SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

1 minute ago, ultrasquid said:

My registration email arrived promptly but was caught in my spam filter, so anybody missing theirs should check that folder to see if it was diverted. I added spacedock.info to my contacts so that wouldn't happen again.

True! found it there too!

6 minutes ago, ultrasquid said:

My registration email arrived promptly but was caught in my spam filter, so anybody missing theirs should check that folder to see if it was diverted. I added spacedock.info to my contacts so that wouldn't happen again.

As was mine, forgot to look there for a bit before I actually woke up. :confused:

14 minutes ago, godarklight said:

Yeah we launched with it broken it seems - but they are definitely working now, I think a vast majority are getting them sent to the spam folders though :-/

Strangely emails that come from unknown sources that aren't email servers get flagged as spam by most spam filtering systems.  Whoodathunkit?  Easily fixed in most cases by looking in your spam folders.

14 minutes ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Strangely emails that come from unknown sources that aren't email servers get flagged as spam by most spam filtering systems.  Whoodathunkit?  Easily fixed in most cases by looking in your spam folders.

Do you need some help fixing that?  It's one of the things that I do.

Also, I have checked my spam, and the message hasn't come through.  Possible I messed up the address, can you check please?  [email protected]

thx

Also, [email protected] is still broken.

1 hour ago, Farix said:

Third, I would like to see SpaceDock be primarily a listing or indexing site instead of primarily a repository. This allows mod authors to upload their mods to their preferred repository (Curse, GitHUB, SourceForge, Dropbox, etc.) without also having to upload to SpaceDock.

That's what CKAN is for. If SpaceDock didn't allow mod uploads, we'd have nowhere KSP-specific to upload mods to besides curse, which most people don't want to use.

1 hour ago, MrHappyFace said:

That's what CKAN is for. If SpaceDock didn't allow mod uploads, we'd have nowhere KSP-specific to upload mods to besides curse, which most people don't want to use.

I think it would be nice to have a simple user-friendly web interface for CKAN as well, it could easily be done through a single static page generated daily, and using a Javascript framework for searching and browsing dependencies.

Edited by Valerian

3 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

One thing i would like to suggest is that you change the logo for spacedock, And give it a new color and default background pic.

Yeah, seeing the old logo still kinda hurts... the background color is fine, but It would be nice to have the screenshots and artwork from the kspstuff homepage...

2 minutes ago, Tiberion said:

So I registered but received no email, and the support email listed on the registration landing page is bouncing back. I registered after you said you had fixed it, so maybe not.

Check the spam folder.

2 minutes ago, Tiberion said:

So I registered but received no email, and the support email listed on the registration landing page is bouncing back. I registered after you said you had fixed it, so maybe not.

Hop onto the irc and someone will probably help out.  But yeah, still needs work.  That said, they only started this recently, so it's a pretty good effort considering.

58 minutes ago, Andem said:

Check the spam folder.

57 minutes ago, Tiberion said:

Yes, I know to check the spam folder, its not there. :P

Same with me, but I'll wait a day or two. I'm patient.

It's not uncommon for big mail hosts (Google...) to block or rate limit sites that are just set up and start sending mail.  Even if they are fully correctly configured.  Only thing you can do about that is to wait. Depending on what they are doing, sometimes the mail will eventually get through, and either way they'll start learning that you are a 'real' mail site and what your normal mail volume is.

1 hour ago, Tiberion said:

3 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Same with me, but I'll wait a day or two. I'm patient.

Same story. No email, spam folder or otherwise.