SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

So we found at least parts of the CKAN problem. Github shut down the account. Im trying to get them to revoke that decission.
About the missing checkbox: when the above is fixed i can look into it again knowing that atleast the backend is 100% there.

11 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

I could be wrong, but IIRC, the CKAN checkbox may only show up when you *initially* add a mod... I dont think it appears after that, for any edits or version updates...??? vOv

I didn't check it until the 6th update, so I don't believe that's the case.

18 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I didn't check it until the 6th update, so I don't believe that's the case.

Hmm... maybe it doesnt show, after the initial time you actually check it? Meaning you may need to check it just one time, so it creates the NETKAN PR the one time, then the checkbox never appears again? vOv
Idk... any way, Vitas or one of the CKAN peeps will know/find out soon enuff ;)

EDIT:nvm.. just saw Vitas' post snuck in there... lol
i really need to remember to check the *whole* convo since my last post, before replying :face_palm:

Edited by Stone Blue

16 hours ago, VITAS said:

What?! on it!

BTW @linuxgurugamer now has acc to SpaceDocks stuff so he can do stuff too :)

And im willing to give the following people the possibility to add new versions to the site:
@Stone Blue

@DStaal

@TiktaalikDreaming

Tell me if you want it.

New Version live. :)

Who will be the first to update?

My responsiveness has been rather awful recently, but considering that everyone has times like that, I'm ok to be added in for a bit of admin.

Edited by TiktaalikDreaming
Tonne of time

Every bit helps.
I cant keep working 12h days (like ive done over the past 2 month) only trying to keep on top of SpaceDock.
So im reaching out to every person i know well enough (and who is motivated) to entrust them with varying access rights to help keeping the site in working order.

I also see this as way to give actual mod authors more control over the site. Because you guys know best what others like you might want.

All i need now is some web devs to help me redo the site. :D

• 3 weeks later...

WOW! Thank you. :)

(I want to thank my mother and my manager who made this possible. And i wish this is an important step forward towards world peace. ;)  )

Edited by VITAS

I want to use this opportunity to list ways you can help with SpaceDock:

Coding:

• PHP (Laravel)
  • Javascript (Vue.js / Vuex / Vue-Router)
  • CSS (Vuetify or Bootstrap)
  • Python (Flask)
  • Go (Gitea)
  • other Languages (If you have a cool idea and want to code it with my support just pitch it to me (e.g. SpaceDock app?))

Sysadmin:

• Linux (Ubuntu Server)
  • Database postgreSQL
  • LXC Container
  • Apache Traffic Server
  • Apache Webserver
  • General Networking / HA / Firewall / ....
  • LVM + Raid ( advanced not only setting things up)
  • Backup systems (and strategys)

Support:

• Answering and sorting E-Mails (with support requests)
  • Help resolve Copyright issues
  • Feeding Community requests back into SpaceDock

Donating:

• Money (See patreon Link in Signature. For lager sums or direct Bank transfers (especialy in Europe) contact me directly)
  • Resources (Ive enough server resources for production and a bit of testing. If you have spare resources you want to donate contact me directly)

Graphics:

• Classical Art (Painting / Drawing/...) We need more Error Graphics and placeholders.
  • New Web Graphics in places (Photoshop & Illustrator)
  • Design (Merchendize, ....)

Law:

• Help Mod Authors pick the correct License
  • Help SpaceDock to conform with current regional ( german and european copyright/ Internet/data protection law) (and international) law

Misc:

• Theres so many tasks in all areas.
  • No matter what you are good at.
  • Thers something that fits you.

Remember: you dont have to be a Pro. SpaceDock isnt a Company its a hobby and from the community for the community.
This is your opportunity to learn new things and do stuff that interests you.

For me SpaceDock is one big Experiment. I wouldnt be able to try out those things in a job or with a smaller site.
So thank you all for that opportunity. :)

(Speaking of job: Im unimployed atm so if someone has a spare job (in germany)...)

And yes im doing all that and more currently on my own.

Edited by VITAS

On 7/1/2019 at 12:16 PM, VITAS said:

I want to use this opportunity to list ways you can help with SpaceDock:

Coding:

• Python (Flask)

Don't mind if I do! :P

https://github.com/KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock/pull/195

Should be a pretty trivial change, but unfortunately I don't have a server on which to do full testing. This has been a wish list item of mine for a while now, since it will make it possible to eliminate some manual server admin steps required to keep CKAN working.

Thank you.
Ive to merge the Production code with the one on github. The API shouldnt have changed but i had to patch some things to make it run on newer Linux packet versions.

9 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Ive to merge the Production code with the one on github. The API shouldnt have changed but i had to patch some things to make it run on newer Linux packet versions.

That sounds great. Just let me know if you need me to rebase or use a different branch or anything like that.

Feature Request

When editing a mod description, please make the Markdown link open in a new window. Or a "warning, leaving page, are you sure?". Or something!  I just lost a significant edit to a mod description because it opened in the same window, no prompt, no warning, making me lose the entire edit. Browser-back didn't fix it.  I really should know better than to trust web interfaces by now, but I keep getting caught out by this sort of thing :(

Thank you for all your hard work maintaining this awesome resource for the community!

EDIT: Created issue #196 and submitted a pull request. Looks like for some pages it already opened in a new Window/Tab, just not all.

Edited by micha

27 minutes ago, VITAS said:

I mainly do bugfixing because i simply dont have the time to do more than that.

Just to confirm, the source code is still here? Reason I'm asking is that it seems nothing has been updated in a very long time, yet I know you've been working on it..?

Yes i did some bugfixing on production but never merged it.
You could be doing that if you like (Ill give you acc to a copy). Also $somone could set up a test/dev instance (the machine for it already exists).

Interested?

1 hour ago, VITAS said:

Yes i did some bugfixing on production but never merged it.
You could be doing that if you like (Ill give you acc to a copy). Also $somone could set up a test/dev instance (the machine for it already exists).

Interested?

If you're looking for a volunteer to log into the server and copy the code back to GitHub, I think I could handle that.

Ditto. My actual spare time is limited, but as a backup-dev I'm happy to volunteer. I know source-code-control etc. Web-dev less so. You have my contact details already :)