SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

21 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Ah , now it works, thanks.

Cool!

21 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Seems like uploading changed, but perhaps I'm simply mistaken

Yeah, we switched to a different uploader widget that supports "chunking" because some people were having timeouts with large uploads that took longer than 15 minutes. Various things about the look and feel may be different from what it was like before May 2021.

Edited by HebaruSan

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

I am upvoting this. I too have found only 1 page of results quite frustrating.

If you're finding it that painful, you can work around the lack of page buttons by adding "&page=2", "&page=3", etc., to the end of a search URL. The back end supports pagination, there just aren't buttons for it yet (but we're in the process of adding them).

6 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

If you're finding it that painful, you can work around the lack of page buttons by adding "&page=2", "&page=3", etc., to the end of a search URL. The back end supports pagination, there just aren't buttons for it yet (but we're in the process of adding them).

Thank you. I have tried this out and found mods I never knew existed. If this info already is out there and I missed it, then my bad. If it is not, then some way of making more people aware would be good.

10 hours ago, ColdJ said:

I am upvoting this. I too have found only 1 page of results quite frustrating.

3 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Thank you. I have tried this out and found mods I never knew existed. If this info already is out there and I missed it, then my bad. If it is not, then some way of making more people aware would be good.

It looks like you missed HebaruSan's comment on this:

12 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

The pagination just wasn't implemented; there's a "TODO" in the code there. A change to implement it is in the pipeline, though:

10 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

there just aren't buttons for it yet (but we're in the process of adding them).

There's no reason to spread awareness about a hacky workaround when a proper fix is about to be implemented.

4 hours ago, ColdJ said:

If this info already is out there and I missed it, then my bad. If it is not, then some way of making more people aware would be good.

It wasn't out there, as far as I know; I myself only discovered it while working on that pull request, about 11 days ago. But editing a URL is a workaround of last resort for when someone is seriously frustrated, not something about which users generally should need to know. As @DasSkelett says, it's better to put our efforts into adding the buttons, so everyone has an obvious and easy way to access such URLs:

1 hour ago, DasSkelett said:

There's no reason to spread awareness about a hacky workaround when a proper fix is about to be implemented.

@DasSkelett I will agree to disagree in a nice and friendly manner on this one.

If you have already implemented and updated the site then sure the information doesn't need to be disseminated. But I am aware that these things take time and any information that can help make life easier for a user of your site in the meantime is helpful and shows your good will. That is for both uploaders and downloaders. Using the method I found some great mods that I was never ever aware existed, because they were always hidden on second or third page. Your search system looks for key words, not categories, so for example, I type in "Wheel" and most of the mods that turn up on the first page have nothing to do with wheels for vehicles, they just mentioned wheel somewhere in the description. Also your system prioritises high download volumes, which makes it more difficult for newer mods to be on the first page of a word search. Kerbin Rover is a good example. I got permission and adopted the original content, which I updated and expanded and re-released with a slightly different title, but when you do a word search it is the old version that turns up on the first page.

When you have implemented the change and have buttons to go to the next pages, people will naturally use that easier option, but until that happens, letting people know that there is an easy work around that only requires adding 7 characters to the end of the URL, just shows that you care. Younger internet users may not be aware, but there was a time when browsers didn't auto complete and you had to get it right by yourself or not find a site.

I am really very grateful for all the hard work you do. Sharing a little bit of useful info only serves to make you even better.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, SkyFall2489 said:

It looks like the SpaceDock site is down. Whenever I try to access it, I get the error

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://spacedock.info/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Problem is at your end. I clicked your link and got through straight away.

On 2/11/2022 at 8:44 PM, SkyFall2489 said:

It looks like the SpaceDock site is down. Whenever I try to access it, I get the error

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://spacedock.info/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I get this error as well. What could the problem be?

Upcoming Downtime for Webserver Updates

Starting: 2022-02-20 16:00 UTC

... SpaceDock will be unavailable for a little while to upgrade the reverse proxy.

This is an attempt to resolve the ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR errors that an increasing number of Chrome users see.  
If you're interested in technical details, please see this Chome bugtracker issue and our Discord channel.

In the meantime, if you're hit by this problem, please restart Chrome (maybe twice or thrice) to work around it.
(@SkyFall2489 @Lucky21)

---

Edit: Done! Upgrade happened, Chrome users should no longer experience any issues with the above error message. If you do, please tell us.

Edited by DasSkelett
Upgrade succeeded