SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Sorry... I forgot to ping you yesterday, when it dropped :(

No problem. it gives the mod authors time to update their mods before theyre marked as outdated ;)

But seriously: its nice of you for doing it at all. :)

6 hours ago, VITAS said:

But seriously: its nice of you for doing it at all. :)

Least I can do... wish I could do moar :(

Incidentally, I use SD a *LOT* ... if you were ever to check logs, I guess you'ld see... lol
Other than the last couple months, I think I probably have ~98% of the hosted mods and past versions saved on my HDD  ... lol
so if you ever lose the database, hit me up... lol

SD is my first choice for downloads

Edited by Stone Blue

Yup... Curse is my last download choice... I do use it to reference KSP version vs mod version, for pre-SD *** malicious site we no longer use *** mods.
Heck, most of any old Curse links in mod threads dont work... you have to use the search feature on Curse :P
Plus I use KSP Mod Analyzer, and unfortunately, it no longer works for Curse mods since they changed their API :(
KSP Mod Analyzer helps find Github-only stuff...

Edited by Stone Blue

Thank you. Your usage and above all your support keeps this site going.

I wish too i could do more.
The Site still needs a total rewrite, lots of Bugs need fixing and migrating it to a newer server wouldn't hurt ( i wished there was a dedicated coder base, that would improve the sites code.)
All im doing for some time now is to keep it running.
I would like to enable others to add new versions, do sysadmin work on the server and so on, but its still on the same system as many of my other things so giving someone root isnt possible.
But IF someone would be willing to set up a new instance and help me migrate stuff from the old (that would include my mailserver) we could do that.
*looks at @linuxgurugamer   *

In terms of DB and Mod Backups:

I currently backup everything daily to some backup storage in the datacenter the server is in, use RAID 1 and do unregular backups to a NAS at the oposite end of Germany.
So we should be good.
Because all mods are free to download i would have no problem offering a zip containing all mods to someone for safekeeping. I cant offer the db as dump because it may contain sensetive information, even if i exclude the account tables.

I keep track of the site usage. Mainly to give me a good feeling when seeing the usercount (its the same good feeling i get when i reveal to ksp players i meet, that im the one hosting SpaceDock)

I always had the idea of building a suggested mod system off the statistics like youtue and others use for their content but since i dont even get arround migrating my servers...

Hey @VITAS, is there any chance of fixing SpaceDock's CKAN hook/trigger?
https://github.com/KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock/issues/188

The current situation gives mod authors the false impression that their mod will be automatically added to CKAN if they check the checkbox, whereas since the notification is broken, we have to go looking for those mods manually instead. The fix should just be a matter of creating a user and updating the config to use it.

Updating the web hook for new releases would be nice too. :)
https://github.com/KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock/issues/192

Thanks for your time!

• 1 month later...

Wondering if its just me, or has anyone else been having issues downloading from the site?

In firefox, I've been having issues over the past week, where, when clicking any "Download" button, I get an connection error. Refreshing the page takes one or moar times, before it will work, and I'm able to actually have the download popup window open (I have FF set to ask me where to save downloads everytime).

It hasnt been bad when only doing occasional downloads, but i am several pages behind on my SD recent versions downloads, so trying to grab moar than just a couple mods at a time, is quite aggravating when I want to download moar than a couple at a time :(

Edited by Stone Blue

59 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Yes i forgot to write here, that i fixed it.

While its much better, I still occasionally get the same issue I had... Could very well be something on *my* end tho... wouldnt worry about looking into it again unless moar people report the issue...

As ALWAYS, THANK YOU, Vitas :D

• 4 weeks later...