SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

Something that would be good for Spacedock to implement is a way to actually contact mod authors when there is no forum link. The automated CKAN submissions say "Please direct questions about this pull request to <authorname>" with a link to the author's Spacedock profile page, but there's no way to actually contact the author from their profile page.

3 hours ago, corbett said:

I tried to download a mod off of spacedock, but when I open the download, it says "file not found"

Ok, let's start with the basic questions: Which mod?  What browser did you use to download it?  What OS are you running?  How were you trying to open it?

37 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

@kelidoskoped Windows 10 is far better than Windows 7 you have to disable some of the intrusive stuff but as operating systems go its far better than Windows 7 and congrats Spacedock team on breaking the 300gb barrier

OK, can we all agree that there are benefits and negatives to all OSes and that choice is up to the system owner based on several factors, like what the system is for.  And move on.  Not the thread for this.  Not even the forum for it really.

Also, gratz on the 300g.  I contributed a teeny portion to that, mostly by repeatedly trying to upload the same mods when the timeout thing was happening.  :-)

On 21/02/2016 at 11:58 PM, sumghai said:

I will not be hosting any of my mods on SpaceDock, but I have a couple of questions:

- If someone rehosts my work without my permission, what mechanisms will be in place to deal with this? Will it depend on strict adherence to the licence, or would the author's personal request to remove the content suffice?

And it begins ... http://spacedock.info/profile/aggieco18

Edit: for those who have not seen, he has upload MechJeb / Chaka Monkey / Component Space Shuttle and HyperEdit, many of them are now deleted.

Edited by Malah

no some inefficent code is maxing out the cpu when ckan is using it as source while you guys are rocking it hard and its trying to make backups while make me a coffee...

in such cases the webserver autorestarts flushing the system.

average usage is 1/20th of the availabel bandwidth.

also the cdn is comming. it only takes some time to build a worldwide network of nodes with loadbalancing on all that nifty stuff.

Edited by VITAS

If any of you are interrested in helping us...

...we can always use helping hands including:

• Python programmers
  • Network Admins
  • Linux Admins
  • People with Docker, swarm, Kubernets, machine, flannel, geoDNS or SQL clustering experience
  • Webfrontend Developers (js,html5,css3,twig)
  • Graphic Artists / Screen Designer
  • General Support / Helpdesk personel

and everyone else who just wants to help with SpaceDock
if youre interrested:
join us on

irc.esper.net #spacedock 

(click "IRC Chat" at the top of this page and enter "#spacedock" as channel)
and just ask one of the ops (if present)

Edited by VITAS

The new blue theme seems a bit too dark... and site icon doesn't have a transparent background

I'd suggest #08437c which looks quite nicer IMO and here's a preview:

bG4iXTW.png

Edited by Acea

Sorry... Not a fan of the new blue... especially the the three light blue sections at the bottom of the page...and with white text, its worse... The top blue seems to be very similar to most of the SD icon, so that it almost blends in... I know not everyone is gonna be happy no matter WHAT color combo the site is, so take my opinion with a grain of salt...

One positive thing to say, is that if we are now down to complaining about the site's color scheme, especially less than, what?, a week after starting from nothing, then thats just testament to how good a job the new team got the site up & running...

theres always the possibility of adding themes to the site. so you can actualy give everyone what they want.

see my last post for the kind of help we need to make things like this happen.

Edited by VITAS

1 hour ago, CommanderSpock said:

Okay someone posted Asteroid Day to the site under the username KasperVlD, and it is a fake account with a phallic picture as the main user page.

Although this last devnotes say "Kasper (KasperVld) took a week off to study for exams and to write to meet thesis deadlines", and a lot of us probably know that can mess with your mind in weird ways, I too think the money is on this being a fake account by some should be blocked idiot.

Does the Spacedock/kerbalstuff code have provision for blocking source IPs or registration emails?  Not that either system would be anything resembling a true block, but it might go a way toward.

3 hours ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Although this last devnotes say "Kasper (KasperVld) took a week off to study for exams and to write to meet thesis deadlines", and a lot of us probably know that can mess with your mind in weird ways, I too think the money is on this being a fake account by some should be blocked idiot.

Does the Spacedock/kerbalstuff code have provision for blocking source IPs or registration emails?  Not that either system would be anything resembling a true block, but it might go a way toward.

Well, just go the the mod, and go to his page. The user image is incredibly inappropriate, and the whole thing seems like a scam, and dangerous.