanmods

CKAN's indexing bot has a process that creates these entries automatically, and it's hoped to use them as a fallback automatically someday.

(Note that restrictively licensed mods are not included, for obvious reasons.)

15 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Hi,

someone or someothing is bombarding the server. im on it but it might take time (im very tired and need to work in the mornung so soem sleep in the middle might occur).

Regarding the mods suggestion: i wished i had more help. Its basicly me doing all the things.

Vitas, 

I'd be happy to help, by day I'm a linux sysadmin.

PM me when you can to discuss

LGG

17 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Hi,

Came to check on spacedock's status since CKAN was throwing errors when trying to download stuff and see you're already on it without anyone reporting it. Don't know what kind of help you need so I can't really offer assistance but just wanted to say I appreciate what you do.  No need to put a hobby before your work, get some sleep if you need to.  We will all survive until tomorrow. 

Thanks!  :)

1 hour ago, nanobug said:

Came to check on spacedock's status since CKAN was throwing errors when trying to download stuff and see you're already on it without anyone reporting it. Don't know what kind of help you need so I can't really offer assistance but just wanted to say I appreciate what you do.  No need to put a hobby before your work, get some sleep if you need to.  We will all survive until tomorrow. 

Thanks!  :)

i totally agree, better to take a little longer and do it right, than to do it quickly and to get rid of it.

@VITAS we all appreciate what you do, you're the real MVP :D 

7 minutes ago, shibdib said:

Just bumping for awareness, thought CKAN was broken (because when isn't it) but spacedock is still down :(

Did you bother to read any of the messages above what you posted? 

There is a denial o Service attack being done on space dock right now, it's been going on all day. It's being worked on, just be patient.

Remember that this is being done by volunteers who do not get paid for it. Their jobs come 1st, and so does real life. It should be fixed by tomorrow.

Edited by linuxgurugamer