SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

Tried downloading CxAerospace mod and SLS mod yesterday.

Navigation through the site the worked but all zip-files were broken. Tried it again 5 minutes ago. Everything concerning downloads seems to working again (Mac + Firefox).

Edited by Jeb Jawkins

5 hours ago, VITAS said:

uhm try http://kerbalspaceprogram.eu its sort of a direct line ignoring the cache.

note: its only if the spacedock.info doesnt work for uploads because it puts the server on a lot of stress.

Tried the link, got the following. " kerblasoaceprogram.eu’s server DNS address could not be found. "

yes i was in a rush when i typed it. just use http://kerbalspaceprogram.eu But remember: it icgnores all caching layers. SO the server has to build every page you request from scratch. So please please only use it if the normal url doesnt work for the particular url/down-/upload. i promise ill find a more permanent solution after im back in civilazation.

this post has been brought to you via some flaky modem speed (4.5kb/s) connection thats only available on the sidee of some dusty road if i make some modern dance pose. :)

@Jeb Jawkins I appreciate youre donation. If youre in Hamburg (Germany) at some point in the future ill buy you a drink. Im on social wellfare for the past years (but have a  (not so well) payed job starting next month).

BTW what i did: i piped all data between servers trough an heavily encrypted VPN as HTTPS packets. It seems that the Digital Ocean Computing node coudnt handle the encryption of so many packets so it did packet drops. I for now rerouted the traffic trough the open internet to my core server.

thats no permanent solution but one that will hold until im back with time to fix it.

Edited by VITAS

@Jeb Jawkins if youre in Germany too you might consider trasfering the euro to my bank account directly (so nothing gets eaten up by patreon and international transfers)

And (if you didnt look into that yet) you might want to see if youre able to attend the 33C3 (Chaos Comunication Congress) in Hamburg (27th-30th December) in Hamburg. I will be able to give you Club Mate if youre attending.

BTW if someone else is planing to Attend the Congress (Largest european Hacker gathering) we could have a nice meetup :)

Edited by VITAS

Anyone else having display issues recently?  It looks like the mod pages are set to be slightly wider than the browser window, and the 'info list' which used to wrap now is a straight list with lots and lots of extra whitespace.  (Oh, and the buttons for download and follow have moved right - which means the follow button now wraps to the left.)

22 hours ago, DStaal said:

Anyone else having display issues recently?  It looks like the mod pages are set to be slightly wider than the browser window, and the 'info list' which used to wrap now is a straight list with lots and lots of extra whitespace.  (Oh, and the buttons for download and follow have moved right - which means the follow button now wraps to the left.)

That matches what I am seeing. Using Opera browser, if that is at all significant. Not really a problem, but a bit of a surprise, and I hope it is the result of some deliberate change.

My suspicion is that it's the result of an imperfect understanding of the CSS box model by someone - I've seen similar behavior when someone codes in CSS thinking 'width' means the total width of a box.  It doesn't: It means the width of the content of the box, with things like the border and margin being on the outside of the box.  (So a box with a width of 100% with a margin of 10% takes up 120% of the width of the page.)

Take it easy on that link, tho, everyone...

On 9/15/2016 at 1:09 PM, VITAS said:

yes i was in a rush when i typed it. just use http://kerbalspaceprogram.eu@Jeb Jawkins But remember: it icgnores all caching layers. SO the server has to build every page you request from scratch. So please please only use it if the normal url doesnt work for the particular url/down-/upload. i promise ill find a more permanent solution after im back in civilazation.

6 minutes ago, Syczek said:

Oh splendid, but he will come back yes??BTW when update 1.2 come out??

it's back up it seems...

and 1.2 will be released from Beta when the devs feel it's stable enough, which could be any day now. If you want, you can download the 1.2 release candidate.

17 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Just a reminder, Vitas, the SpaceDock dev, is on a two week vacation... I belive he has at least another week before he returns... Just be patient... :)

Damm it i recently buyed ksp and now when i tried to download mods.At least i have enough of ram to handle lovetons of mods.Muhahahaha, i need time skip for love sakesXD

Edited by Syczek