SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

Over 87% of all data requested now comes form ATS (Apache Traffic Server) cache. That also includes downloads.
Average page loading times even at peak DLC/1.7.1 relase hype is ~1.5s and go as low as 0.7s (No client side caching).
I think there are a couple of 100ms still in it (stats.52k.de needs to get faster) but that is about as fast as i can make the old code.

Iam pleased. :)

Edited by VITAS

The one thing I've noticed with the new backend is that starting concurrent downloads seems to hang up a bit.  (Like when Angel-125 updates all his mods, and I want to download all of them - I'll open each one's page in a separate tab, and then click download in each tab.  The first starts downloading immediately, but now the rest pause for a bit before they start.)

Minor issue, but something I've noticed.

Interresting. Thank you for telling me this.
Maybe thats mod evasive restricting download requests per second.
But they download simultaniously?
How long would you guess the delay is?

Fixing this would be good if the CKAN guys every implement paralel downloading.

Edited by VITAS

1 hour ago, VITAS said:

Interresting. Thank you for telling me this.
Maybe thats mod evasive restricting download requests per second.
But they download simultaniously?
How long would you guess the delay is?

Fixing this would be good if the CKAN guys every implement paralel downloading.

I just did a quick test: They downloaded simultaneously, but the second one took ~17 seconds from click to start downloading.  If the download of the first finishes before that, the second one will return faster - so it's only delaying simultaneous downloads.  (And only really noticeable with large mods - of which there are a few.)

Just thought that I would mention, at least for me, FF IIRC, will only do 5 concurrent downloads at a time... ie the first five tabs i open, and click the button, will download concurrently... If I try to download moar, they will all be "paused", until one of the first five finish, then the "save as..." popup will open for the sixth, once a "slot" opens... and so on...

@Stone Blue 5 sounds like a default value ill look at that too. The higher the limit the easier DOS are. So i will have to have limit.

@Joal ban Kluane Thank you for the info. Im still workining on the Mailserver (its mails seem to be refused or flaged as junk by some other mailservers atm). But now mails is odd. Ill check the script responsible and ask it nicely to cooperate. :)

@Joal ban Kluane You can also use the rss stream for that (if thats at least working). :)

BTW can you ping me here when you get mails again?

I fixed a bunch of bugs i found. Theres still a problem with the DKIM signatures. So mails are now send but might be rejected or more likely flagged as spam.
*takes a brake after 6h of staring at shells*

Edited by VITAS

Yes i remember something was broken but not how much. This Site would be a fulltime Job for more than one Person. I need to find a way to make this my job :D

Im Interrested in knowing if you recieve anything from now on (maybe ins pam).

It would also help with debugging if you could send me the full mail source (including header) to DStaalMail.v[at]52k.de

Because of all this spam mail floating arround setting up Mailservers is very hard nowdays.

I didn't know I could get an RSS stream, and I must say even looking, I haven't found the URL to use for it (I use RSS for the ,ods that are on Github only, so it is a good way as well, although I like the mails).

I haven't received anything so far (also not in SPAM), but maybe it's just that nobody updated their mod yet ;) I'll try and inform you next time I see a notification mail.

49 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Yes i remember something was broken but not how much. This Site would be a fulltime Job for more than one Person. I need to find a way to make this my job :D

Im Interrested in knowing if you recieve anything from now on (maybe ins pam).

It would also help with debugging if you could send me the full mail source (including header) to DStaalMail.v[at]52k.de 

If I get anything, I'll try to remember.  At the moment, I haven't seen anything come through in ages.  (I do tell my mail provider to let spam through and let me handle it - though I've noticed they still block some.)

1 hour ago, VITAS said:

I'll admit managing sites like this is my job, and we have reasonable rates...  ;)  Though we don't do much with mail these days.

Youre welcome to help me out. I wont charge you for using my server resources for your ksp-mod needs instead :>

Its not that i dont know what im doing. Its the amount of time it takes to keep everything working.
You have to keep in mind its not only SpaceDock or even KSP Stuff im hosting.
It takes up as much time as a dedicated job would but ive to remember ive to work for money too so i can pay my rent.

I rely wished it would be my real job and better still: i could hire some of you so you too.

BTW if you know your way arround computers:

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=spacedock.info;

h=Message-ID:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; s=mx1a;

bh=0YHWb6MVind/ajpL+ZgbWxc5St1kQCEby9mXRyQMsyA=; b=OlhQqquBhQIT

MjAQAZTNDb1YK6KuyuIplt6cv8eoO9XMZ8G3wWaHvGs7W5EtcZQ7Kl5OS2B4gftM

9j1eedXffzjex3SOSnVv2syJsVGUn0izgGPiF4dC3ptltfkRqUA9yA3Hm8Yronce

vZCwvDO/dhhc3ZQ/vnSpfPkppwpfvys75zUZJXXXwTbqQa+VDdqwe/arodPNJAGv

CcfIpKRpr3hVx9fuUl9+zSVre1n3WfgOk4FxGeWE0dFDd1EEp7RrQmJrqz2k0nu/

1jbT/ATI13UFNDIWRd9yfwGEGezCBeP1MIbZWtP9wKHe6uTZwPfFaPwwGTUWGuNR

aEcfdcYaaw==

Signed-by: [email protected]

Expected-Body-Hash: 0YHWb6MVind/ajpL+ZgbWxc5St1kQCEby9mXRyQMsyA=

Public-Key: v=DKIM1; h=sha256; k=rsa; t=s; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEA0AZ00fV0siCQXQYwp3MmFU5pWUKOVlAejPWCcq8Fkp4nSXHycyeXsce3bnBqVnNB8PEuAsOOMexm5nsIsFy6xmBUEVXx2IGmvwN63D/k9wbk4Z2ZDcYdBgaitpBr/NeriZTEPjyhMvhmaUNjxD06qbeWB2CeFyYOdgZSxlGyxxf0SOcybZVIKicb4rTa6WK+U8WdK7dZqDustaZjc4iuoYrys+3PexMkPMgIn88u/yKBxQM6qwewXTKoSKj6Vsyujwy49k9RBhSXIU9ZccvcI2XhB8egKlPlEWe2NDJmUGv9f3ZLg3LH8fM+rVqLzIrlj7i7EEowcTnRGqNOIAjLZQIDAQAB;

DKIM-Result: fail (bad signature)

I just made new keys, updated the DNS, made sure they are distributed and used, checked with mxtoolbox and made sure each key is unique for each domain on that mailserver.
ARC says everything has a pass.
Idears?

Just now, DStaal said:

I'll take a look if I can.  For the moment: I've just received an email from Spacedock...  :sticktongue:

cool thx for the mail.

Im also having fun with some bruteforce attempts from china right now :)

youre right. ill see what i cen do about that.

btw: was it in your spam folder?

I think i fixed the leakage. Seems like SpaceDocks mail implementation is sub optimal.

Edited by VITAS

It was not in my spam folder.  (You should be able to see that my Spamassassin install scored it a 1.9, and it has to be over 5 to be considered spam.)  It doesn't look like my upstream considered it spam either, though they don't leave headers.

And I just got another, and it does look like the leakage was fixed.