Jump to content

SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)


VITAS
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Wolf Baginski said:

Just a heads-up.    spacedock.info isn't responding at the moment.

November 10th 2017 16:30 GMT

Might be something local to me, in the UK. Might already be back. But my connection attempts have timed-out.

 

 

And a couple of minutes after I posted that, everything is working normally.

 

8 hours ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

Having the same issues today in Montana @ 6:48 pm MDT

Edit: We all good, it's back up again.

Also an issue here in NYC at 0525 UTC-5.  I note that the netKAN updated for a Spacedock-hosted mod within the timeframe represented by these reportings, however.  (Relatedly, CKAN is borking when the download requests timeout.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, has SpaceDock.info overcame all its troubles at the moment? Is it safe to update my mods without risk of sending a malicious link to mod followers?

Edited by Ser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Anyone else not getting email notifications when mods are updated?

It sometimes takes a bit after the update, but I do tend to get an email. Sometimes it seems to come in within minutes of downloading the mod, which could just be circumstantial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

It sometimes takes a bit after the update, but I do tend to get an email. Sometimes it seems to come in within minutes of downloading the mod, which could just be circumstantial.

Well, as far as I can tell I haven't gotten any for a couple of weeks at least - despite some of the mods I follow updating (sometimes multiple times) in that time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Well, as far as I can tell I haven't gotten any for a couple of weeks at least - despite some of the mods I follow updating (sometimes multiple times) in that time.

Yeah, I'm not sure how many that I follow have updated, but the last email I got was from the 4th November. It took me a while to find it as I also get emails for ckan changes from GitHub, and at least half of them are from the spacedock script.  I should look at putting those in some folder.

To assist resolution, it would be nice to know if this is all email or some domains. My stuff all goes to a Gmail account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

To assist resolution, it would be nice to know if this is all email or some domains. My stuff all goes to a Gmail account.

Mine goes to netaddress.com.  (I think that's where their receive domain is.  My address is @usa.net.  Predates Gmail by a bit.  :wink: )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Mine goes to netaddress.com.  (I think that's where their receive domain is.  My address is @usa.net.  Predates Gmail by a bit.  :wink: )

That goes to mxpool01.netaddress.usa.net, which is a single ip. No CNAME off to the dot com.

I got sick of telling people about a new email address everytime I changed ISP about the time Gmail was new. And I kept ISPs for a few years at a time usually.  And, being Australian, I think using a usa.net account might have been a bit daft.  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

That goes to mxpool01.netaddress.usa.net, which is a single ip. No CNAME off to the dot com.

I got sick of telling people about a new email address everytime I changed ISP about the time Gmail was new. And I kept ISPs for a few years at a time usually.  And, being Australian, I think using a usa.net account might have been a bit daft.  :)

Me, it was more that I got to college and realized the email address they gave me would only last for 4 years.  So I went looking for a better option.  When Gmail came out later, I'd already been using this address for half a decade or so, and didn't see enough of advantage to change it.

 

But either way, I think we can discount that it's only happening to certain domains.  Or if it is, it's at least widespread enough that it's likely affecting a lot of people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

get your own domain (maybe with your name) and transfer it to the provider you like and book some email there. :)

(Not everyone goes overboard like i do and sets up a whole email infrastructure just for his family :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm die no. But its doing the register/mod updte mails and my families mail too.

So its sorta important.

It seems like apache was stillr unnign but sort of stuck.

Strange thing was, that i couldnt service restart it beacause it was running without known pid.

Ive to move servers. This one needs a cleanup that only a reinstall could bring.


I wish you a great fastive season too.

(Im leaving for my anual hacker congress on the 25th. This time im in charge of rv and camping trailers. I also plan to hand out 50kg of haribo to helpers i donated)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, VITAS said:

Strange thing was, that i couldnt service restart it beacause it was running without known pid.

 

Monit hates that.   95% of my on-call work is stopping monit, killing PID free services, restarting said services, then restarting monit.

Also, make sure that Haribo is not the sugar free gummy bears.:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For reference, I still don't seem to be getting alerts that mods are updated.

On 12/23/2017 at 3:27 PM, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Monit hates that.   95% of my on-call work is stopping monit, killing PID free services, restarting said services, then restarting monit.

Also, make sure that Haribo is not the sugar free gummy bears.:)

You should be able to kill & restart the services, then remonitor them directly in monit.

Though if you have services that are being started up without registering a PID and are supposed to on a regular basis, you've got deeper problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

For reference, I still don't seem to be getting alerts that mods are updated.

You should be able to kill & restart the services, then remonitor them directly in monit.

Though if you have services that are being started up without registering a PID and are supposed to on a regular basis, you've got deeper problems.

I've had no new notifications either, but I'm not sure how many things would have been updated at this time.  I don't follow a lot of mods this way.

Better to monit unmonitor <service>, then restart or kill -9 then start or whatever, then re monitor.  If you restart while monit is trying to monitor things you can get weirdness.  Covering a stack of servers of all sorts of ages, some with custom compiles of services, can lead to some interesting issues with disappearing PIDs.  That said, the worst are standard services. Doing this process for sshd is slightly nervous making (it doesn't kill existing sessions, but that doesn't stop the nerves).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

I've had no new notifications either, but I'm not sure how many things would have been updated at this time.  I don't follow a lot of mods this way.

Better to monit unmonitor <service>, then restart or kill -9 then start or whatever, then re monitor.  If you restart while monit is trying to monitor things you can get weirdness.  Covering a stack of servers of all sorts of ages, some with custom compiles of services, can lead to some interesting issues with disappearing PIDs.  That said, the worst are standard services. Doing this process for sshd is slightly nervous making (it doesn't kill existing sessions, but that doesn't stop the nerves).

I mentioned it because I knew an update for one that I was following had come out, so I was sure I should have gotten one.

(And by the time I need to deal with some service like that, monit has typically unmonitored it on it's own, given my normal settings.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...