SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

42 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@VITAS

There is an issue with Spacedock, if a file is deleted, and then re-uploaded, the old file is still around, it doesn't get deleted.

Yep, this had bitten my SAS too. I think it's the CDN they are using. I don't think this have a easy solution unless that CDN has an API for clearing cache - every time you upload a file, a script would clear the CDN cache for that URL.

10 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Yep, this had bitten my SAS too. I think it's the CDN they are using. I don't think this have a easy solution unless that CDN has an API for clearing cache - every time you upload a file, a script would clear the CDN cache for that URL.

well, it is a real pain, if I make a mistake uploading, I have to do a version bump to fix.  Yuck

Thx for the pinning.

Yes i think files are only deleted from the DB and not from the drive. Only workaround  i can give at this point is renaming the file and if not possible ping me.

For the rules of deleting postings on SpaceDock (as of now):

1. inform the possible copyright owner. (If a posting violates German law and/or shows pedant insignia i will remove it instantly on notification)

2. the copyright owner should try to contact the other party and make substantial efforts to settle the matter

3. the copyright owner should request the deletion either here in the forums (this thread or PM) or via IRC/Matrix/discord with the following information

a.) claim and reason for request
     b.) link to infringing mod on SpaceDock
     c.) efforts made to settle this on their own
4.) i (or someone else with the proper rights ) will delete or "unpublish" the mod in question.

Note: im against deleting user accounts because it will just cause people to register on a new name and be hard to find again. 

This procedure hopefully ensures that deleting mods and users wont be misused as a weapon in flame wars and also isnt used by me and others inconsistently.

1 hour ago, VITAS said:

Yes i think files are only deleted from the DB and not from the drive. Only workaround  i can give at this point is renaming the file and if not possible ping me.

That would be fine, if when a new file is uploaded with the same name it overwrites the existing one.  Or at least give an error saying that it can't be uploaded and the reason

21 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@DStaal I just brought your post to the attention of the SD team.

Whats disturbing is the amount of downloads he's getting, and so quickly, on his submissions :/

I suspect some of them are likely people like me - they see an odd (or suspicious) looking mod, and they download it to check what it actually is.

1 hour ago, VITAS said:

The very thing I didn't tried because it would not change the URL of the artifact, and I had already jumped into the CDN conclusion and closed my mind to alternatives. :)

well, good to know. Thanks!

27 minutes ago, VITAS said:

As you know Development is an on-off thing because of the lack of devs.

I would welcome a more user friendly fix if there where a constant group of people working on the site.

Feel your pain, bro... I Feel your pain.

I will see what I can do, as I manage to get things on rails on RL (assuming nobody did it by the time).

yesterdays reboot fixed ipv6 routing.

Next on the list is to maybe get nextcloud going again and maybe trust it enough to start archiving mods again.

Im thinking about moving to a more reliable (but more expensive) storage solution in January (Donate to help me finance it).

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

I spend the last 3 weeks working on the infrastructure addressing all those small tasks that are boring and simply not fun.
Im thinking about services i could offer to the community besides the site itself. any suggestions?

1 hour ago, VITAS said:

Update:

I spend the last 3 weeks working on the infrastructure addressing all those small tasks that are boring and simply not fun.
Im thinking about services i could offer to the community besides the site itself. any suggestions?

Perhaps something where you can “like” a mod or something and the most liked mod gets shown on the front page?

Idk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @VITAS, just wanted to let you know that the link from your Patreon page to the forums here points to a bad/old url. Just click on your own patreon link in your signature here, scroll down and find where it says "Regular updates are posted here", it links to 

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/132186-spacedockinfo-dev-thread-the-*** malicious site we no longer use ***-replacement-site-fully-operational/

which doesn't work for whatever reason. Should probably link to this thread instead. :)