SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

I'm getting upload errors, I made my mod 30mb smaller in this build update and now I'm told by Spacedock:

"This mod is too big to upload." 5 times over as many hours

I'm slightly concerned, reducing size and getting a "too big" warning...seems "odd"

Edited by Guest

24 minutes ago, Aazard said:

I'm getting upload errors, I made my mod 30mb smaller in this build update and now I'm told by Spacedock:

I'm slightly concerned, reducing size and getting a "too big" warning...seems "odd"

Oddly, that's how SpaceDock handles a "Bad Gateway" status:

https://github.com/KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock/blob/082b3f21a158324acbdb45075bcd0058d6a1cd1a/frontend/coffee/update.coffee#L44-L47

catch SyntaxError
            # No nice error message from server, let's fill something in
            if this.status == 502
                result = { error: true, reason: "This mod is too big to upload." }

https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

10.5.3 502 Bad Gateway

The server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, received an invalid response from the upstream server it accessed in attempting to fulfill the request.

Looks like a server issue unrelated to the specifics of your mod. There are other things that aren't working currently (CKAN bot is spamming errors continuously while checking SpaceDock-hosted mods), so hopeully @VITAS will be able to figure out what's happening.

7 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

https://github.com/KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock/blob/082b3f21a158324acbdb45075bcd0058d6a1cd1a/frontend/coffee/update.coffee#L44-L47

catch SyntaxError
            if this.status == 502

Looks like a server issue unrelated to the specifics of your mod. There are other things that aren't working currently (CKAN bot is spamming errors continuously while checking SpaceDock-hosted mods), so hopeully @VITAS will be able to figure out what's happening.

Ok shame there is a CKAN issue. Good to know it isnt me.

Best wishes on a solution 

Anyone else getting "Can't be downloaded securely" on Chrome for every download from the site? It's easily fixed on the user end by opening the chrome download page and clicking "keep anyway" on the downloads, but it seems to be doing it for every file on the site. And yes, I know someone is going to answer with "use a different browser", and I don't want to hear it :P.

11 minutes ago, ForgiLaGeord said:

Anyone else getting "Can't be downloaded securely" on Chrome for every download from the site? It's easily fixed on the user end by opening the chrome download page and clicking "keep anyway" on the downloads, but it seems to be doing it for every file on the site. And yes, I know someone is going to answer with "use a different browser", and I don't want to hear it :P.

White list spacedock.....

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, ForgiLaGeord said:

Can I get some more details on that process? I've never had to do that before, and a search turns up a lot of different things.

oh poop...pure google scary Google > NSA :cool:> 9 eyes :ph34r: > public info :(. this will save me 15 minutes: (this is what i really do outside of ksp btw)

I suggest you UNDERSTAND why "pure" google is bad (using google logins/services...safely...is not)

backdate your chrome to chrome 82 at the "newest", after that its code is VERY iffy with http vs https (as soon chrome WILL not support http at all)

https://9to5google.com/2020/02/06/chrome-secure-downloads/

chrome-secure-downloads-1.png?resize=102

Just use brave, its safe, no ads (other than 5 "notifications" per hour, optional, will pay you $15 to $20 a month, plus its based on chrome, with firefox like security and uses addons for "chrome" with no issue, plus its WAY faster.

Edited by Guest

On 10/2/2020 at 4:10 PM, Delta dart said:

Can access the site but takes me to the "This Site is Unavailable Right Now" page when I try to download a mod.

Edit: fixed

16 hours ago, Aazard said:

15 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

catch SyntaxError
            if this.status == 502

Good news, I finally found some time to investigate, and we got the problem resolved!

Turns out, celery auto-upgraded after the server restart, and the new version only wants its command line arguments IN UPPERCASE, not lowercase. Very delicate, if you ask me.

Uploading mods, downloading mods (also via CKAN), email notifications and everything else should work reliably again. Please let us now if something still doesn't behave the way it should.

Sorry for the inconvenience, thanks for the patience!

Edited by DasSkelett

umm slightly off topic area for this question maybe:

how do I take "the optional" part of my mod and make it "attached" to same release on github and then CKAN/spacedock.

I have searched, but I dont want to burn down my repo acting without asking 1st

Update:

In order to allow Google Chrome Browser users to access SpaceDock in the future i will deploy some updates tomorrow morning (05:10.2020 8:00 CEST).
Downtime should be in the range of Minutes.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:17 AM, ForgiLaGeord said:

20 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Update:

In order to allow Google Chrome Browser users to access SpaceDock in the future i will deploy some updates tomorrow morning (05:10.2020 8:00 CEST).

We have to thank @ForgiLaGeord for making us aware of that one. Apparently Chrome started to show those warnings in the latest version, but will start blocking downloads altogether in the next one, releasing tomorrow. This would make Chrome users that are updating early unable to download mods at all from SpaceDock.

If someone is interested in the problem, here's the PR explaining the problem more detailed, but in short, we accidentally redirected downloads via HTTP. The downloads themselves were HTTPS and thus encrypted, no worries, but one step in between, after clicking the download button, wasn't. This poses an opportunity for attackers to make you download a different, manipulated file.
Not really a concern for SpaceDock, but Chrome has a solid point in discouraging and preventing such situations.

On 10/3/2020 at 8:04 PM, Aazard said:

umm slightly off topic area for this question maybe:

how do I take "the optional" part of my mod and make it "attached" to same release on github and then CKAN/spacedock.

I have searched, but I dont want to burn down my repo acting without asking 1st

Just split those optional files out into a separate zip, and upload that separate zip as another mod on SpaceDock (and as additional release asset on GitHub). In the description you mention the need for the base mod to be installed. Make sure that there aren't any files with the same name and path, because CKAN can't overwrite files (and non-CKAN-users might get confused if they have to).

(and as additional release asset on GitHub).

Thats the part I do not understand.

Can you link me to info? I see the RSS textures guys do iy in same release (I think)

Thank you

Update:

Done.

Edited by VITAS

I want to point out some changes we just deployed:

• Disappearing thumbnails and header images are finally fixed!
    If one of your mods currently has a black thumbnail and the header image disappeared mysteriously, please reupload it one last time, this time it will stay for good.
    Yes, even PNGs with alpha channel and other color modes will work for header images now, and the server takes care of converting them to JPEGs for the thumbnails.
    Also newly generated thumbnails should have a little higher quality now, more improvements to thumbnails and headers are being discussed and in the works.
  • Chrome users will still be able to download mods in the future!
    As I wrote above, we fortunately became aware of the download warning, that Google plans to turn into a complete block with today's update, thanks to @ForgiLaGeord reporting the issue. We could fix the cause for those warnings, so downloads will continue to work on Chrome, now without warning.
  • Per-version download stats, a download button on the mod thumbnail, several modpack fixes to make them usable again, and a lot more.
    We are slowly but surely getting this old codebase into a working and maintainable state.
    For a full overview of today's fixes and changes, see this pull request.

Once again, thanks for the patience during the downtime today. Not a single question about what's happening from users that can't read the last comment on a thread, that's a first!

Edited by DasSkelett

57 minutes ago, DasSkelett said:

Disappearing thumbnails and header images are finally fixed!
If one of your mods currently has a black thumbnail and the header image disappeared mysteriously, please reupload it one last time, this time it will stay for good.
Yes, even PNGs with alpha channel and other color modes will work for header images now, and the server takes care of converting them to JPEGs for the thumbnails.
Also newly generated thumbnails should have a little higher quality now, more improvements to thumbnails and headers are being discussed and in the works.

Finally

SpaceDock isn't like Google but more like Linux:

There isn't an Army of Workers and Vaults full of cash but only a handfull of your fellow community members pulling all nighters to keep this running and on top of that paying money to co-finance the whole thing.

Its only as good as your support.

Less help less SpaceDock.

:)

Edited by VITAS

Note:

SpaceDock has an IRC channel (#spacedock on espernet) Discord:  https://discord.gg/KQbnUF and an Matrix server: +spacedock:52k.de
We are getting regular questions a bout mods now we cant answer as well as you guys can. Pointing them to the Forums doesn't seem to help.
So please consider joining.
Bonus: you can yell at us in real time ;)

p.s. if you want to use irc and want bnc i can supply that (if you think i just mashed my keys you're fine)

Edited by VITAS

5 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Note:

SpaceDock has an IRC channel (#spacedock on espernet) Discord:  https://discord.gg/KQbnUF and an Matrix server: +spacedock:52k.de
We are getting regular questions a bout mods now we cant answer as well as you guys can. Pointing them to the Forums doesn't seem to help.
So please consider joining.
Bonus: you can yell at us in real time ;)

Ok, I already did

• 3 weeks later...