SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

@VITAS Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but would it be difficult to display the file size for mods, in each version description (say next to each "download" button), so people know the size of the file before they download it?

I think the dev version does this. But progress on that is slow because only thomas (with some help from RockyTV and me) is working on it.

So if anybody wants to help this poor teenager doing all the heavy code lifting for the entire community. Please do. :)

Current production: Python with flask

Thomas new backend: Go

My still unfinished new Frontend: slim PHP / twig / jquery

Before you ask why there is a Frontend and backend in different languages:

We want to split the front and backend. The Backend is outputing JSON only.

The Frontend only uses PHP to provide a Templating system and routing.
It outputs HTML/CSS/JS to connect to the backends API via ajax.

Reason:
We can host the Frontend with all the static content on run of the mill cheap webspace allowing us to rent a large number all around the world.
The rest will be done by GeoDNS.

In essence: the site will load realy fast....always.

BTW: coding is only one area where we could use some help.
If youre friendly, can write and are trustworthy we have a task for you. :)

Edited by VITAS

• 2 weeks later...

@VITAS I've reported the thread of the following mod to Squad staff https://spacedock.info/mod/1369/Kinterstellar 1.2

It's a rip of the Endurance (Interstellar movie mod) maintained by JPLRepo (Squad staff) but the download file contains only a desktop shortcut... I humbly request that this be removed from SpaceDock too.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...

Just to inform you:
Donations have fallen below the 120$ mark that is required to sustain the current infrastructure.
As result im forced to turn off servers next month to make it financialy sustainable again.

3 hours ago, VITAS said:

Just to inform you:
Donations have fallen below the 120$ mark that is required to sustain the current infrastructure.
As result im forced to turn off servers next month to make it financialy sustainable again.

I hope my contribution helps, love your work.

Yes it helps to keep it above the limit given that every one stays to their promise :)

So thank you (and all the other Donators) ...In fact everyone who usesSpaceDock or CKAN should send you and them a cake for paying for the servers that they use. :)

On 2017-5-29 at 11:15 AM, VITAS said:

Just to inform you:

I'm really sorry to hear that. I've made a pledge to try and assist. It's not much but it's sustainable. Keep up the good work.

9 hours ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping such an awesome site going! I love having a simple an easy way to search for mods and updates. Keep up the good work!:)

Tank you :)

You can also do one time Pledges.
But i would prefer to approach me if youre planing to donate larger one time amounts. So i can give you the bank account details.
Getting Money out of Patreon is a hassel and wastes money so doing direct bank transfers is a good idea for those.
(Patreon, banks and taxes suck away nearly 50% of the donation sum and ive to fill out forms with the USA and German tax institutions)
I dont use Paypal so i cant offer that. But i can offer Bitcoin.

SpaceDock uses a fixed monthly amount of money so from a planing standpoint its better to have a predicteable stream each month.
But because of the above i think larger one time payments are better.

P.S: Im open for suggestions to replace patreon. It needs to be something that is idealy european or better still german (so i dont have to fill out that many forms), doesnt take that many fees (Patreon even takes fees for redonating money within patreon...thats next level greedy) and is cheap for US based people to transfer small amoutns of money to.

Edited by VITAS

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Getting a 502 proxy error every time i try to visit the site.

I've been occasionaly getting this too the last few days... usually a page refresh or two takes care of it for me... ??

Edited by Stone Blue

I seemed to stop getting mod update notices a few days ago. I didn't see any when Nertea did some updates. I went to the site to check the email address to see if it got changed, But I couldn't find a way to bring it up to even check it, let along change it if it was wrong. I sent an email to the support link but haven't heard anything back from that ether.

22 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

@VITAS Hey, don't know if this will help any troubleshooting, but some of the emails that hadn't come through a few days ago arrived this morning, specifically, the notices about the most recent versions of Pathfinder, DSEV, and a bit later FUR.

So it's not just me.  :wink:  (I was thinking maybe it was, because I had some email hangups of my own over the weekend.)

they came because i fixed it :D

long version: theyre replacing the aircondition in one of the serverrooms where SD is located and i had to shut down those servers til next week. so i migrated stuff away from them beforehand and forgot something. :)