SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was just informed by the Datacenter:

There will be maintenance on the Router for SpaceDocks main Server.

Start:          3. March 2021 03:00:00 CET
End:           3. March 2021 03:30:00 CET (estimate)

So thats 30 Minutes.

Please plan your Mod up/downloads accordingly.

Thank you

Edited by VITAS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just some simple questions (that I haven't been able to figure out):

Is there a way to change the title of a mod on spacedock if you are the mod author?

Also, is there a way to not notify followers if you press 'automatically update'? For me, followers don't need to be notified if the same version of the mod is relabelled for a different version of ksp.

Any answer is appreciated.

Edited by Aniruddh

9 minutes ago, Aniruddh said:

Also, are features like this planned, or is it never going to be a feature on spacedock?

For renaming, it's a common request, tracked here:  https://github.com/KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock/issues/62
I would say it's somewhat likely to happen, but the development hasn't been started as far as I know.

The other one I don't think I've seen mentioned before, so it probably isn't on anyone's radar yet.

But in general, what gets added or changed with SpaceDock is down to what folks feel like doing. New folks can submit code changes anytime to add things they care about, and existing team members essentially do the same. There's no master plan of what will be worked on in the future like there is with a commercial software company. The best chance if you don't want to actually do any work is to add something to the issues list so that some team member trawling it for ideas might see yours and start coding.

i tried to sign up for spacedock, and it sent me to a page that says "

We've sent an email to the address you provided. It should arrive shortly. Once it does, click the link inside to complete your registration. If you run into any trouble, please send an email to [email protected] to get it sorted out.

Alternatively, you can use automatic email activation by sending an email to [email protected] with the subject !activate."

and i never got a confirmation email. i sent a email with the subject !activate to try to activate it, nothing happened. i made a new account with a different email address, and the same thing happened. am i doing something wrong? thanks!

Regarding activation:

Send me a  private message here with your reg email and username on SPaceDock. Ill manualy activate you.
Sometimes Mail Providers block to many mails in fear of spam.

About renaming Mods:
mod names are reflected in links.

SpaceDock can route people even with a changed modname but i think that having people click on a link with modname A and route them to a page with mod name B will confuse them and could give the impression that the site was broken.
I generaly advise people to make a new mod and link to it from within the description area of the old one.

Edited by VITAS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The Datacenter decided to do maintenance on the Storage backend:
https://status.hetzner.com/de/incident/d26588b3-5d74-4f4f-9b91-9c87e5b88209

The site is down till they finish.
Im not pleased.

Called the datacenter. they look into it why its taking so long.

Still waiting for them to find the problem.

Edited by VITAS

Just got confirmation from @VITAS that SD is back up... Issue on the hosting service end has been addressed.
Please report any issues if thats not the case.

And Welcome & Thanx to the plethora of people who joined the SD Discord server to report the issue. ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

Hi all, I'm seeking feedback from users of the site, please share your opinions. (Please try to keep it on topic, I want an answer to this specific question, not everybody's laundry list of annoyances and whatnot that I would then have to sift through. And there's also no need to point out that not every user of the site reads this thread; I fully understand that, and it will be taken into account.)

Currently if you click "follow" for a mod that is marked as being for an older game version, and then later the mod author marks the current release as compatible with the current game version, SpaceDock will notify you about this via email. (So we're not talking about a new mod version being uploaded, this is specifically about when that doesn't happen.) The email starts with "Hi there! Thought you would like to know that ModAuthor told us that version 1.2.3 of BestMod works great with KSP 1.11.2," if you are familiar with that from your inbox.

• Have you ever clicked "follow" with the intention to wait for this specific notification?
  • Do you find this notification useful?
  • Do you find this notification annoying?

@flartis on record as not wanting this notification, and I see his point, but before removing it, I would like to make sure that would not cause problems for other users. Thanks in advance!

Edited by HebaruSan

On 5/8/2021 at 7:35 PM, HebaruSan said:
  • Have you ever clicked "follow" with the intention to wait for this specific notification?

Instead of taking some action based on a poll with questionable representation... why not simply make that (or any, for that matter) notification optional? That way it's left to the users to decide if and/or when they want to get any notification.

On 5/9/2021 at 3:35 AM, HebaruSan said:

Like swjr-swis said: If it can be made an option to choose, that would be preferable. Many will want to know the latest is available while others like to stick with what they know is working for them.