SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

18 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Reminder, SpaceDock is going to have some scheduled downtime for maintenance NOW, expected to last up to 8 hours. Some significant infrastructure and code updates will take place, which may require some fast reactions and hot patching with hair on fire despite extensive preparations, so the 8 hours is not a 100% guarantee. Please be patient and do not freak out.

Quoting yet again for people who apparently don't like to read.

(EDIT: Forum goofed, I did not intend to post that three times.)

Edited by HebaruSan

And we are up again!
You can download all your favourite mods again!

Thank you all for your patience!

If you want a quick overview of what changed, read this: https://github.com/KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock/pull/301

In short:

• You can change your password on your profile page now
  • https://spacedock.info/kerbal-space-program/browse/top is now usable.
  • You can see a short mod abstract right below the mod name on a mod page.
  • Everything should be a bit faster than before
  • A lot of work under the hood, both code-wise and infrastructure-wise, hoping that future updates will be easier and faster to do.
Edited by DasSkelett

On 6/30/2020 at 6:20 AM, HebaruSan said:

Quoting yet again for people who apparently don't like to read.

There are an awful lot of people who don't.  In this week alone, I've been asked/told that my mods are not in CKAN because they are still listed as 1.8.1.  I'm getting rather tired of constantly explaining it.  Is there a good post I can link to with the instructions, diagrams, etc for those people who can't read?

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There are an awful lot of people who don't.  In this week alone, I've been asked/told that my mods are not in CKAN because they are still listed as 1.8.1.  I'm getting rather tired of constantly explaining it.  Is there a good post I can link to with the instructions, diagrams, etc for those people who can't read?

Send them to the CKAN wiki on the topic

spacedock.com is no more. SpaceDock.info now carries the torch! Chaos is slowly, but surely, giving way to organized chaos, as we are lining up what'll be needed to get going again: a website, content hosting, people to help out with web development. The CKAN team and many others have stepped up big time, and we want to thank you for your patience as we get things operational.

We want to thank SirCmpwn for what he did for spacedock.com and his willingness to assist with getting our developers familiar with the initial setup of the spacedock engine used for SpaceDock. spacedock.com was an awesome site. We can only hope to meet it and aim to exceed what it provided to the community. We're sad to see him go.

In spite of the difficult road ahead, I personally think this event was one of the KSP mod community's finest hours. :) We're pulling together, probably more than we have ever done so before... and building a new home. One that will be better than the former.

Just wanted to let you know that Microsoft Edge in Android gives a warning that spacedock.info has been reported as a malicious website. The false positive isn't showing up in either Chrome or if using Edge/Chrome in Windows.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 2:26 AM, VITAS said:

THX

There is Microsoft edge on android?!

I dont think i can influence Microsofts or Googles idea of good or bad behaviour.

Sorry, missed your reply.  I've been using it as I've switched to Edge on my PC recently.  It's stopped reporting it as unsafe in the last couple of days, so for the user or two who browse spacedock on their mobile browser with Edge no longer get the warning :-).

On 7/14/2020 at 9:26 AM, VITAS said:

THX

There is Microsoft edge on android?!

I dont think i can influence Microsofts or Googles idea of good or bad behaviour.

MS Edge is chromium-based, so yeah it should exhibit the save behavior Chrome does.

(SIDENOTE: Since their codebase i are the same, you can load Chrome Webstore extensions into Edge.)